EA Forums - Banner

Do you really need 100 friends?

I won every Halloween prize with less than 30 friends. For Xmas I added more friends and I haver less than 50 (and some don't have the update but I can collect my 30 cards and don't "waste" gift bags with them). I already have 11558 cards and the event is only starting :) So it's possible to get all the prizes if you don't have the time (or patience) to visit 100 friends every day.

Yes it's possible to get to 30k tickets without having 100 friends.

It will get you there faster though.

Replies

• firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited December 2013
    Yes, they've made these last 2 events waaaaay easier than Whacking day. You almost literally had to have all 100 and play alllll the time back then. This is much better.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Sure it is possible, but I am going for as many tokens as possible for free, so I have 100 friends, and I visit them all daily. Today I will be getting the last personal prize and then I will get a token for the wheel for every 1000 gift cards, without spending donuts (I may, however, spend donuts towards the end of the event to get all the prizes).
  • thatjenr
    187 posts
    edited December 2013
    You don't. For events like Christmas its easier to complete with more friends. Its also nice to visit other towns to see how they've decorated.
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I like people.

I routinely boot inactive players after holidays and events tho..
  • katdegraff0
    10 posts
    edited December 2013
    I play on a kindle fire. I only have 55 friends including the "other springfield." I was recently informed I had reached my max number of friends. Is this correct or can i do something different to add more friends?
  • fecity99
    10 posts
    edited December 2013
    I play on a kindle fire. I only have 55 friends including the "other springfield." I was recently informed I had reached my max number of friends. Is this correct or can i do something different to add more friends?

odds are the person you were trying to add had reached their max, not you and it gave you that message. Trying to add one at a time, deleting the request that threw the message. you should be able to continue to add up to 100
  • katdegraff0
    10 posts
    edited December 2013
    Thank you! I hadn't thought of that!
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    No. I have 55 or 56 neighbors.... But I spend lots on donuts... I rationalize this by never going to a movie and only eating out about once every two weeks. The game is like crack.
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    No. I have 55 or 56 neighbors.... But I spend lots on donuts... I rationalize this by never going to a movie and only eating out about once every two weeks. The game is like crack.

Amen.. Goodbye college fund! (If I didn't already spend it, on college...)

I have no real vices, so this is my 'money pit' that makes me happy.
  • ryandelpo
    96 posts
    edited December 2013
    Sherri and Terri are not voiced correct? Is Lu Ann? Dunno who to buy..
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited December 2013
    No you don't need a lot of friend unless ur play the free side of the game. I have about 10-12 awesome active players :lol: I'm complete But I did buy a lot to be honest :lol:
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2013

I never go to the movies (except an occasional dollar movie) and never go out for lunch or dinner.
    I also dont smoke, drink, etc.

That saves a ton of money :-)
    My one vice is Blue Bell ice cream which they serve at a local ice cream parlor (and yes..they import the stuff from Texas)
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited December 2013

I never go to the movies (except an occasional dollar movie) and never go out for lunch or dinner.
    I also dont smoke, drink, etc.

That saves a ton of money :-)
    My one vice is Blue Bell ice cream which they serve at a local ice cream parlor (and yes..they import the stuff from Texas)

You can take trips to the bluebell factory and yes they give free ice cream! They give sampling of all new products plus products already available

To the OP,
    Yes you can make it with less than 100 but I'm also a premium spender.
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    We spend over $100 on cable TV. Aside from football and basketball, I think I watch TV maybe an hour a week. I figure spending one-fifth that amount ($20) on donuts per month for TSTO, A creative interactive game I thorOughly enjoy for many many more hours per week is just fine. Plus, this is social, whereas watching TV is not, except for those bonding moments during the games, when my husband and I simultaneously jump from our chairs screaming "Pass interference!!! where's the [very, very bad word] FLAG?!"

And to the OP ... BACK ON TOPIC .. No, you don't need 100 friends. As others have just pointed out,there ARE advantages when you do.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!