EA Forums - Banner

An idea that might make the "people finder" even better...

It's a good idea, they could keep making it easier and easier to do simple things, but it'll reach a point where people will moan at the fact that it's to easy and that they hardly do any 'tapping' anymore..

Replies

• DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited December 2013
    As an extra benefit it could also be used to find people that have no tasks.
    I love showing people my Krusty doll and what he says "Krusty say die"

It would be super sweet if I could just tap on him in "Character collections" and be taken straight to where he is so I can get him to say said line.
  • RyderMike319
    254 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Only improvement I have is to find people who's task is complete. For example, when I go through tapping everyone, sometimes I miss a person on a walking task (ie Marge walking Maggie, Krabapple on strike, etc), because they walk in a path that avoids my view. So if it could show you who's finished a task that would be very helpful.
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited December 2013
    Only improvement I have is to find people who's task is complete. For example, when I go through tapping everyone, sometimes I miss a person on a walking task (ie Marge walking Maggie, Krabapple on strike, etc), because they walk in a path that avoids my view. So if it could show you who's finished a task that would be very helpful.

Good point, hopefully they can add that to the existing "people finder" in future.

My idea really wouldn't help with that.
  • kjamma
    126 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm on board! The people finder is great - we've wanted it for so long so I think it's marvy that they gave us a darn good one, but I agree that a tweak or two could move it to phenom.

In addition to being able to select the person we want to send on a task, I think it would also be cool to find people who are currently on tasks unrelated to questlines - basically, allow anyone currently on a task to be viewable in the task book, not just those working on questline tasks. Good for people like me with the memory of a goldfish...
  • kjamma
    126 posts
    edited December 2013

Ha! That's what I get for starting a response, then walking away for a few minutes...
  • st33lcas3
    256 posts Member
    edited December 2013

:thumbup:

That's almost word for word what I was going to say.
  • julesg007
    374 posts
    edited December 2013
    The character finder is a very helpful addition to the game as it means the time taken on re-tasking has been greatly reduced and there is now no chance of you missing any.

I do, however, think it could improved significantly, not complaining, just making a suggestion!!!

I think if the icon brought up a scrollable list of characters, say in pages of 10 at a time and if each individual character icon had a changeable colour background you could see who is free, who is tasked and who has completed a task but has not been released from it.

So you could have a green background when a character is free to be tasked, red for when they are on task, and amber when they have completed but not been released from a task.

I do though think the exclamation mark idea is very good and putting those characters at the front of the list is very useful.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited December 2013

That's a good point. It was nice when this feature was added to the assigned task or storyline book or whatever it is called. Now if we could also tell when unassigned tasks are finished as well.

It is amazing how adept some of these Springfield'ers are at dodging our view. They have absolutely no respect for the roads I build either, and just cut straight through neighbor's yards, even my house farms :lol:
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It's a good idea, they could keep making it easier and easier to do simple things, but it'll reach a point where people will moan at the fact that it's to easy and that they hardly do any 'tapping' anymore..

I find it hard to believe that anyone would complain about not having to tap the Idle button 50 times to find Bart. :lol:
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited December 2013
    ^This
  • NeiltonSantos11
    1113 posts
    edited December 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

I find it hard to believe that anyone would complain about not having to tap the Idle button 50 times to find Bart. :lol:
    Anyone? Really? On this forum? :lol: I'm not saying it's a bad idea I'm just saying there will be at least 1 guy that won't be happy
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

Anyone? Really? On this forum? :lol: I'm not saying it's a bad idea I'm just saying there will be at least 1 guy that won't be happy

Good call :lol:

But, yeah, still super happy we got this feature. Any further tweaks they make would just be gravy :)
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited December 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    Any further tweaks they make would just be gravy :)

Indeed! I don't expect for my request to be answered, but anything that was done to make it even better won't go unnoticed.
  • nicoletsto665
    3 posts
    edited December 2013
    Great idea DarkSamus. Really hope EA reads this.
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited December 2013
    Thanks Nicole.
  • benjaminsamms
    102 posts
    edited December 2013
    All great ideas, but I'm quite happy with what we have now.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I like the people finder as is. There is already one for people who have finished tasks, its a giant yellow thumbs up floating above their head.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!