EA Forums - Banner

is mr. plow a premium skin?

Yes, he's premium! So now Homer can stop earning $600 24/hour task

Replies

• MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited December 2013
    bncagney wrote:
    After many days of gift cards, money, and lights I already have I finally got a prize! : :D:D
    I have Homer on pretend to ski while the Springfieders try to find him so I can't try it for awhile. Just curious.

Yes, he earns money at the premium rate.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited December 2013
    Yes, he's premium! So now Homer can stop earning $600 24/hour task

...by twenty seconds. My, my, my.
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited December 2013
    Thanks, that's awesome. So I assume Barney's is too? Hope I can win it . I am going to finish personal prizes today so hope with some extra spins I'll have more luck.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    bncagney wrote:
    Thanks, that's awesome. So I assume Barney's is too? Hope I can win it . I am going to finish personal prizes today so hope with some extra spins I'll have more luck.

No, Barney isn't.
    It's because Mr Plow was a premium character last year- 90 donuts I believe. After all this time I'm actually glad I passed up on him and won him in the wheel this xmas.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Barney last xmas was free (well with last year currency but still. Not premium) so he doesnt have premium pay
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Barney last xmas was free (well with last year currency but still. Not premium) so he doesnt have premium pay

We're discussing Barney in terms of his Plow King skin.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    bncagney wrote:

No, Barney isn't.
    It's because Mr Plow was a premium character last year- 90 donuts I believe. After all this time I'm actually glad I passed up on him and won him in the wheel this xmas.
    I'm actually surprised we haven't had many complaints about ghat, us getting it free when they paid.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    bncagney wrote:

No, Barney isn't.
    I'm actually surprised we haven't had many complaints about ghat, us getting it free when they paid.

Yeah! I haven't seen anything... I would have got him, but I'd just bought Santa Village the previous month and went for the snowmen instead (this was before I was a serious premium player). So it worked out, but it would have irked me otherwise.
  • just_glyding
    191 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    bncagney wrote:

No, Barney isn't.

A lot of the people who paid for him last year were probably the ones who dropped 3-500 donuts on the wheel on day one of the event... So they had bigger things to complain about :lol:
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited December 2013

We're discussing Barney in terms of his Plow King skin.

Right, I knew Barney himself was not as I have him from last year.
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    bncagney wrote:

No, Barney isn't.

Yeah! I haven't seen anything... I would have got him, but I'd just bought Santa Village the previous month and went for the snowmen instead (this was before I was a serious premium player). So it worked out, but it would have irked me otherwise.

Well, he's not really free. You do have to work for him. It would annoy me if they were offering him for in game dollars this year if I had bought him for donuts last year. I mean, some people got him on their first spin, after waiting 24 hours for the egg nog bar to build. But others, like me had to bust their **** to 60,000 GC and 42 spins later, VOILA. I would really rather have been able to buy him. It would have been much less work!
  • PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I didn't complain either, but I bought Lisa snowman last year for percent bonus, and won her this year... But instead of getting double bonus EA removed it completely. Oh we'll.

Btw, I just earned all premiums off the wheel for free, very happy. Have Barney from last year free, this is really special Christmas, great event in my book . 65k cards.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited December 2013
    bncagney wrote:

No, Barney isn't.

They should have shauna for free on the valentine wheel. And the leprechaun on the saint Patrick wheel. I skipped both of them, and have been battling depression ever since due to the regret.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I didn't complain either, but I bought Lisa snowman last year for percent bonus, and won her this year... But instead of getting double bonus EA removed it completely. Oh we'll.

Btw, I just earned all premiums off the wheel for free, very happy. Have Barney from last year free, this is really special Christmas, great event in my book . 65k cards.

Only Homer and Bart were premium snowmen last year.
  • aljimo
    124 posts
    edited December 2013
    No, Barney isn't.

So let me get this straight. Barney is the most expensive premium item, and he doesn't even pay premium rates?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.