EA Forums - Banner

This app is busted

If you can't write here... Perhaps you have a connection problem....

Big-Lebowski.gif

Replies

• st33lcas3
    256 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Since Halloween I have been getting disconnected. It started as just once after I logged in. Then at Thanksgiving it was so often I could not finish the Thanksgiving quest.

Now It's constant. It took me 6 tries to plant my tree. Then after 6 more attempts to collect presents I gave up for the night. This morning I was able to collect a few but have disconnected 5 times and still have not picked up the gifts.

Just writing this I have connected and disconnected 10 times. I still haven't gotten through the text to know what the hell I'm supposed to be doing with all gifts.

I have spent a hundreds on doughnuts trying to get all the extra stuff, only to be knocked out every 15 seconds, so I can't even play.

I'm going to reload and if it's still the same, I'm done with it.

If your getting disconnected in game and here on the forum, it isn't the game, it's your device.

What device are you using?
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited December 2013
    I wonder why you cant collect presents but you were able to spend a hundreds on donuts. Or better yet, why you would buy donuts if you cant play the game. Puzzling
  • firefly-03k
    26 posts
    edited December 2013
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I've connected fine here. While I was typing I kept logging in to the the app on my Ipad and would get disconnected.
    I've been playing for over a year and buy doughnuts regularly. I don't even want to add up how many hundreds I have spent on this game. I have all the premium items that I wanted and a pretty nice Springfield. It sucks that I couldn't finish Thanksgiving and Christmas looks like a bust.

I just reloaded the app, logged in and have been bumped 5 times so far. All I hear are presents dropping. I can click on a couple, or the random minion still on task, then It tells me cannot connect to server and starts over again
  • DieBartDie73
    11 posts
    edited December 2013
    Edit
  • firefly-03k
    26 posts
    edited December 2013
    I get between 3 and 20 seconds of playing time between disconnections. I think reloading the app made it worse.
    It sucks, but what can you do. I enjoy the game but it's unplayable now.
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I've connected fine here. While I was typing I kept logging in to the the app on my Ipad and would get disconnected.
    I've been playing for over a year and buy doughnuts regularly. I don't even want to add up how many hundreds I have spent on this game. I have all the premium items that I wanted and a pretty nice Springfield. It sucks that I couldn't finish Thanksgiving and Christmas looks like a bust.

I just reloaded the app, logged in and have been bumped 5 times so far. All I hear are presents dropping. I can click on a couple, or the random minion still on task, then It tells me cannot connect to server and starts over again
    Delete, reinstall.
  • firefly-03k
    26 posts
    edited December 2013
    Delete, reinstall.

Did that no change
  • CrankyCoder
    35 posts
    edited December 2013
    If you create a new account does the same thing happen? Just curious if it's your device or your account.

Have you tried on a different device? Tried in Bluestacks to see if it works there?
  • firefly-03k
    26 posts
    edited December 2013
    Thanks. I used the default Springfield without log in and it still disconnected but not as often. Signed back into mine and same issue. I'm updating my phone to see if that's any better.
  • CrankyCoder
    35 posts
    edited December 2013
    Thanks. I used the default Springfield without log in and it still disconnected but not as often. Signed back into mine and same issue. I'm updating my phone to see if that's any better.

Well, at least you've eliminated your account as being the issue. Best of luck.
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    try signing in on another device like a friends Ipad or phone then log off and try yours again. its worth a shot
  • Leenan777
    128 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Do you have lots of pending friend requests? Install Origin on your computer and delete them. This might help.
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited December 2013
    Are you using your phones data transfer to play or wifi? and what is the signal strength when playing? I know that when I play and I have less than 2 bars on my wifi signal indicator I get more disconnects.

In my office I sit 3 feet away from my router and never get a disconnect, but as I wander thru the house and the signal weakens I start losing connection..it may be you have a weak signal..
  • firefly-03k
    26 posts
    edited December 2013
    Thanks to everyone for their help. I was able to get back in after delete pending friends. That's another pain in ****, but after an hour I was able to get in and stay online for the first time in over a month.

Poor Lisa still has to catch 7 turkeys.

Again thanks to all for their suggestions. I tried everyone of them until it was working.
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited December 2013
    excellent!! :thumbup:
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Thanks to everyone for their help. I was able to get back in after delete pending friends. That's another pain in ****, but after an hour I was able to get in and stay online for the first time in over a month.

Poor Lisa still has to catch 7 turkeys.

Again thanks to all for their suggestions. I tried everyone of them until it was working.

Hip Hip Hooray.. now show your love and give us Gift bags....... J/k
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.