EA Forums - Banner

This game makes me so weird......

OCD much?) I've spent some time re-organizing my town... And decided to leave it as is, and try to plan a bit better for the future.

Replies

• suekistargazer
    50 posts
    edited December 2013
    This game IS perfect for those with OCD lol There is some kind of satisfaction in building a town just the way you might want it to be. I could spend hours moving fences one by one by one and the time goes by so fast when I am trying to design a certain area of my Springfield. There is order to a real town too if you think about it. I mean, in what world are run down shacks located near high end establishments? I do not get so OCD that I must put all restaurants together or anything like that but, part of me believes in zoning laws...you have your residential areas, business areas and that kind of thing.
  • gloryhorn87
    154 posts
    edited December 2013
    I do that too. Try and keep houses, shops, rich people and he poor in little areas whilst also keeping it to how the real Springfield is.
  • suekistargazer
    50 posts
    edited December 2013
    I do that too. Try and keep houses, shops, rich people and he poor in little areas whilst also keeping it to how the real Springfield is.

It is like that in real life too. The rich areas are never too uncomfortably close to the poorer areas lol. But, never feel too weird. I think you are just doing what everyone does to a certain extent when they decide to play a town building game. Some seem rabid about their town design, others seem to care less about their town's design and more about the game's content...it just depends where people fall in the spectrum.
  • gloryhorn87
    154 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have no farms either. Never understood the fascination. Worse is when I go to people's towns and they are all just there for convenience. Piled next to each other for no fun.
  • suekistargazer
    50 posts
    edited December 2013
    I am not so much obsessed with farms either but, there is a LANDSCAPING quality I love in this game. Like right now I am totally into building a maze in my park using the long hedges...and I am totally into proper bench placement so the tired Springfield folks have a nice quiet place to sit and enjoy some nature away from all that city life. I am even obsessed about LIGHTING in my town. Placing streetlamps so no one is walking home in the dark (mind you the lights do not even work and I am fully aware that there is no night mode in this game...although I so wish there was a day and night Springfield lol).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.