EA Forums - Banner

What's the real story?

Harumpf Harumpf!

Replies

• timsullivan245
    36 posts Member
    edited July 2012
    You will be more likely to talk to a unicorn than get a response from a moderator or anyone at EA. The fact they allow this forum up and running with all the complaints and bad experiences is amazing. Most companies use negative feedback as opportunities to prove themselves and increase satisfaction. These people leave this forum up and running as a festering open sore. Never known any company to "not care" as much as this one.
  • GAquik
    9 posts
    edited July 2012
    Mods? Day 2
  • GAquik
    9 posts
    edited July 2012
    Mods? Day 3
  • GAquik
    9 posts
    edited July 2012
    Mods? Day 5
  • GAquik
    9 posts
    edited July 2012
    Mods? Day 6
  • GAquik
    9 posts
    edited July 2012
    Mods? Day 12
  • Sweetlilchick
    5 posts
    edited July 2012
    Looks like they have given up on the forum like they have on the game. Sad, Sad, Sad......
  • Vincefoy
    18 posts
    edited July 2012
    The reason they are keeping this forum up is to keep the complaint to one isolated area instead of posting it all over the Internet. This way it stays away from the other big social medias and video game blogs.
  • cohiba420
    24 posts
    edited July 2012
    Ive been contacted by an EA rep directly (several times by now, actually). They are working on the issue, and have isolated it to some code that is corrupting individual accounts. I was told they have isolated and identified the specific issue, and that a fix is set to be released 'soon'. That was about a week ago, so I'll stay patient for now. :)
  • DIGICAT
    13 posts
    edited July 2012
    On the corruption, i'm partly wondering if it is due to the way the game saves data in the background periodically. On Sprint, their network stinks really bad. What i will notice is in me town of 50+houses, if i hit them too fast, the wait a minute and exit the game (or visit neighbor towns), that when i return only half of my houses have been cleared of money instead of all of them. So i suspect data integrity or performance of background data saving is involved. It was during such a bout of partial saves, that one of my account towns got jumbled. So i wonder if the the background save integrity/performance is related to corruption, i.e. a partial save may be happening and then the wireless network drops and town data gets lost or corrupted.
  • Pochoco
    47 posts
    edited July 2012
    cohiba420 wrote:
    Ive been contacted by an EA rep directly (several times by now, actually). They are working on the issue, and have isolated it to some code that is corrupting individual accounts. I was told they have isolated and identified the specific issue, and that a fix is set to be released 'soon'. That was about a week ago, so I'll stay patient for now. :)

What means "soon" for EA or Origin? That's the scary part of this :shock:
  • cohiba420
    24 posts
    edited July 2012
    based on history of this app... soon likely means 'within a few weeks of some point in the near future'. HA! :D (I wish I knew).
  • mrsimian420
    1 posts
    edited July 2012
    There is no respect from the game developers. Their silence speaks volumes. The constant crashing, the inability to fix simple problems like tasks actually finishing. And on a personal note, I got it the first day it came on the app store, have played it every day, and have not received a donut since they shut down the system for 2 days. My roommate, who plays every 3 or 4 days, has received over 60 donuts in the last 4 week!! No respect!! On top of everything else, EA is tarnishing the Simpsons! Get your act together, or take the whole game off the system, I'm sure mine is not the only patience growing thin.
    And I dare just 1 mod to actually respond to some of these upset players.
  • adansantos
    8 posts
    edited July 2012
    You will be more likely to talk to a unicorn than get a response from a moderator or anyone at EA. The fact they allow this forum up and running with all the complaints and bad experiences is amazing. Most companies use negative feedback as opportunities to prove themselves and increase satisfaction. These people leave this forum up and running as a festering open sore. Never known any company to "not care" as much as this one.

LOL! - Couldn't have put it better!!!
  • KGBWerkZ420
    1 posts
    edited July 2012
    The real story is that EA has outsourced this game to an uneducated work force.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • drats2005
    16 posts
    edited August 2012

Well I remember one company nearly as bad as EA..... Blizzard! Remember the Diablo 3 launch where they robbed people a lot of money for nothing, as people also only could play online, but the server never worked. They still have issues months after the release. The only thing they do, is deleting complaints and negative voices in their forums more efficiently than EA.
    Additional they sold a Collectors Edition of Diablo3, suddenly there where more preorders than they produced and people who had a preorder just got a mail with the notification their order had been cancelled.

So who is worse? EA or Blizzard? Since this game I also will check my games more carefully and avoid EA as much as possible, but at least I was able to see the crap before paying. As I won´t buy any donuts for real money since the game is a stub.
    But Blizzard just ripped off 99$ or more right away for nothing. Maybe EA and Blizzard should merge and than sink together forever...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!