EA Forums - Banner

Stage Quotes

Are these sound clips or text bubbles?

Either way these are indeed a new feature. I'll have to try out all characters now.

Nice job

Replies

• dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited December 2013
    Okay, once all my little Springfieldians are finished shopping I'm going to have to try that out. I often have the sound off so I might have just missed it but I doubt it.
  • NeiltonSantos11
    1113 posts
    edited December 2013
    Yeah you can now hear them performing
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Sound clips, I was super surprised to hear it as I clicked on it by accident. Krusty just happened to be free as apparently he is a pacifist and doesn't agree with the Simpson hunt. I'd pull him off task and try Willie etc. but they're all busy. Anyone want to try the other characters?
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6390 posts Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I can't get into my game now to see. Having maintenance issues atm. I would definitely try if I could
  • calebtbrooks
    107 posts
    edited December 2013
    Each quote is preceded and accompanied by a strange buzzing sound that sounds like it was recorded next to a film reel or something.

This buzz sound can be heard in almost all of the sound bites in the game.. It's a distortion of some kind, that has been created at their end, knowing that our phone speakers are not distorting the sound..

If you want to hear it, wait until your background music has stopped playing... then collect some income and you'll hear it
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Each quote is preceded and accompanied by a strange buzzing sound that sounds like it was recorded next to a film reel or something.

This buzz sound can be heard in almost all of the sound bites in the game.. It's a distortion of some kind, that has been created at their end, knowing that our phone speakers are not distorting the sound..

If you want to hear it, wait until your background music has stopped playing... then collect some income and you'll hear it

I've never heard that buzzing on my game before, this was the first time I'd heard the quotes and the buzzing and my music is always turned off (SFX on of course).
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited December 2013
    The sound I hear is the winter wind sound you get when you first log in.
    Krusty was the only one free just now so in three hours I'll volunteer to get the sound bites for the pin pals.

Edit: Doh, that should be Be Sharps.
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited December 2013
    A few days ago I noticed Moleman making a wierd, painful noise/grunt I have never heard before. I guess this explains it. I haven't tried any other characters yet.

Edit: I just tested the Skinners and no lines/noises at all, except for the mic sound.
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited December 2013
    DJDK-ec wrote:
    Edit: I just tested the Skinners and no lines/noises at all, except for the mic sound.

Okay, silly question - Did you wait for them to start performing and then tap them? I was a little impatient and kept getting the mic sound with Krusty until I realized he was still working his way there.
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited December 2013
    dgwglenn wrote:
    DJDK-ec wrote:

Okay, silly question - Did you wait for them to start performing and then tap them? I was a little impatient and kept getting the mic sound with Krusty until I realized he was still working his way there.

They have been performing for nearly two hours, when I tapped on the stage. I'll try it again.

Edit: Second try, same result: Only the mic sound and sometimes no noise at all.
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    dgwglenn wrote:
    DJDK-ec wrote:

I did it while he was on stage
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Just sitting here marveling at the idea that here I sit while people from places as diverse as Belgium, Tennessee, Florida, and the UK work together to figure out what's being heard from characters in a pretend computer game.

Awesome. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • calebtbrooks
    107 posts
    edited December 2013
    I read these performance sounds were added during the Christmas update, so it is very new..
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I read these performance sounds were added during the Christmas update, so it is very new..

Glad to hear that I'm not going crazy or becoming incredibly unobservant
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited December 2013
    Just sitting here marveling at the idea that here I sit while people from places as diverse as Belgium, Tennessee, Florida, and the UK work together to figure out what's being heard from characters in a pretend computer game.

Awesome. :)

Don't forget Vancouver Island. It's hard to miss.
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I finally cleared the wheel so I finally tried to see if any of the other characters have quotes/sounds, and....

They do!

When you tap Groundskeeper Willie you can hear him playing "Scotland the Brave"

The Skinner Sisters have a squeaky microphone sound, different to the other microphone noises

Moleman is great. He says: "May I have another?"
    "Feel sorry for me"
    "(groaning and wheezing after being kicked in ****)"

Unfortunately Sideshow Mel just makes that same humming sound he always makes

I haven't tested Lisa yet as she's currently reading fine print but I'm guessing it's just sax music.

Also, Homer and Barney are on task so I haven't tried The Be Sharps yet but I really hope it's "Baby On Board"!

Anyone who has Lisa/Be Sharps free?
  • OzzGasm
    35 posts
    edited January 2014
    You can hear willie playing the bag pipes
  • jkeeney73635
    147 posts
    edited January 2014
    Lisa's only sound is the sax.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.