EA Forums - Banner

How does the part 18 giftcard trick work?

Prev13
LtType77 wrote:
Okay i sent one to hide in the treehouse, and i sent all my characters to go look for them, so when they all finish looking it will just let me resend them? Because on the previous parts of the quest it would say done when 12 finished say drink at the bar... So when 12 finish on this quest it wont say 'DONE'? I read the guide and it did not say specifics how to do it...

Thanks

just resend everyone to "hunt for the Simpsons" and just make sure you do not complete Homer and Lisa's 24 task and you can keep resending them

Replies

• LtType77
    642 posts
    edited December 2013
    Okay I see, Thanks
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I intend on fully exploiting this..
  • ajk7796
    123 posts
    edited December 2013
    ok if the hang has done the 12 hour task and you let them all do another task while homer and lisa fishish the 24 hour task. dose it say done when the 24 hours are done with homer and lisa. Then can you do part 19 tiggers.
  • ajk7796
    123 posts
    edited December 2013
    gang not hang
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited December 2013
    It tells you that Homer and Lisa are finished the same way it always does, via the thumbs up. But you are missing the point, you don't need to complete the 24 hour mission at all, you can just keep sending Springfielders on the "Search for the Simpsons" task over and over for the whole Christmas season, getting a huge boost in your giftcards. All you have to do is send Homer and Lisa on their hiding mission by the last Saturday and you'll have to time to get through everything.
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Not sure what 12 hour task you're talking about, because I ain't leaving Step 18 until Lisa and Homer die of old age up there in the tree house, or until I release them. I slid my treehouse waaaay up in the top corner of my Springfield. So I don't accidentally tap those two thumbs-up, because I just sent my 52 eligible Springfielders on their fourth round (8 hour task) and I'm earning over 1,500 gift cards each round, which translates to 4 extra tokens a day just from doing that over and over.

Gotta love EA for putting that task at the top of the task list for almost all of the eligible characters, so I can just cycle through and assign them with no scrolling.

This is fun.

Huge kudos to Brett :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • empathy77
    4149 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    LtType77 wrote:
    Okay i sent one to hide in the treehouse, and i sent all my characters to go look for them, so when they all finish looking it will just let me resend them? Because on the previous parts of the quest it would say done when 12 finished say drink at the bar... So when 12 finish on this quest it wont say 'DONE'? I read the guide and it did not say specifics how to do it...

Thanks

just resend everyone to "hunt for the Simpsons" and just make sure you do not complete Homer and Lisa's 24 task and you can keep resending them

Excellent, thanks Brett
  • ajk7796
    123 posts
    edited December 2013
    i see thank you. Now i see what everyone is talking about.So you can do the task as reguler way or the way everyone saying how to do it. But there task that homer has to so dec 22 thought christmas day.
  • ajk7796
    123 posts
    edited December 2013
    i am just going to do it the reguler way but thank have lot of gift cards
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited December 2013
    Not sure what 12 hour task you're talking about, because I ain't leaving Step 18 until Lisa and Homer die of old age up there in the tree house, or until I release them. I slid my treehouse waaaay up in the top corner of my Springfield. So I don't accidentally tap those two thumbs-up, because I just sent my 52 eligible Springfielders on their fourth round (8 hour task) and I'm earning over 1,500 gift cards each round, which translates to 4 extra tokens a day just from doing that over and over.

Gotta love EA for putting that task at the top of the task list for almost all of the eligible characters, so I can just cycle through and assign them with no scrolling.

This is fun.

How is it extra tokens? I was wondering this since reading the guide.
  • timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited December 2013
    MissGrafin wrote:
    I intend on fully exploiting this..

Me too
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    bncagney wrote:

This is fun.

How is it extra tokens? I was wondering this since reading the guide.

Actually, I should have qualified that. After you earn your top personal prize, which requires reaching 30,000 gift cards, then for every 1,000 cards, you get a free token. A few people are being screwed up over that not working, but that's what SHOULD happen.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited December 2013
    Not sure what 12 hour task you're talking about, because I ain't leaving Step 18 until Lisa and Homer die of old age up there in the tree house, or until I release them.

Just a warning -- there is actually a time-specific Homer task on the 24th. So, for you it's too late, but for everybody, DON'T SEND HOMER ON THE 24 HOUR TASK, because you will have to set him free on the 24th.
  • philX3X
    102 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Exactly, I've sent Homer pretend he's ice-skating while the whole town is looking for him :lol:

I actually have to start my Mr. Plow tasks, now is a good time to have him plow his way out of the mob!
  • lolreallynext
    179 posts
    edited December 2013
    Not sure what 12 hour task you're talking about, because I ain't leaving Step 18 until Lisa and Homer die of old age up there in the tree house, or until I release them.

Just a warning -- there is actually a time-specific Homer task on the 24th. So, for you it's too late, but for everybody, DON'T SEND HOMER ON THE 24 HOUR TASK, because you will have to set him free on the 24th.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ are you talking about?
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited December 2013
    I don't think I should say more beyond that, because people complain about spoilers (even when they are specifically helpful "Don't do this because of this" spoilers), but if you are interested in finding out what Homer is doing on December 24th, check out tstonews, they have all the info there.

Beyond that, it's pretty simple.

There are two tasks; one is to send Homer & Lisa on a 24 hour job, the other is sending all the other Springfielders looking for them. Some people have sent Homer or Homer & Lisa on the 24 hour job and just left the thumbs ups alone, keeping the other task active. But a better solution is to not send them on the 24 hour job at all until January, because you will need at least Homer to be free before then.

Are you still confused?
  • gregbuc350
    198 posts Member
    edited December 2013

THANK YOU!!!!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I was thinking that I wouldn't send them to hide in the treehouse immediately anyway, since I could have them doing other tasks that would earn a few more gift cards, but I don't see anything on tstonews about Homer needing to be free on the 24th.
  • jbas
    11 posts
    edited December 2013
    I understand that once I get to task 18 I can hold off on the 24hr homer/lisa task while sending the rest of springfield looking for them repeatedly on 8hr tasks to rack up cards/spin tokens. Run this game until ~Jan 4th at the latest to finish homer/lisa's pt 18 task and the 12hr pt 19.

My question: do I need to complete part 18 to trigger whatever is going to happen on Xmas eve, or can I wait until the 4th of Jan to complete the questline? NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
  • teamzap17
    303 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    I am totally going to use this. With my hard luck on the wheel, I'll need all the extra spin tokens I can get. :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!