EA Forums - Banner

My theory about the people finder tool

It's something we've all been crying for forever, but I suspect we'd still be without it if not for all the walk-around tasks included in this update. It is dang near impossible to differentiate between people who are actually off-task, and people who are, say, hunting the Simpsons.
What do you think? Would we have it if it wasn't practically a necessity?
Kind of a pointless question, isn't it? No disrespect but what difference does it make why we got it now that we got it?

Replies

• mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Hunting the Simpsons? I haven't got up to any task like that. But my characters are seeming to wander around pointlessly when I've sent them on the over-eating tasks...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ultimatechick
    236 posts
    edited December 2013
    LuGer33 wrote:
    It's something we've all been crying for forever, but I suspect we'd still be without it if not for all the walk-around tasks included in this update. It is dang near impossible to differentiate between people who are actually off-task, and people who are, say, hunting the Simpsons.
    Kind of a pointless question, isn't it? No disrespect but what difference does it make why we got it now that we got it?

Pointless? No, I wouldn't say so. Some people like to think analytically about the whys and wherefores of things, myself included. I see what I think is an interesting correlation, so I post it. No disrespect intended, but if you want pointless, you should check out any of the 10,000 'why isn't the -insert random premium item here- free?' threads in this forum.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    Hunting the Simpsons? I haven't got up to an task like that. But my characters are seeming to wander around pointlessly when I've sent them on the over-eating tasks...

Lol, same here, it's like they don't know where they want to eat.
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    Hunting the Simpsons? I haven't got up to an task like that. But my characters are seeming to wander around pointlessly when I've sent them on the over-eating tasks...

Lol, same here, it's like they don't know where they want to eat.

I get know how they feel, sometimes :lol:
  • pentewizz
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2013

Who cares? It's much easier now and the software writers get a BRAVO from me--a big, standing ovation BRAVO!! Did you notice the friends visit got easier, too? Another BRAVO! Thanks guys. Keep up the good work! :D
  • mattstreetnz
    10 posts
    edited December 2013
    It's definitely a necessity now that we have plenty of characters and a massive Springfield.

In the beginning it was fine because we got to look around our own town, it was even kinda fun navigating around our designer Springfield and discovering where and what the towns folk were up to.

It's an obvious evolution to the game, and a most welcome one.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It's definitely a necessity now that we have plenty of characters and a massive Springfield.

In the beginning it was fine because we got to look around our own town, it was even kinda fun navigating around our designer Springfield and discovering where and what the towns folk were up to.

It's an obvious evolution to the game, and a most welcome one.

Yeah wel said, it would take me 10/15mins to find them all and set tasks. Only to enter sf later and find I missed ralph or Lisa or someone small anyway, so yeah I love it a definite time saver.
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited December 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    Hunting the Simpsons? I haven't got up to any task like that. But my characters are seeming to wander around pointlessly when I've sent them on the over-eating tasks...

hi neighbour :-)

if you watch closely, they rush from eating place to eating place, disappear inside for a few seconds, then reappear and rush to the next eating place :D

likewise, when you get to looking for the simpsons, they rush from building to building.

I love multiple tasks cos of the pleasure I get from seeing a long line of thumbs ups :wink: This new idea is interesting but a bit of a nightmare when it comes to collecting at the end.
  • just_glyding
    191 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I've thought the same, and since my character locator has stopped working in the last few days, I can tell you it is very VERY difficult to function without it in certain tasks.

Back to the old strategy of only tapping one person off a task and immediately putting them back on.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited December 2013
    pentewizz wrote:

Who cares? It's much easier now and the software writers get a BRAVO from me--a big, standing ovation BRAVO!! Did you notice the friends visit got easier, too? Another BRAVO! Thanks guys. Keep up the good work! :D

Yep bravo, it only took you 18 months EA. Will any other 'good work' be carried out in another year and a half?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.