EA Forums - Banner

Occupied Building Animations:

Prev1
The Volcano lair opens with a rocket moving inside.

The House of Evil had items that moved about in the window and the Bad Dream House had (bad) disco lighting blasting from the windows. Both of these animations went when the Halloween update closed off on 11/05/12.

SNPP functions as a single building, not three separates - so anything associated with it results in the cooling towers running.

Androids Dungeon has a misfiring rooftop A/C unit.

Based on the buildings etc I have, so far as I can tell the Gulp n' Blow, Willie's Shack, the Treehouse, Java Server, Jakes and King Toots have nothing.

Replies

  • redshift9
    34 posts
    edited December 2012
    I can't fill in all the blanks, but I have an answer for some:

    Gulp 'N Blow: I haven't noticed one
    Willie's Shack: I haven't noticed one
    Reactor Core: I haven't noticed one
    Control Building: I haven't noticed one
    Android's Dungeon: Air conditioning unit on the roof smokes
    The Java Server: I haven't noticed one
    Skip's Diner: I haven't noticed one
    Springfield Penitentiary: Searchlights come on
    Retirement Castle: I haven't noticed one
    Town Hall: A person can be seen moving in the windows
    Muntz House: A raccoon on the roof chews an electrical wire
    Krabappel Apartment: Every few seconds a window opens and someone (presumably Edna) blows cigarette smoke out
    Chanel 6: I haven't noticed one
    Bad Dream House: Windows quickly flash in bright colors. Now that Treehouse of Horrors is over, I don't think there are any more Bad Dream Housel quests, so you won't see this animation anymore.
    House of Evil: Some items in the shop window move. Same Treehouse of Horrors caveat as above.

    I may be wrong on some. Other buildings I've skipped completely because I don't have them or don't use them for quests frequently enough to know.

    edit: I was typing my reply while the_jazzdevil did his. Sorry for any repeats.
  • ru77en
    23 posts
    edited December 2012
    Krusty Burger also has the spinning eyes on the sign.
  • the_jazzdevil
    140 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    redshift9 wrote:
    edit: I was typing my reply while the_jazzdevil did his. Sorry for any repeats.

    I only got in first because I typed less :D

    ru77en wrote:
    Krusty Burger also has the spinning eyes on the sign.

    Oh yeah, I meant to mention that too!
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited December 2012
    First off, you should probably amend Cleetus's place just to note that animation only happens when you plant crops. Otherwise, nothing else happens when you send him on a regular quest as I have him there a lot. Secondly, since the only place people can go at the power plant is the control building that makes the cooling towers do what they do it'd be best to lump the three together and simply call them the nuclear power plant. Plus, the light in the window at the Brown Houses (regular and cool) is from the TV in the house, which makes what Lisa said very ironic. That said, here's what I do know.

    Skip's Dinner: No animation at all (I have Grandpa in there right now and there's nothing on the roof)
    The Java Server: No visible animation but it could do the same as the Dungeon
    The Retirement Castle: No animation at all (Lisa is currently reading to the seniors)
    The Android's Dungeon: Small puffs of smoke from the heater(?) on top
    Luigi's: Steady stream of smoke from the kitchen exhaust pipes (I have Luigi and Tony there)
    Bad Dream House: Halloween: Multicolored lights flashing in the windows. Rest of the year: No animation as building can't be entered
    Krabapple's Apartment: Cigarette smoke from her window (Someone who has this building can correct me if I'm wrong because that's what you get when you tap on it)
    House of Evil: No animation (Again as it's seasonal no one has tasks to shop there)
    King Toots: No animation as no one gets sent there
    Gazebo: No animation as a Mensa meeting triggers nothing
    City Hall: Nothing as far as I can recall
    Springfield Penn: I want to say search lights start looking for convicts

    (Sorry for any repeats there because how are we to know people were answering at the same time. Then again it looks like I was able to confirm a few things)
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited December 2012
    The kwik-e mart doors also remain open while in use.
  • Warpt1
    198 posts
    edited December 2012
    The Duff Brewery animation is a guy on the La-Z-Boy chair rolling from door to door.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    xrobotlove wrote:
    The kwik-e mart doors also remain open while in use.

    The doors are open only when facing southwest. South facing Kwik-E-Marts only have the fan animation on top.
    (As pointed out by MichelleUS66 http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9129018.page#25983971)


    Chibihalo wrote:
    That only happens when Apu is in front of them praying though.

    Note to Chibihalo - Perhaps this is true for the South facing KEM, but when the building front is to the left, the doors remain open when occupied regardless of Apu's religious practices.
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited December 2012
    xrobotlove wrote:
    The kwik-e mart doors also remain open while in use.

    That only happens when Apu is in front of them praying though. I don't think we can call the building occupied during those 45 seconds he's in front of the sensor. I have people in their right now and the doors are closed. Still, Bacon can note that one.

