EA Forums - Banner

Anybody scared of the Dec 5th update?

I am hopeful, yet apprehensive.

Replies

  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm with you on this. It's because I thought I lost my Springfield with the Thanksgiving update. Now that there's another update, I hope the transition is smooth.

    However, that being said, this is going to be an app update...so who knows, it might become more stable. At least that's what it should do. :)
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I am hoping they realized all of the issues they had and are making a big improvement.
  • morticite
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    As always, I will wait for a few days to let everyone figure out what problems there are. I always consider the first day or so a beta and allow everyone else to have their shtuff deleted or broken. Then if it is truly a global problem I will wait for a fix before updating.

    A few of you might consider this approach, although not too many as we need some guinea pigs.
  • Warpt1
    198 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm not too worried. I'm sure there will be bugs; there are now.

    Game should play as normal. But, you never know.

    I think people with older devices trying to continue playing might have the issues which will also affect friends of those people. I suspect I'll have to unfriend some players but not by choice but because their Springfield will bump me off the server.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited December 2012
    Warpt1 wrote:
    I think people with older devices trying to continue playing might have the issues which will also affect friends of those people. I suspect I'll have to unfriend some players but not by choice but because their Springfield will bump me off the server.

    O dear, I think you may be right. And I don't really want to do that. I hope we won't have that problem....:(
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I horded Canned Food today, so yes It is scaring me
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited December 2012
    morticite wrote:
    As always, I will wait for a few days to let everyone figure out what problems there are. I always consider the first day or so a beta and allow everyone else to have their shtuff deleted or broken. Then if it is truly a global problem I will wait for a fix before updating.

    A few of you might consider this approach, although not too many as we need some guinea pigs.
    I'd rather that EA offered some of us the ability to ACTUALLY beta test updates a few days before they roll out. It would help them catch a lot of the glitches they seem to miss. Plus the beta testers could give real feedback to the forum users about upcoming features (as opposed to the rumor mill we have now).
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited December 2012
    Yeah I thought I lost my account for a good week after the thanksgiving update... I think I'm gonna wait til at least the end of the day to update, by then most of the people whose games were going to crash already were.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited December 2012
    Well, actually if they rolled out the updates like the Halloween one, anybody whose timezone is ahead of the Americans playing this game will be the guinea pigs.

    So if anybody needs to worry, it's anyone who will hit Dec 5 first and download the update first. On that note, I need to remind myself not to update the app and suppress the addict in me. Bummer...
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited December 2012
    mellytan wrote:
    Well, actually if they rolled out the updates like the Halloween one, anybody whose timezone is ahead of the Americans playing this game will be the guinea pigs.

    So if anybody needs to worry, it's anyone who will hit Dec 5 first and download the update first. On that note, I need to remind myself not to update the app and suppress the addict in me. Bummer...
    App Store updates come by time zone??
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited December 2012
    dcline414 wrote:
    mellytan wrote:
    Well, actually if they rolled out the updates like the Halloween one, anybody whose timezone is ahead of the Americans playing this game will be the guinea pigs.

    So if anybody needs to worry, it's anyone who will hit Dec 5 first and download the update first. On that note, I need to remind myself not to update the app and suppress the addict in me. Bummer...
    App Store updates come by time zone??

    O yes, I keep forgetting that its an app update not an in-game update. :oops: My bad!!
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Be afraid... If you have an old ipod

    image.jpg
    Is there anyone out there?
  • autographz
    172 posts
    edited December 2012
    There have been so many problems with small updates, that if this big update was problem-free it'd be a near miracle... :?
  • redshift9
    34 posts
    edited December 2012
    Some bugs are inevitable, so I'm not going to freak out over every little thing. I'm just hoping the update will fix more problems than it causes. As long as my Springfield is accessible and intact, I'll be happy.

    Some blinking Christmas lights for the Simpson house would be nice, though.
  • julesg007
    374 posts
    edited December 2012
    Think we're all stuck between a rock and a hard place!

    With so many of us maxed out on lvl 23 I presume we are all getting pretty keen for an update but as equally apprehensive as rightly pointed out there seems to be issues with each update.

    Lets hope that it all works OK.

    Would be good if the game could be beta tested before each update, something I have mentioned myself on the forum previously, I am sure that you could get sufficient volunteers from the forum to do it, I for one would be up for it.

    Anyhow, fast approaching 00:30 hrs on 5/12/12 here in the UK and no updates, either from the game or via the App Store.
  • lisamaseyk
    55 posts
    edited December 2012
    Waited nearly a week after Halloween update was launched - was so worried of losing my town as read forum posts here first. But am so excited about getting this new one am going to update my kid's one first and see what happens.
    11am EST in Australia and have had no notification of any kind
  • shockman85
    265 posts
    edited December 2012
    I play on my iPad 2 at home, but sneak in quests at my desk at work during the day on my iPod 2nd gen. Guess ill have to just use 3-4 hour tasks and catch up at lunch #addictedproblems
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    Ha. I have no money but so much land. Half of it is water.

    IMG_1976.png

    IMG_1977.png
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.