EA Forums - Banner

Sheesh, some people eh?

k8rk8rk8r wrote:
"This friend's town cannot accept more Gift Bags until some are cleared out..."

This is a problem? How do *I* get this problem? In related news, Kungpao214 open your presents so I can unload some more! :mrgreen:
During "the great whacking" some people tried to fill their towns with eggs to cover everything. It could also be a dead town. Has your neighbor collected any gift cards?

Replies

• estunun
    15 posts
    edited December 2013
    I usually delete such a friend. I give them a week or so to clear out space. This time it's gift bags, in the past it's been gremlins, etc. Players often become inactive for a reason or another. If you continuously * out friends like this, you'll have a healthy friend list of active players that are contributing to you and each other.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Yup! DirishB, This means you as well!
  • k8rk8rk8r
    131 posts
    edited December 2013
    It's definitely not a dead town, in fact this neighbor is usually super active. I think he might just be a victim of his own popularity. :wink: I have to say, I wouldn't mind having that affliction, especially this time of year!
  • elly_smile231
    47 posts
    edited December 2013
    k8rk8rk8r wrote:
    "This friend's town cannot accept more Gift Bags until some are cleared out...&.ot;

This is a problem? How do *I* get this problem? In related news, Kungpao214 open your presents so I can unload some more! :mrgreen:
    During "the great whacking" some people tried to fill their towns with eggs to cover everything. It could also be a dead town. Has your neighbor collected any gift cards?

I've come accross this as well... but you cant drop bags if they haven't started the christmas missions... so to them I say Bah Humbug!
  • k8rk8rk8r
    131 posts
    edited December 2013
    k8rk8rk8r wrote:
    "This friend's town cannot accept more Gift Bags until some are cleared out...&.ot;

I've come accross this as well... but you cant drop bags if they haven't started the christmas missions... so to them I say Bah Humbug!

That isn't the case with OT neighbor, but I do have another neighbor that hasn't started the the Christmas tasks yet, which means I can't drop presents, which is a total bummer because I like this neighbor and I'd love to prezzie-him. Oh well. That just means more gift bags for other friends I guess.
  • Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited December 2013
    k8rk8rk8r wrote:
    "This friend's town cannot accept more Gift Bags until some are cleared out..."

He/she is my neighbor and I was able to drop a gift or two yesterday and he/she has been visiting. If I had to guess, I'd say it's the weekend and people have a lot going on so maybe he/she has just been busy with real life. It's also possible that his/her Springfield got visits from a lot of neighbors all at once. I have no idea how many bags we're allowed to accumulate, but I always have a bunch first thing in the morning. I'm in the Boston area, if all my neighbors who are awake when I'm asleep drop gift bags it's entirely possible that they could get the same message at some point.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It may also be time zone issue. If it's someone with 100 friends, and many of the friends are in the USA, but the person him/herself is but not in the USA, you might just be hitting their town shortly before their morning clean-up.

Or it might be a time zone with huge gaps to our west. For instance, When those of us in California get up, we're cleaning up gifts left by our friends/ players on the East Coast, and to our west there aren't players unless you count fishes in the pacific. (Well, except for Australia, which I think is in the pacific, but I failed geography ... ). ;)

Did that make ANY. Sense? Ack.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It doesn't take long to max out on gifts. Less than a day. I wanted to shift my Elf collecting to the morning so I left all the gifts I'd collected that day overnight. By morning, I was getting the notice that no more gifts could be collected.

I'm also one of kungpao214's neighbors and he/she is normally a daily player and a good neighbor.
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    k8rk8rk8r wrote:
    It's definitely not a dead town, in fact this neighbor is usually super active. I think he might just be a victim of his own popularity. :wink: I have to say, I wouldn't mind having that affliction, especially this time of year!

I had the same, with someone who I KNOW is very active...
    Maybe she was a little busy posting in here I think ;-)

But yes, one problem I'd be happy to have :mrgreen:
  • kungpao214
    301 posts
    edited December 2013
    HAHA I can't believe this post is about me and I didn't see it! Goes to show what a snow storm and children's birthday parties will do for your gaming life LMAO. That coupled with the fact that I have lousy memory and have to write EVERYTHING down so unless I had my notepad and pen handy to write who the gift bags belonged to, I wasn't tapping them.

I was just telling K8R through PM that upon finally being able to open up the game late Sunday night EST, I got a message telling me that I was out of space for gifts and to clear em out! Not specific to gift bags though because I get that message on my feeder from an overnight sit with just presents.

I have cool neighbors! Thanks guys/gals!
  • frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I've only run into this with 1 neighbor and I know they are actively playing. I just keep going and check back later. No biggie!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.