EA Forums - Banner

This post might come off rude...

Replies

  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited December 2013
    Awesome thread LoC! Needed to be said :lol: great job :thumbup:
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited December 2013
    Awesome thread LoC! Needed to be said :lol: great job :thumbup:

    :twisted:
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    TL; DR
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Damn it's nice to see someone with a brain between their shoulders on here for a change! :D
    Too bad most people will read this and not even get an ounce out of what you said... But hey lets be optimistic right. Hell it's the holiday season, so maybe we'll be granted a miracle. :wink:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • sexyrobotface
    41 posts
    edited December 2013
    Serious question, going through the original post and reading all the others, how can you seem to be so angry at EA (accusing them of being like secret spies trying to bankrupt us minions) and still continue to play for coming on a year now? I don't understand this hatred for a company that is a business. It's not a charity. You can buy a coat for $4000.00 or you can buy one for $40.00.

    I for one love EA. Thank you for providing me almost a year of this insanley addictive thing that I can play anywhere. I've grown up playing games so I know the value you get per dollar.

    If you want them to stop 'monitoring' your 'moods' and 'forcing' you to have that 'one thing' than maybe just stop playing EA games altogether.
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited December 2013
    moxxee wrote:
    mwilsonsix wrote:
    I respect your post but I laughed for a long time when I read "understand the **** we are under." I understand what you're getting at, but a little proofreading will prevent distractions from your point.

    LOL ya was multitasking. At least my point got across. :mrgreen:

    ccrp_0803_01_z%2Bcenterforce_clutch_swap%2Btransmission_under_car_hood.jpg

    This is an automatic transmission....

    :wink:

    This week I was reading an article how the government has been spying on World of Warcraft users, and it made me think about this game. Interesting times we live in.

    Ya and that's old news, mainstream just let it out because it was all over alternative news for years now so how long can government keep things on the hush. WAIT I retract my statement. Government is our best friend and tells us everything. :roll:

    This isn't even half of the **** we are under and not just us this whole world. But people don't pay attention to details because of the many distractions they shove down our throat. ESPECIALLY something everyone has in their house. It's called the idiot box.


    Hi neigbour :wink:

    great post..... but the true humour of "****" could be lost to non Brit gay people....... It is an affectionate nickname for a ****..... so "under a ****" has a whole other interpretation :lol:
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited December 2013
    Serious question, going through the original post and reading all the others, how can you seem to be so angry at EA (accusing them of being like secret spies trying to bankrupt us minions) and still continue to play for coming on a year now? I don't understand this hatred for a company that is a business. It's not a charity. You can buy a coat for $4000.00 or you can buy one for $40.00.

    I for one love EA. Thank you for providing me almost a year of this insanley addictive thing that I can play anywhere. I've grown up playing games so I know the value you get per dollar.

    If you want them to stop 'monitoring' your 'moods' and 'forcing' you to have that 'one thing' than maybe just stop playing EA games altogether.

    Because its a good game if it weren't for the corporate greed. The same can be said about society.
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited December 2013
    Adamcayce wrote:
    Serious question, going through the original post and reading all the others, how can you seem to be so angry at EA (accusing them of being like secret spies trying to bankrupt us minions) and still continue to play for coming on a year now? I don't understand this hatred for a company that is a business. It's not a charity. You can buy a coat for $4000.00 or you can buy one for $40.00.

    I for one love EA. Thank you for providing me almost a year of this insanley addictive thing that I can play anywhere. I've grown up playing games so I know the value you get per dollar.

    If you want them to stop 'monitoring' your 'moods' and 'forcing' you to have that 'one thing' than maybe just stop playing EA games altogether.

    Because its a good game if it weren't for the corporate greed. The same can be said about society.

    Corporate greed is actually a good thing, the same way investment bankers being greedy is a good thing. Greedy people are necessary in society.

    It always surprises me how the people complaining about corporate / banking greed are the same ones complaining that they're not getting enough growth in their pension plans and how they're not paid enough for their hard work. It's as if they have zero understanding of basic economics.

    Oh, wait.
  • Neenner
    32 posts
    edited December 2013
    Excellent read :)
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited December 2013
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Too bad most people will read this and not even get an ounce out of what you said... But hey lets be optimistic right.

