Batman Arkham Origins Online

Prev1
Wish it would come to the Wii U :(

Replies

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Wish it would come to the Wii U :(

I told you wii u wouldn't have stuff all titles didnt I?
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I might be getting it for Christmas....and then it's on like Donkey Kong, if Donkey Kong were in fact a vengeful creature of the night.
  • Baekonn
    46 posts
    edited December 2013
    I used to play online, the multiplayer portion feels way too tacked on though. Like it was a last minute decision.
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited December 2013
    I picked it up the other day but haven't started yet - working on Hitman: Absolution still. (Hitman takes me forever because I won't settle for less than Shadow.) I'll probably get into it in the New Year.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited December 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    I might be getting it for Christmas....and then it's on like Donkey Kong, if Donkey Kong were in fact a vengeful creature of the night.

Might be? Is that provided you've been a good boy this year? :lol:

Seriously, PM me your PSN account and I'll add you. :D
    Baekonn wrote:
    I used to play online, the multiplayer portion feels way too tacked on though. Like it was a last minute decision.

I agree with that to an extent. Poor execution of the lobby system is my issue. If you're in Quick Match you need eight players to start the match, which can have you waiting there for 15 minutes at a time. Also sometimes the game freezes upon entering a lobby which really grinds my gears. The online game play itself is actually quite fun I think. Especially if you're playing as the hero because you need to alter your strategies, due to the enemy being unpredictable (in comparison with the AI). The exclusive gadgetry for each team is neat, I thought that was a nice touch. The maps are also unique, and I assume they will release more in time.
    I picked it up the other day but haven't started yet - working on Hitman: Absolution still. (Hitman takes me forever because I won't settle for less than Shadow.) I'll probably get into it in the New Year.

You a trophy hunter? I haven't started Hitman yet, I've been working on God of War and the other Batman titles, along with a sizeable backlog of other games. I like to earn Platinum trophies for games before moving on to the next one. It's the OCD in me. :P
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited December 2013

You a trophy hunter? I haven't started Hitman yet, I've been working on God of War and the other Batman titles, along with a sizeable backlog of other games. I like to earn Platinum trophies for games before moving on to the next one. It's the OCD in me. :P

Sort of. First time around, it's all about getting Shadow/Silent Assassin, then I replay to collect the other trophies. That's the way Hitman is supposed to be played though, right? It's not about running around and shooting, it's about the stealth kill. Not that running around and shooting isn't fun, but there are other games for that. Hitman is about getting away with murder. I don't tend to do it so much with other games, though. Only 47 deserves that much of my time!

Edited to sort out dodgy quoting.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Baekonn
    46 posts
    edited December 2013

Baekonn wrote:

I agree with that to an extent. Poor execution of the lobby system is my issue. If you're in Quick Match you need eight players to start the match, which can have you waiting there for 15 minutes at a time. Also sometimes the game freezes upon entering a lobby which really grinds my gears. The online game play itself is actually quite fun I think. Especially if you're playing as the hero because you need to alter your strategies, due to the enemy being unpredictable (in comparison with the AI). The exclusive gadgetry for each team is neat, I thought that was a nice touch. The maps are also unique, and I assume they will release more in time.

When you play as the convicts, it feels like a poor mans gears of war
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited December 2013
    Baekonn wrote:

Maybe it was my dodgy quoting, but I'm confused :(
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    If people are still on I will for half an hour, no mic but we could get a forum lobby together.
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I might be getting it as well for Christmas :D. I've gotten into the multiier on god of war it was pretty fun lol. So hopefully the batman multi is too.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited December 2013

Sort of. First time around, it's all about getting Shadow/Silent Assassin, then I replay to collect the other trophies. That's the way Hitman is supposed to be played though, right? It's not about running around and shooting, it's about the stealth kill. Not that running around and shooting isn't fun, but there are other games for that. Hitman is about getting away with murder. I don't tend to do it so much with other games, though. Only 47 deserves that much of my time!

Edited to sort out dodgy quoting.

Agree. If I wanna run around and shoot people, I'll play GTA. If I wanna be smart about it and find multiple ways to kill people and get away with it, I'll play Hitman. I have two PSN profiles, one where I pop the game disc in on to check the trophies and see if it's doable, and my proper account where I try get 100%. It's kind of obsessive. :P:lol:
    Baekonn wrote:

foghornx.jpg

Well I say, I say I resent that remark!
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Do people think its a good idea to put down out a account names so we can add each other? Or not because everyone under the sun will add us, ill put mine down if others will. I'd love to play a game with the forum,
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited December 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    Do people think its a good idea to put down out a account names so we can add each other? Or not because everyone under the sun will add us, ill put mine down if others will. I'd love to play a game with the forum,

I think it's a fantastic idea. I'll throw down anytime I'm able to! Unless the Mrs pulls rank and wants to watch TV (sadpanda). Here's my PSN profile.

jay_kay47.png

Anybody who's adding me just mention you're from here.

Btw LOVE the avatar LB!! :D
  • NeiltonSantos11
    1113 posts
    edited December 2013
    #XboxYo :D
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited December 2013
    #XboxYo :D

null_zps3a482866.gif
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:

I think it's a fantastic idea. I'll throw down anytime I'm able to! Unless the Mrs pulls rank and wants to watch TV (sadpanda). Here's my PSN profile.

jay_kay47.png

Anybody who's adding me just mention you're from here.

Btw LOVE the avatar LB!! :D
    Here's mine,it isnt actually update for some reason as i have more than 14 platinums- oh well. if you add please mention the forum and ill accept
    3tC4NRU.jpg
    If you add me I won't be able to talk as my mic has broken, ill eventually get a new one.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited December 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    Here's mine,it isnt actually update for some reason as i have more than 14 platinums- oh well. if you add please mention the forum and ill accept
    3tC4NRU.jpg
    If you add me I won't be able to talk as my mic has broken, ill eventually get a new one.

If you have a free membership with PSNprofiles.com I think it updates every couple of weeks, it's just a few bucks to have it updated more often from memory.

I'll shoot you an invite next time I'm on. :thumbup:
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    3tC4NRU.jpg

If you have a free membership with PSNprofiles.com I think it updates every couple of weeks, it's just a few bucks to have it updated more often from memory.

I'll shoot you an invite next time I'm on. :thumbup:
    Ill be sure to keep an eye out for a request, or ill add you if I'm on before :P
    It's not got the last 5 or 6 games I've played apart from batman: which is a bit wierd :/
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited December 2013
    You have a lot more trophies than me.

null_zps5ee48f35.gif

:P
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    You have a lot more trophies than me.

null_zps5ee48f35.gif

:P
    It's not even counting 340 of them, I never realise I had so many. I blame my friend for giving me her psn plus account details too.
    We share everything but free games every month is actually too much :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!