EA Forums - Banner

Do you still tap corn? Or are we all gripped with gift card fever?

Prev13
I still tap on corn if a neighbor has it. Same for sqidport tile or channel 6. I figure that tapping on the gift card only benefits me and I'm getting enough giftcards to get all of the prizes at the rate I'm going, so why not do something that benefits my neighbor where I can.
I also tap longer timed buildings where I can also, before heading for brown houses, KEMs, etc.
And I don't mind what is tapped in my town

Replies

• carlamarie669
    140 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I don't care what my neighbours tap on, everyone's in the Xmas mood right now.

I lost my crop in the update and I know many others did too, so they may not factor in crops that have matured since.

Have sent you a private message.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11526 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I tap whatever. If you want corn or tile etc. put the three (new spawn point) there so I see it
    I work and don't have much time to visit so...
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Noodles134
    59 posts
    edited December 2013
    If I see it I tap it but trying to get through all of my neighbours each day means I don't spend time looking like I did prior to the update with each neighbour getting 3 visits a week.
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I'll be honest, I only tap Corn, Tiles, channel 6 if I see it before I see an available gift card..

I know, foreshame..
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm pretty much the same, I work, cook, clean, shower (then get a whole hour of me time before bed) like most people. So if it doesn't stand out. I'm smashing and grabbing to get onto the next town hahaha, but saying that if a neighbour taps my corn I do head over to see if they require theirs tapping, so I'm not all bad :lol:

• julesg007
    374 posts
    edited December 2013
    Being honest, I usually only tap the SP tile as at least that way I get a decent amount of XP. If a Channel 6 is available to tap and no SP tile I might, just depends on the situation.

Right now probably not as you lose out on the GC and as I don't have the time to visit all my neighbours everyday something has to give somewhere but will resume once Christmas has passed.
  • biebel
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    We're getting plenty of gift cards from the game. The value of a c6, tille and certainly corn tap is so mutch higher for the neighbour than 10 gift cards is for me. At worst that attitude costs me 1 coin at the end of the event.

• LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited December 2013
    biebel wrote:
    We're getting plenty of gift cards from the game. The value of a c6, tille and certainly corn tap is so mutch higher for the neighbour than 10 gift cards is for me. At worst that attitude costs me 1 coin at the end of the event.

Did you get my pm ?
  • Zeosly
    46 posts
    edited December 2013
    I just try to be a good neighbor and if that means 10-30 less gift cards to give them a handshake than oh well Ill live. :P

Though im not gonna hunt around to check for that stuff right now.
  • jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited December 2013
    It's nice to see the true holiday spirit in this thread.
  • pattimesseng
    132 posts
    edited December 2013
    Louise, I sent you a pm and a friend request in the game.

My corn will be ready this afternoon. I have room for a few more friends. I will happily tap my friends corn. And I ask that they tap mine. I have Cletus's farm and Channel 6 positioned by my Squidport entrance.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • burlakovdan
    3 posts
    edited December 2013
    I tap corn and sp tile if I see them.
  • ambug666
    54 posts
    edited December 2013
    Louise, I am one of your friends, and I'm afraid that I will go for gift cards as long as they are available. As soon as the Christmas promotion ends, I will go back to tapping on what scant Squidport tiles remain and Corn as is available. Thanks for making it easier for us to tap. My next 5 gift bags are for you.
  • poochiemoo
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    So what happens if the corn is tapped by a friend?
  • 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm more than on schedule to get all the prizes so if I see any of these in a friends town I tap on them.

Merry Christmas :lol:
  • sixxan
    11 posts
    edited December 2013
    if the tree is positioned near tile-farm-ch6-Stage i Always tap those otherwise i go for the cards.
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited December 2013
    ambug666 wrote:
    Louise, I am one of your friends, and I'm afraid that I will go for gift cards as long as they are available. As soon as the Christmas promotion ends, I will go back to tapping on what scant Squidport tiles remain and Corn as is available. Thanks for making it easier for us to tap. My next 5 gift bags are for you.

Hiya, it's no problem at all hence why the brown houses have been thrown up one side and the farm the other. People can choose ... no pressure. I have 100 neighbours some super active others less so. As long as we all get the gifts it's all good.

I will be popping by later :D take care x
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited December 2013
    sixxan wrote:
    if the tree is positioned near tile-farm-ch6-Stage i Always tap those otherwise i go for the cards.

Yeah I agree. If you want items tapped a relocation is a must. It's so easy now with the neighbour jump button to grab and go,

I even did the stupidest thing on earth only yesterday..... Here it is..... I went to my main town from my feeder and only went and clicked 3 buildings instead of my corm (this was before the relocation) however I couldn't believe it pmsl :oops:
  • Auto2112
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I don't get it, what's the difference between tapping the corn as opposed to just tapping a house?
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited December 2013
    Auto2112 wrote:
    I don't get it, what's the difference between tapping the corn as opposed to just tapping a house?

The farm shows a corn picture over the building as opposed to the red gift cards,

If you were to click my corn I would get around 62,000 from it and about 10,000 exp. but you would not get your gift card

Only by tapping houses/building with the cards floating would it pay off if you need cards

Channel 6, squidport, stage and farm. Do not pay out cards (oh and Springfield mall)

There is a glitch for the above where you can stack handshakes, so no rebuild time. They just keep giving as long as you never clear the last handshake

Hope that all makes sense :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!