    @Topic: Post Office: From what I've read all it does is hand out money and has no tasks people can do inside it yet.
  • talk375
    124 posts
    edited December 2012
    Chibihalo wrote:

    Skip's Dinner: No animation at all (I have Grandpa in there right now and there's nothing on the roof)
    The Java Server: No visible animation but it could do the same as the Dungeon
    The Retirement Castle: No animation at all (Lisa is currently reading to the seniors)
    The Android's Dungeon: Small puffs of smoke from the heater(?) on top
    Luigi's: Steady stream of smoke from the kitchen exhaust pipes (I have Luigi and Tony there)
    Bad Dream House: Halloween: Multicolored lights flashing in the windows. Rest of the year: No animation as building can't be entered
    Krabapple's Apartment: Cigarette smoke from her window (Someone who has this building can correct me if I'm wrong because that's what you get when you tap on it)
    House of Evil: No animation (Again as it's seasonal no one has tasks to shop there)
    King Toots: No animation as no one gets sent there
    Gazebo: No animation as a Mensa meeting triggers nothing
    City Hall: Nothing as far as I can recall

    City hall has some walking back and forth along the three side windows.
    King Toots has no animation but Otto does go there to get his guitar restrung
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited December 2012
    talk375 wrote:
    Chibihalo wrote:

    Skip's Dinner: No animation at all (I have Grandpa in there right now and there's nothing on the roof)
    The Java Server: No visible animation but it could do the same as the Dungeon
    The Retirement Castle: No animation at all (Lisa is currently reading to the seniors)
    The Android's Dungeon: Small puffs of smoke from the heater(?) on top
    Luigi's: Steady stream of smoke from the kitchen exhaust pipes (I have Luigi and Tony there)
    Bad Dream House: Halloween: Multicolored lights flashing in the windows. Rest of the year: No animation as building can't be entered
    Krabapple's Apartment: Cigarette smoke from her window (Someone who has this building can correct me if I'm wrong because that's what you get when you tap on it)
    House of Evil: No animation (Again as it's seasonal no one has tasks to shop there)
    King Toots: No animation as no one gets sent there
    Gazebo: No animation as a Mensa meeting triggers nothing
    City Hall: Nothing as far as I can recall

    City hall has some walking back and forth along the three side windows.
    King Toots has no animation but Otto does go there to get his guitar restrung

    I don't have Otto so I didn't know. And yeah I saw that one about City Hall after I posted, which is why I said as far as I could recall.
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited December 2012
    xrobotlove wrote:
    The kwik-e mart doors also remain open while in use.
    spiffshine wrote:
    The doors are open only when facing southwest. South facing Kwik-E-Marts only have the fan animation on top.
    (As pointed out by MichelleUS66 http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9129018.page#25983971)
    Chibihalo wrote:
    That only happens when Apu is in front of them praying though.
    spiffshine wrote:
    Note to Chibihalo - Perhaps this is true for the South facing KEM, but when the building front is to the left, the doors remain open when occupied regardless of Apu's religious practices.

    Edit: excuse my ****, I'm just gonna take this part out now cuz it doesn't make sense anymore.

    Anyway... That was quite an interesting thread, thanks spiff. And I can say for sure the doors remain open for the entire duration of "shop at kwik-e mart" when the building is facing south-west.
  • Roonil2
    215 posts
    edited December 2012
    For Frink's Lab there's a mini version of the ray gun on the roof that lights up. Another gizmo does as well I think.

    Otto's bus. Nothing that I can recall when Otto is inside. But on 'work on bus' you can see his legs sticking out from underneath. And on 'sleep it off' he's splayed out on the roof.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    @BaconGibson - As the tips roll in, it would be nice if you edited your original post to include the new information. That would give one nice, tidy, complete list for those interested. :)
  • USDPC
    221 posts
    edited December 2012
    Aztec Theater - lights up when people are inside working/watching movies.
    Observatory - the telescope moves up and down when people are inside using it.
    First Church of Springfield - when its converted to HECK HOUSE the sign lights up when people are inside, and the bulletin board outside flashes a skull & cross bones pic.

    Duff Brewery - A little guy in a recliner rotates through the doors on the roof when Duffman is working the brewery.

    DUFF.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • BaconGibson
    51 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Edited original post to include the new information.

    THANKS, EVERYONE!

  • indydude33
    118 posts
    edited December 2012
    Frinks Lab: The ray gun fires. The Tesla globe sparks. ANd that Frankenstein-lab thingie that looks like a TV antenna has sparks flying up it. (OK science geeks, what is that thing called? ... I was proud of myself for knowing the Tesla globe's name. LOL)

  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    indydude33 wrote:
    Frinks Lab: The ray gun fires. The Tesla globe sparks. ANd that Frankenstein-lab thingie that looks like a TV antenna has sparks flying up it. (OK science geeks, what is that thing called? ... I was proud of myself for knowing the Tesla globe's name. LOL)

    It's called a Jacob's Ladder (which is also an excellent, if disturbing, film). Frink's lab has one of the best animations.

    The buildings without animations irk me. How hard would it be to make Toot's or the Java or Skip's air-con move or GnB's chimney smoke or the barber's sign rotate? Aside from looking nice it's handy to be able to tell at a glance when a character is in a building.

    By the way, in the Guilded Truffle it's diners that are moving around in the windows and, I'm pretty sure, it's a floozy walking around the Town Hall.
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    indydude33 wrote:
    Frinks Lab: The ray gun fires. The Tesla globe sparks. ANd that Frankenstein-lab thingie that looks like a TV antenna has sparks flying up it. (OK science geeks, what is that thing called? ... I was proud of myself for knowing the Tesla globe's name. LOL)

    It's called a Jacob's Ladder (which is also an excellent, if disturbing, film). Frink's lab has one of the best animations.

    The buildings without animations irk me. How hard would it be to make Toot's or the Java or Skip's air-con move or GnB's chimney smoke or the barber's sign rotate? Aside from looking nice it's handy to be able to tell at a glance when a character is in a building.

    By the way, in the Guilded Truffle it's diners that are moving around in the windows and, I'm pretty sure, it's a floozy walking around the Town Hall.

    If it's a floozy then it must be Miss Springfield. Good old Diamond Joe is almost always in her company.
  • BaconGibson
    51 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Updated again!
    The original post...& my lexicon!
    Love Tesla Globe & Jacob's Ladder!
    Thanks!
  • maikelpeels
    44 posts
    edited December 2012
    Lard Lad Donuts, has flickering lights inside
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!