EA Forums - Banner

Frozen Rivers

It would be great to have some kind of ice skating task even just once during the event. The lack of frozen fountains is probably down to lack of detail, an oversight.

Replies

• cmckinley18
    9 posts
    edited December 2013
    On a funny note though Flander's sprinkler still runs on occasion through the snow
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited December 2013

also, how come the rivers are frozen over but the little fishing ponds aren't??

Chalmers fishes there often enough that the water doesn't have a chance to freeze. :)
  • Anurchy
    146 posts
    edited December 2013
    Homer could fight the Grumple on ice, a possible quest? :D
  • dmariet16
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2013

also, how come the rivers are frozen over but the little fishing ponds aren't??

Chalmers fishes there often enough that the water doesn't have a chance to freeze. :)

Ice fishing!!! :wink:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It would be great to have some kind of ice skating task even just once during the event.
    Hey neighbor hi.gif

(possible spoilers, for those concerned about such things)

The fourth personal prize appears to be a skating rink. I was hoping there would be a quest to send all the kids ice skating once it unlocked, but I don't see any such thing in the walkthrough.
  • Kizenix
    298 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    The lil pond is frozen if you look very close you can see it's been smashed
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited December 2013
    They could have made the pretend to ski tasks for Homer and Lisa on the frozen water. Not that hard to program.

At least I doesn't look wierd now, when characters walk over the water.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited December 2013
    Look, this is all high class. Everyone of those little ponds has state of the art heating system. Same with sprinkler. I just don't understand how you don't know this. :D
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited December 2013
    bren1960 wrote:
    Look, this is all high class. Everyone of those little ponds has state of the art heating system. Same with sprinkler. I just don't understand how you don't know this. :D
    Someone from Wisconsin would be in the know. :wink: Unfortunately, some folks don't appreciate what a real winter is. :lol:
  • AmtrakQuebec
    138 posts
    edited December 2013
    dgwglenn wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:
    Someone from Wisconsin would be in the know. :wink: Unfortunately, some folks don't appreciate what a real winter is. :lol:

Wisconsin winters? Pfffft Try a Quebec one, then you'll know what freakin' winter really is! :)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Kizenix wrote:

Yep. The angel fountain also has bits of ice along the edge. The only water that doesn't have some ice in it appears to be Homer's pool. (And probably the hot tub, but I don't have a hot tub.)
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited December 2013
    neuroheart wrote:
    Kizenix wrote:

Yep. The angel fountain also has bits of ice along the edge. The only water that doesn't have some ice in it appears to be Homer's pool. (And probably the hot tub, but I don't have a hot tub.)

Springfield Falls is frozen along the edge too.
  • elly_smile231
    47 posts
    edited December 2013
    I think the ski tasks are cute... but wouldve liked to see actual ski's though, they look more like ice skaters... and that makes me mad because I made my own lil rink and wouldve loved to see them on it. :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.