    That's what I'm thinking^^

    Good read LOC, hope you feel better soon
  • benjaminsamms
    102 posts
    edited December 2013
    Awesome post LoC. You nailed it.
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    giphy.gif
  • TastyMcHatton
    13 posts
    edited December 2013
    Seems to me you're doing the very thing you're complaining about. There's honestly probably a thread out there exactly like this.
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited December 2013
    Adamcayce wrote:
    Serious question, going through the original post and reading all the others, how can you seem to be so angry at EA (accusing them of being like secret spies trying to bankrupt us minions) and still continue to play for coming on a year now? I don't understand this hatred for a company that is a business. It's not a charity. You can buy a coat for $4000.00 or you can buy one for $40.00.

    I for one love EA. Thank you for providing me almost a year of this insanley addictive thing that I can play anywhere. I've grown up playing games so I know the value you get per dollar.

    If you want them to stop 'monitoring' your 'moods' and 'forcing' you to have that 'one thing' than maybe just stop playing EA games altogether.

    Because its a good game if it weren't for the corporate greed. The same can be said about society.

    Corporate greed is actually a good thing, the same way investment bankers being greedy is a good thing. Greedy people are necessary in society.

    It always surprises me how the people complaining about corporate / banking greed are the same ones complaining that they're not getting enough growth in their pension plans and how they're not paid enough for their hard work. It's as if they have zero understanding of basic economics.

    Oh, wait.

    :lol::lol: There's a different group of people who just don't get it. Capitalism is great for bankers and corporations. There are other ways of living that befit ALL. I don't think you've thought that far into it.
    16gzzhf.jpg
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    First of all I don't care if you agree or not but a smack to reality for "some", not all of you, is required.
    I just needed to share this because the forum has gone downhill for quite some while now.
    This is more of my opinion then a complaint.

    There are some complainers in here that clearly need to get their head out their own a$$. You guys clearly complain and complain and get nowhere, I honestly don't want to know how some of you fight with your girl, that's if any of the lame people have any. It's a game and your not the developer so be happy with what you get you spoiled brats. It's a freemium game and no1 held a gun to your head saying you have to dl this game and then pay real money for in game currency then you complain about things being expensive or EA is ripping you off, you did it to yourself.

    Some of you rushers, there are a few exceptions, need to learn with what you have done. Some of them are the same people that complaint when is the next update or there is nothing to do, " I'm bored and EA you suck ". Tell us something we don't know and go in the corner and play with yourself. I don't mind rushers because some do it just because they have money to spend ( there are better ways to spend your money, maybe a real donation to a real cause?) or want spoilers or just like getting everything done and love doing redesigns or full redesigns ( not all rushers do it for this reason ) which will take their time up till next update and that's all good and everyone's has a right to their own but remember you did it so please don't come here crying later that your bored. I just don't get it why the need of rushing everything in one day when you can enjoy it for a while.

    There are obvious few people don't understand what a troll is or what a trolls job is. Most likely he is bored or like to * DUMB people off that fall for their trap. Some people just don't understand and keep an argument going online with a troll and you except to win and most likely you end up looking like a fool. All you have to do is ignore such threads or read and go on about your business. I find some people keep mentioning trolls which in turn gases them up and they continue to do what they do. It's just like a car, if you want the ride to last, you have to fill her up which in turn means just stop feeding/gassing the trolls. I didn't even want to mention his name ( might get gased even more ;) ) but Joshsheer is an infamous troll here. I have him as a friend but I have almost never responded to his threads. Sometimes I agree with his posts and sometimes I don't. But I def get a kick out of reading his posts which do be funny sometimes and what's even funnier is the dumb losers thats respond to his posts trying to argue. LMAO :lol: Also some people obviously hate some of these trolls so you are dumb enough to answer but you make threads about them? Which must mean you have them on your mind and just like hearing them speak. If that's the case just PM them you can talk all you want to your lover.

    Also the multiple threads is also annoying so if some people could just use the search function button but then again it doesn't always work properly so make a thread go ahead but if you see someone just made a thread about something you was about to make don't make a new one just reply to that thread. This is why I stopped posting these few days including some people that talk crazy online but you know they aren't half like that in person. This is the Internet so you always find those but how does it boost your life? Just be you and do you. You must really have a small life or none at all if coming to a freemium game thread and always trying to bully someone or act tough. Com on get real.

