EA Forums - Banner

[Potential Glitch] How to get multiple spins out of one wheel of despair coin.

Clever, but not exiting properly on my phone (by using back and the exit dialog) sometimes causes my Tapped Out to bug out and need to be reinstalled.

Replies

• ArminsFrozenPeas
    136 posts
    edited December 2013
    What phone? I've been using a Kindle Fire HD and an HTC One, had no problems on either since I regularly accidentally hit the home button on the latter anyway.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    It seems like a risky and long task to achieve very little. Aren't you going to hit the marks and receive plenty of free coins? We're not lost for time yet.
  • ajk7796
    123 posts
    edited December 2013
    just
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I would hate to mess up my save game file somehow doing this and lose something.
    Its a nice idea, however, I'm doing ok on spins. I got 1 out of 3 prizes I wanted so I
    just have 2 prizes to go and its not even christmas yet :-)

• kevwha22
    501 posts
    edited December 2013
    It seems like a risky and long task to achieve very little. Aren't you going to hit the marks and receive plenty of free coins? We're not lost for time yet.

I would hope man, but I have bought more spins that I would have received for free and haven't got any of the buildings or the yeti :(
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited December 2013
    Considering how easy those coins are to get once you're oast 30,000 gift cards, this sounds like something that's just completely not worth bothering...
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    kevwha22 wrote:

I would hope man, but I have bought more spins that I would have received for free and haven't got any of the buildings or the yeti :(
    The wheel is a heartless fiend.
  • marco_rosa833
    366 posts
    edited December 2013
    What phone? I've been using a Kindle Fire HD and an HTC One, had no problems on either since I regularly accidentally hit the home button on the latter anyway.
    An old HTC EVO 3D on Android 4.0. Like 97% of the time hitting Home is okay; but, ~3% of the time it will make your game no longer able to get past the Gracie Films splash screen.

Because it doesn't happen extremely commonly, I didn't notice that exiting improperly was the cause of my problems for a while. Of course, if the app happens to crash while its trying to save, that automatically forces you to have to re-install; but, that only happens like once in a while.
  • buenahonda37
    20 posts
    edited December 2013
    I think I will go out and buy 6 Kindle Fires so I can try this. I will get that Marge Snowman at ANY cost!
  • ayyezajac
    138 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Agree with a previous poster about once you get over 30,000.. just doesn't seem like it's worth the effort. I do hope this helps anyone who needs it though.
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited December 2013
    I tested to see if it works with just two by alternating between them but the moment you boot up the first unsynced game you'll be right back on th wheel screen with the prize you won on that spin.

Did you try force quitting the "first unsynced game" before you re-loaded it? It sounds like maybe that would work.
  • carlamarie669
    140 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    The wheel seems to work on `the more you spin the more you win` basis... I spent a fair bit on donuts but have got everything off the wheel, there's only cards and cash left now so I'm not worried about spin tokens anymore. I probably spent about 200 donuts on the wheel alone - but for all the buildings, lights, skins and the yetti... I think that's a great deal!...

Merry Christmas
    and
    Happy spinning!

:wink:
  • ArminsFrozenPeas
    136 posts
    edited December 2013
    I tested to see if it works with just two by alternating between them but the moment you boot up the first unsynced game you'll be right back on th wheel screen with the prize you won on that spin.

Did you try force quitting the "first unsynced game" before you re-loaded it? It sounds like maybe that would work.

I didn't, good idea. I have to wait until I can do the neighbour rounds later this evening before I can test on a new coin, maybe someone else will chime in before then though.

I don't know why so many people are poo-pooing this, the forum has been littered with people complaining about wasting donuts on the wheel or asking if there's a way to beat it so I just thought I'd float an idea to help those guys. It's hardly a taxing method.
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited December 2013
    I think people still want to believe that they can get everything without majorly gaming the system. I kind of hope so too. To be honest, I'm probably not going to do your method at this time; when it gets closer, if I really need to milk every coin, I'll definitely give it a shot. But I appreciate that you wanted to tell people about it.

And if the force quit works, essentially making it so that you can just re-spin over and over until you get what you want, I think that sounds like it would be less work than collecting thousands of giftcards every day.
  • cs307
    39 posts
    edited December 2013
    Try this with the buddha.
  • lolreallynext
    186 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I think I will go out and buy 6 Kindle Fires so I can try this. I will get that Marge Snowman at ANY cost!

why not 5$ worth of donuts in the premium menu, instead of thousands on tablets
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.