EA Forums - Banner

New Community Prizes LANDMARKS

Replies

• fizzbin71825
    239 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Has anyone else noticed how fast the counter is moving now?

Last time I looked - which was about 30 second ago - it was around 570/second.
  • cheesypasta1
    698 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Interesting stuff. Has this update already happened or something or is this upcoming?
  • missmoleman
    174 posts
    edited December 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I never really took much notice of what the original starting target was so how much has it dropped?? :?

1st was 450 million. Now 450 million
    2nd was 1 billion. Now 625 million
    3rd was 1.5 billion. Now 800 million
    4th was 2 billion. Now 975 million
    5th was 2.4 billion. Now 1.1 billion

Amazing! Yeah, they want us to get everything, otherwise it really doesn't make any sense to have the prizes. :P We are very active as a community and the prizes are a plus... but not a necessary condition for "community activity" . :)

However, today I only got 8 gift bags, and usually I get around 15-20. Maybe it was just a bad day of shopping.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6390 posts Moderator
    edited December 2013
    That's great. Glad they dropped the amount needed for each one
  • fizzbin71825
    239 posts Member
    edited December 2013

Amazing! Yeah, they want us to get everything, otherwise it really doesn't make any sense to have the prizes. :P We are very active as a community and the prizes are a plus... but not a necessary condition for "community activity" . :)

However, today I only got 8 gift bags, and usually I get around 15-20. Maybe it was just a bad day of shopping.

My thoughts exactly. Why go through the effort of designing & coding the items if the plan is for us not to get them?!
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited December 2013
    So instead of making an unlikely goal EA lowered the requirements?

So Josh and Herd who thought they were going to charge us donuts for the final prizes we failed to get are wrong.

That also disproves the notion of a fake counter. If the counter is fake and they want to give us the prizes, why change the milestones?

I love this post it does many wonderful things. Thanks spanser.

It also proves that Josh was correct that the original numbers were unpossible. And I still think it's rigged but now less obviously so. Any time of day or night, even when most of North America is asleep the counter moves at the same steady pace. If it was reacting to real input it would be more irregular to match bursts of activity. For example on FIFA 14, another EA game, there are more items on the Ultimate Team Market every Wednesday after new cards are released which reflects real time activity by players.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited December 2013
    I think it was always designed to be close to the deadline, but they forgot to carry the 1 when doing the math on a piece of a napkin from Chuck E Cheese, thus the impossible original target numbers. And the number of GBs/second fluctuates many times during the day.

Now - if we get double all Christmas currency on the holiday (and a bit after too, I suspect) that will cause a nice big spike in GBs delivered.

No doubt it fluctuates a lot. Which is why I was surprised at how close it was. Probably just dumb luck.

I did try to account for double time.
  • missmoleman
    174 posts
    edited December 2013

It also proves that Josh was correct that the original numbers were unpossible. And I still think it's rigged but now less obviously so. Any time of day or night, even when most of North America is asleep the counter moves at the same steady pace. If it was reacting to real input it would be more irregular to match bursts of activity. For example on FIFA 14, another EA game, there are more items on the Ultimate Team Market every Wednesday after new cards are released which reflects real time activity by players.

What makes you think that only North Americans play this game?
  • Spenson66
    557 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Has anyone else noticed how fast the counter is moving now?

Last time I looked - which was about 30 second ago - it was around 570/second.

It has been glitching sometimes the server reports 41k GB/s
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited December 2013
    Good Job as always spAndex. :D

I really didn't want to miss the opportunity to get Yes Man. Wanted him for a while.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited December 2013

So Josh and Herd who thought they were going to charge us donuts for the final prizes we failed to get are wrong.

That also disproves the notion of a fake counter. If the counter is fake and they want to give us the prizes, why change the milestones?

Nobody disputed getting all five was possible under the original conditions. It wasn't exactly an earth shattering revelation.

Where Josh was (unsurprisingly) completely mistaken: EA doesn't plan to charge us donuts for the community prizes. This correction tells the entire story.
  • kungpao214
    301 posts
    edited December 2013

6w6U44e.jpg

Damn you! I read that twice! :mrgreen:

Oh and back on point; Thanks for letting us know as always!
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    When I did a super rough calculation last week based on nothing more than a ten minute sample this was the result I posted (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9848203.page#31056872):

Starting Time: 12:44 CST
    Starting Figure: 41,889,992
    Ending Figure: 42,172,880
    Units Collected: 282,888
    Time: 611s
    Units per second : 463
    Seconds until 2014/1/7 12:00:00 CST: 2,243,820
    Double Time Bonus (40 hrs): 66,670,822
    Total Units @ Noon CST 2014/1/7 : 1,147,431,112

I am kinda creeped out by how close this may turn out to be.

I am kinda creeped out by the thought that there's someone out there who has more obsession with this game than I do.

(Awesome data, though. Thanks!) :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited December 2013
    I am kinda creeped out by how close this may turn out to be.

I am kinda creeped out by the thought that there's someone out there who has more obsession with this game than I do.

(Awesome data, though. Thanks!) :)

Welcome! Although it's mostly useless as I just needed to show we would easily clear the first and second hurdle. I was mostly obsessed with proving a point and that was successful.

You should see my town. :-) 3/4s is good...half is a train wreck of indecision.

• PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Great news! :D So is there a chance now for candy cane cooling towers!?
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • Worm32
    39 posts
    edited December 2013

^^^^^^^^ Has a HUGE man crush on Josh. Just admit it buddy. It's almost 2014, we won't judge :wink:
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited December 2013
    Come on spAnser, admit it: Those were the landmarks right from the start, and you only published different numbers on your website originally to see this forum go stark raving mad.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    some of you guys are extremely gracious hey! EA gives us free item after free item + countless hours of entertainment and all some of you do is continue to mock them. They aren't all knowing gods! This notion proves that they want us to get the prizes but at the same time make it a challenge. Yes they encourage spendature, is that a reason to ridicule and abuse them? Whoa it's as if a profit organisation intends to make money for their hard work? Wow. Cut EA and all the developers of this app some slack.

I personally would like to thank them for this wonderful game!
  • katehutson
    544 posts
    edited December 2013
    LoMCbRX.jpg

Ew no thanks. Just take my money ea.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited December 2013
    Worm32 wrote:

^^^^^^^^ Has a HUGE man crush on Josh. Just admit it buddy. It's almost 2014, we won't judge :wink:

He's just so wrong about so many things it became impossible to stay silent!

If he wants to entertain my man-crush then we'll have to work out the details in PMs.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.