EA Forums - Banner

Appeal: Please extend/re-release brown house and alternate Homer outfit

Prev1
That sucks! I would have thought it'd stay around a little longer. I got really lucky with bonus items, started playing when when the duff racer came out. I didn't even realise it was a bonus item at the time, it popped up during the initial tutorial tasks. I did think it was a little out of place though.

Replies

• jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    That won't happen. Like Fat Tony, it was a very limited time for it. Maybe in the future they will have it in an update?
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    I think they'll probably re-release it later in the week.
  • ScrappySeconds
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    I missed out too, so yeah, I'm down for this as it was no fault of my own that I missed it :(
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited December 2012
    Good luck. A ton of people couldn't access the game for the week Fat Tony was around and I'm guessing we're out of luck with ever seeing him. It would be nice, but unfortunately don't think it'll happen. Rooting for it though.
  • davidlwaite
    264 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Yup I agree it sucks, but honestly I do not agree that special items like this should be extended. I personally like the limited one day items, to help make rare and unique springfields and to reward daily players.

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Yup I agree it sucks, but honestly I do not agree that special items like this should be extended. I personally like the limited one day items, to help make rare and unique springfields and to reward daily players.

I might agree if the ability to access the game weren't so spotty. The people that are being punished by this policy are not just the occasional (as opposed to daily) players, but also those who are unable to access the game servers for extended periods through no fault of their own.
  • thylacine666
    8 posts
    edited December 2012
    +1 - I play multiple times a day, and the fact I was unable to do so (and missed the update) was through no fault of my own.

That being said, it sounds like many others had the same problem with Fat Tony, which all went fine for me, so looks like even more of us are affected, albeit with different specifics.

I can understand though the idea of limited items, just pretty irritating when you miss one due to circumstances beyond your control.
  • thylacine666
    8 posts
    edited December 2012
    YAY got the Cool Brown House (and I assume Homer's costume appears once that's built).

Apparently there was an update today (I didn't notice as I'd deleted the app to try again seeing if that'd fix the 'Cannot connect to server' issue, so I got all ~30 updates at once when I reinstalled just now), which seems to've fixed it for people having those problems.

I also didn't notice the info that it'd be available for a week, so looks like we never would've missed out anyway, since the 'Cannot connect to server' issues seem fixed (after 4 days).
  • hgfxf
    171 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    There is only one thing I wish they'd give out again. Marges cauldron. My thought is that one years donut one time prizes will be next years cash one time prizes during seasons. That way people who payed donuts get them for a year, and EA gets to reuse the items, giving freshness to people without them without adding anything to the item database.

I would love a group of small cool brown houses though. There are a number of famous architects who created compounds of similar houses.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6308 posts Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Personally I think all "Limited Time" stuff gets retired to make them that much more special. I feel for the people who missed out on the Duff Racecar, Fat Tony, Cool Brown House, Thanksgiving Balloons & the Halloween stuff. But stuff like this happens all the time in other games. I doubt they would re-release any of this stuff. It defeats the purpose of "Limited Time"
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    Personally I think all "Limited Time" stuff gets retired to make them that much more special. I feel for the people who missed out on the Duff Racecar, Fat Tony, Cool Brown House, Thanksgiving Balloons & the Halloween stuff. But stuff like this happens all the time in other games. I doubt they would re-release any of this stuff. It defeats the purpose of "Limited Time"
    I enjoy the limited nature of some items. In the case of the cool brown house, I think they released it early and not for a reasonable amount of time. It seems that the re-released the house tonight.
  • michelleus66
    204 posts
    edited December 2012

So, I guess you were able to get Fat Tony, right?

Some of us (OK, *many* of us) have had our games lost / reset by EA's servers, so to penalize us for something beyond our control is a bit unfair.

I checked to see if my town was restored every day for six weeks, but it wasn't until after the Fat Tony special was given to everyone else.

So, even during this time I was a "daily player", yet never got FT.

The frustrating thing is he shows up in the character lists with the caption "collect them all!"

Well, I'd love to do that if just given the chance.

I guarantee your attitude will change if you miss out on a special item due to server issues or other situations out of your control.
  • michelleus66
    204 posts
    edited December 2012
    hgfxf wrote:
    There is only one thing I wish they'd give out again. Marges cauldron. My thought is that one years donut one time prizes will be next years cash one time prizes during seasons. That way people who payed donuts get them for a year, and EA gets to reuse the items, giving freshness to people without them without adding anything to the item database.

I would love a group of small cool brown houses though. There are a number of famous architects who created compounds of similar houses.

They didn't "give out" Marge's cauldron. We had to pay a lot of donuts to get it. :)

It's too bad the cauldron couldn't be bought by newer players though.

It would have been better if people without Marge could have bought the cauldron and outfit and have them waiting until they could unlock Marge herself.
  • hgfxf
    171 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I thought about getting the cauldron but thought it would get rolled up into storage or just go away when Halloween was over. Played it save, now don't get to play with the witch.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited December 2012
    Sad to say but play every day, if EA will allow you to login, and get what can and if you can't , you won't. I know it sounds like a Dbag trolling statement but for the last 3 months, and forgive my crude sig because I am mad, this is what is the official stance has been. Until it changes I keep my opinion, however crude.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    I think the title needs updated because the thread creator got their wish. The last few posts haven't acknowledged that.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited December 2012
    dromtsul wrote:
    I think the title needs updated because the thread creator got their wish. The last few posts haven't acknowledged that.

And the rest that lost out due to outages?
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    It seems that this last update was the same one they gave out on Friday. I've seen two people confirm it here and one other on another forum.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited December 2012
    dromtsul wrote:
    It seems that this last update was the same one they gave out on Friday. I've seen two people confirm it here and one other on another forum.

And verbal confirmations from peeps who are still ignored mean what to a site that most users do nothing about? Not trolling here but C 'MON. Help out or let the thread die.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited December 2012
    dromtsul wrote:

Other people still haven't been helped
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.