    Do you know everything you do or say in the game or forum is monitored ? Go read you lisence agreements or the privacy policies. Understand the **** we are under. ( Not just by EA but see the whole picture about your government which is getting totally off topic but really people wake up to the lies government and the ELTIE are feeding you ) But some people too lost in life to realize what's going on around them. This game is for my childhood love of the Simpsons and it gives a little break from real life. EA is doing statistics based on your moods, habits, play time and etc. You guys are just lab rats being tested on unless you are aware of it.

    EA is having a huge kick laughing at this forum and the players playing this game. They see your weakness. It's pretty obvious because they clearly state it in some of our quest lines. They are even getting a bigger kick out how many losers and impatient fools they are sucking the money out of (not just the app) regarding the wheel spin thingamajig. The wheel spin thing was genious thing in their part. They have made you guys go mad and spend everything. Like really why do you need everything in one day? I haven't spend no donuts on coins and I already had 5 stuff from it. You can earn coins through gift boxes and 1 a day for the rest of the event. But you can have more than 1 when you are done with your personal prizes you have a shot at more. So EA is laughing to the bank realizing how they just got you to waste money on something you should've just had by having some patience or play it out for the event. Even logging in once a day would be good enough maybe even less. So EA is happy their test project worked and maybe they are working on future or already have future money makers for the people who can't use their brain to play.

    Last of all regarding land. Can we get more LAND? This game is in all about creativity. So with all the updates shouldn't we be able to be creative with it? But they don't care, their first motive is MONEY not whether we can be creative enough or not. But hey worth a try asking and might as well ask here instead of starting another thread.

    Sorry for the long read had some time since I'm sick today. :/

    This is why you are one of my favorite friends :) hope you feel better soon!
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited December 2013
    Adamcayce wrote:
    Adamcayce wrote:
    Serious question, going through the original post and reading all the others, how can you seem to be so angry at EA (accusing them of being like secret spies trying to bankrupt us minions) and still continue to play for coming on a year now? I don't understand this hatred for a company that is a business. It's not a charity. You can buy a coat for $4000.00 or you can buy one for $40.00.

    I for one love EA. Thank you for providing me almost a year of this insanley addictive thing that I can play anywhere. I've grown up playing games so I know the value you get per dollar.

    If you want them to stop 'monitoring' your 'moods' and 'forcing' you to have that 'one thing' than maybe just stop playing EA games altogether.

    Because its a good game if it weren't for the corporate greed. The same can be said about society.

    Corporate greed is actually a good thing, the same way investment bankers being greedy is a good thing. Greedy people are necessary in society.

    It always surprises me how the people complaining about corporate / banking greed are the same ones complaining that they're not getting enough growth in their pension plans and how they're not paid enough for their hard work. It's as if they have zero understanding of basic economics.

    Oh, wait.

    :lol::lol: There's a different group of people who just don't get it. Capitalism is great for bankers and corporations. There are other ways of living that befit ALL. I don't think you've thought that far into it.

    So - you don't have any savings, or a current account, or a pension, or a mortgage, a debit or credit card, or an employer? You don't buy any products manufactured by large corporations? You don't pay for services from them?

    If bankers didn't make a profit, you wouldn't get any growth on your pension plan - you'd have to sort that out for yourself, or work through retirement. You wouldn't get any interest on your savings. You wouldn't be able to borrow money to buy a house. You wouldn't be able to use the bank's retail services to pay your bills and withdraw cash from an ATM. You'd be paid in cash which you'd then have to stick under your mattress, and you'd be paid significantly less because payroll would have to be done manually rather than automated, all that cash your employer needs would need a vault and security and time locks and insurance except, wait, insurance companies benefit from capitalism too, so they're out, so if your employer gets knocked over and they have no money to pay you, oh, tough. You wouldn't be able to go online, much less shop there; you wouldn't have a smartphone on which to play this game. All these things are the product of "greedy bankers and corporations".

