EA Forums - Banner

Unvoiced Characters :/

Prev1
Possibly due to money but I'm certain that there are a few characters in the game that are voiced by the same voice actor yet only a few of the characters in the game have voices. I know for sure that the guy who does Homer's voice does multiple voices as do other voice actors.

Replies

• HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited December 2013
    For a nominal fee I will come to your house and impersonate all non voiced characters when you tap on them.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited December 2013
    Right now it's by contract. The "main" cast is under contract and obligated to provide their voices for this game. The non-main cast members have no such contract. So that is why Milhouse is silent, but Squeaky Voiced Teen is voiced.

You are correct that some actors/actresses do multiple voices, that is why there are many voiced ones. Anyone not currently voiced is not under contract to provide a voice.
  • kevinmoses600
    137 posts
    edited December 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Right now it's by contract. The "main" cast is under contract and obligated to provide their voices for this game. The non-main cast members have no such contract. So that is why Milhouse is silent, but Squeaky Voiced Teen is voiced.

You are correct that some actors/actresses do multiple voices, that is why there are many voiced ones. Anyone not currently voiced is not under contract to provide a voice.

Given that the person who voices Milhouse also voices Rod and Todd Flanders I don't think that's entirely the case about being contractually obligated to do the voices for the game.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:

I'm well aware that only the main cast provide their voice as part of the contract (Harry Shearer, Dan Castellaneta, Hank Azaria, Nancy Cartright, Julie Kavner and Yeardly Smith). I'm suggesting they extend that contract to guest stars as well. It may not seem practical but I'm sure it would make a world of difference to a lot of us on this forum.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:

Given that the person who voices Milhouse also voices Rod and Todd Flanders I don't think that's entirely the case about being contractually obligated to do the voices for the game.
    Actually Todd is voiced by Nancy Cartright (main cast), while Rod is voiced by Pamela Hayden...
  • kevinmoses600
    137 posts
    edited December 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:

Actually Todd is voiced by Nancy Cartright (main cast), while Rod is voiced by Pamela Hayden...

Shucks... Your right on that one. I thought she didn't both the voices of Rod and Todd. I retract my last statement.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:

Shucks... Your right on that one. I thought she didn't both the voices of Rod and Todd. I retract my last statement.
    All good - it's why Todd is voiced but Rod isn't.
  • JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited December 2013
    they have to pay them for every voice they do... so that's why, when it's not needed why have it?

it really doesn't bug me as it's only once a month i really have my volume on.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    they have to pay them for every voice they do... so that's why, when it's not needed why have it?

EA only seem to care about what the players want when they receive complaints... I respect everything about them and the work they've put into this amazing game - constantly giving to players who don't drop a cent, however I would put more donuts forward to get a voice alongside a character as that is part of the entertainment and in retrospect, an expectation of the game itself (as that was how it was introduced - the first unvoiced character was Milhouse I think).
  • Benthebossyo
    139 posts
    edited December 2013

same. i have the sound on sometime but in the end it just gets annoying and repetitive,now if the characters dialogue was actually fully voiced that would be a different story...
  • da_shimmy82
    6 posts
    edited December 2013
    I understand the reasons why they can't have all characters' voices but I agree with conalmcainsh's original post about premium characters, if they are going to make you pay for a character at the very least they should ensure that they have voices!
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited December 2013
    I understand the reasons why they can't have all characters' voices but I agree with conalmcainsh's original post about premium characters, if they are going to make you pay for a character at the very least they should ensure that they have voices!

I guess it has to be the player to search which actor voices a certain character to find out if they will speak. However, some silent characters (like Luann) compensate it with their questline.
  • JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited December 2013

EA only seem to care about what the players want when they receive complaints... I respect everything about them and the work they've put into this amazing game - constantly giving to players who don't drop a cent, however I would put more donuts forward to get a voice alongside a character as that is part of the entertainment and in retrospect, an expectation of the game itself (as that was how it was introduced - the first unvoiced character was Milhouse I think).

i agree with you their... would be a good idea if they were to introduce skins with voices for a premium rate for those who want/need voices. obviously it would also be a brand new skin... but it would get what you want. only for spenders :)
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    LennyAdd wrote:

I guess it has to be the player to search which actor voices a certain character to find out if they will speak. However, some silent characters (like Luann) compensate it with their questline.
    Although some premium unvoiced characters have increasingly dull and repitive questlines so that's not always the case. The twins for example (Sherri and Terri) are unvoiced, overpriced and have a boring questline imo. True that you don't have to make the purchase but if I wanted the character, I at least expect it to be voiced for that price.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited December 2013

ABsolutely agree. How can an unvoiced character even be labbled premium in the first place?
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited December 2013

ABsolutely agree. How can an unvoiced character even be labbled premium in the first place?

By costing donuts, obviously :roll: That seems to be the only difference sometimes; it seems very arbitrary who costs donuts and who doesn't.

• alexanderj234
    75 posts
    edited December 2013
    There are characters that I like that don't have voices. Here is a list :
    Dolph
    Jimbo Jones
    Shauna
    Miss Springfield
    Martin Prince
    Milhouse van Houten
    It's a shame we don't have voices for everyone but, they may only be in one episode like Rex Banner, what is there to quote? But EA are good and probably will come up with voices for all characters eventually. And also, why not allow you to get characters you want but haven't been around that long? I like the Golem and Burns Monster. Just tap on the character in the list and get the quest you need to be able to get them. OR you could just get another opportunity next year along with the new ones!
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited December 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

By costing donuts, obviously :roll: That seems to be the only difference sometimes; it seems very arbitrary who costs donuts and who doesn't.

I meant from an EA point of veiw. It's a rather immoral decision EA arrived at when assigning ever increacing premium rates to incomplete content.
  • lolreallynext
    179 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'd buy more premium items if the town was a virtual 3D land with a 360 view of everything, if the characters opened doors instead of Star Trek beaming into them... Or if we got more video clips to each level, or more episode tie ins and more events... I mean no thanksgiving event? Or New Years? What about MLK day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Easter, mardi gras.. I mean c'mon EA.. What a worthless game I'm addicted to
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    There are characters that I like that don't have voices. Here is a list :
    Dolph
    Jimbo Jones
    Shauna
    Miss Springfield
    Martin Prince
    Milhouse van Houten
    It's a shame we don't have voices for everyone but, they may only be in one episode like Rex Banner, what is there to quote? But EA are good and probably will come up with voices for all characters eventually. And also, why not allow you to get characters you want but haven't been around that long? I like the Golem and Burns Monster. Just tap on the character in the list and get the quest you need to be able to get them. OR you could just get another opportunity next year along with the new ones!
    As others have said before; they could take quotes straight out of the show...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!