    I don't know what exactly you're suggesting as an alternative (Communism? Religious Communism? Anarchism? Socialism?) but the alternatives to capitalism are not viable. We've seen what Communism does. I don't think anyone can actually make an intelligent argument in favour of Anarchy. Socialism is just an excuse for unproductive members of society to demand their "fair" share - they want to contribute less and still have the same lifestyle as those who are doing the real work and have the real talent. Well, call me crazy, but that sort of thinking is what got us into this mess in the first place: banks bending over backwards to accommodate the excessive borrowing of those unfit to recognise their own economic limitations.

    Capitalism is NOT the problem. The free market is NOT the problem. If they were the problem, then every capitalist country would be in the same position as the USA, and they're not.

    I've thought further into it than you know and, unlike 99% of the population, I understand it. My position is based on facts, not "humourous" little comics.

    In any case, the point being made here was that EA have every right to turn as much profit as they can. In fact, we want them to. The more money they're making, the more they can put back into the game, which means server upgrades, more / better developers, rights to more content, which all leads to a better gameplay experience for us.
  • 9d51ca2b37f2d94f
    7697 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Excellent post! :-)

    Some people just don't get it. Trying to convince people otherwise can be difficult. It's like being colorblind.
    Is this a 3 or 8?
    6a0105349b8251970b01539333fa65970b-pi
    We could sit here all day an argue about something... And although there may be a correct answer, we will never be able to force people to see things the way we see them. People who are colorblind may see the 3, but not the 8.
    reverse_ishihara.gif
    See anything with the above photo? It is a reverse colorblind test. If you have this issue you will clearly see a "no" in the picture. Again, we could sit here all day and argue about who killed who, but at the end of the day sometimes we just have to agree to disagree. (pardon the use of an overused clich?)

    For example, everyone knows jar-jar binks is the greatest Star Wars character of all time. There is no need to argue about it.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    TL; DR
    TL;BHTR;BIAM (Too long, but have to read, because I'm a mod. :| )

    Watchin ya! :lol:
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Good read. With multiple opinions and pov's.

    Feel better dude.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    jayesbee wrote:
    I appreciate that you took the time and effort to address something you obviously feel is important. I'm not trying to be confrontational; I usually try to avoid responding to posts like this, but I have some thoughts about your post.

    It's interesting how every online message board and forum has its own character. Somethings are present in EVERY forum: Trolls, for one. This forum (and maybe this is a recent development, as I'm fairly new here) seems overrun with people who have a VERY strong idea of how people should play the game and how people should post on the forum and are very overbearing in telling other people that their methods of play and posting are WRONG. This seems very unique to this forum. I suspect that the general forum population may be slightly less sophisticated than average. This is a game that attracts people from all ages and all walks of life. That's a good thing, but perhaps that's why you see so many "complaints," multiple threads, pranks, trolling and just plain goofiness.

    If you think your post is part of the solution, you're wrong. It's part of the problem. You try to soften your comments by claiming: "This is more of my opinion then a complaint." But your post is a complaint. It's a screed. So, you complain about people who complain, but YOUR complaint is DIFFERENT: It's just opinion. And BTW, you're no better than the so-called "complainers" you inveigh against. You end your post complaining (and whining, in my opinion) about the lack of new land! Oh, but your complaining is different. It's opinion. Right.

    I agree with your advice regarding trolls: It's best to ignore them and move on to the parts of the forum that are valuable to you. I humbly suggest you take your own very good advice. Why do people get so upset about the so-called "complainers?" It's a DISCUSSION FORUM, you know, for DISCUSSING the game. People have opinions. Sometimes people have different opinions than yours. Fine, discuss these opinions, but why argue and fight about the very fact that you don't like someone's opinion? Try to change their mind, try to see their side, or better yet, ignore the people and posts you find annoying. It's really that easy. I am 99% successful at this, but obviously, I can't help myself either, sometimes.

    If I could join in in the forum past time of trying to impose my ideals and values on the rest of the group, I would wish for this: Everyone would stop commenting on HOW people post (unless, of course, it is clearly a personal attack, foul language, etc.) and spend more time commenting on WHAT people post. Let's not be so afraid of opposite opinions. If something seems repetitious, or annoying, or dumb, either try to educate in a constructive way or just move on. Quit all the bickering. Let's just talk.

    Anyway, just some food for thought.

    Well done. Sick of these posts about "the way things should be around here".
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.