EA Forums - Banner

I don't understand

I think a lot of people got to the task and sent them to hide without thinking twice about it, and didn't know the hunters could loop.

Only after the Springfielders finished their first 8hr search did the light bulb come on that they could loop this around.

They probably came onto the forum to confirm, but by then Lisa and Homer were already hiding.

Not everyone reads the forum and spoilers in advance.

Replies

• conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    I think a lot of people got to the task and sent them to hide without thinking.

Only after the Springfields finished their first 8hr search did the light bulb come on that they could loop this around.

They probably came onto the forum to confirm, but by then Lisa and Homer was already hiding.

Not everyone reads the forum and spoilers in advance.
    As I said, many people here are quite smart. Surely they could've worked out the potential of this entire questline. For instance those trying to exploit it fully could've sent say 11/12 people on the group task, claimed, then sent all available characters. It's about thinking.
  • just_glyding
    191 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Well it's clear that there are plenty of those who 'are quite smart' and did figure it out, or read ahead and they are the ones sitting about on the forum telling people they are oh so silly for sending Homer and Lisa in to hide.

Most of the people I've seen who have already hidden them seem to be new members without avatars or sigs, ie non forum regulars who have stumbled in here during the event to learn more.
  • kjamma
    126 posts
    edited December 2013
    I really don't understand this. To all those on the final part with the Simpson's hunt, why? Okay so you want to exploit it as much as possible and I'm doing that as well, what I don't understand is the treehouse part. Obviously that is where they hide and then you are worried about tapping it and therefore completing the task. Wouldn't it be far simpler to not send them to do that task in the first place? Use your brains people (i know a lot of you are quite intellectual), for instance I send Homer and Lisa to pretend to ski instead... That way, there won't be near as many paranoid feeds popping up! It's a win/win.

Frankly, I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize that we could send Springfielders to search for the Simpsons BEFORE sending Lisa and Homer to hide. Although I'd read some of the stuff about maximizing the giftcards posted in the initial walkthrough, I have been away from the forum for a few days so I didn't see others' experiences, and skipping sending Homer/Lisa just didn't occur to me. Since it was a quest and Homer is the first person who pops up in that series of tasks, I just blindly sent him - although I did have the forethought to not send Lisa so that I could draw out the window from 24 to 48 hours or longer.

Because Homer was only a couple hours into his hide task by the time I started reading the forum more thoroughly, I actually ended up storing the treehouse and thus dumped Homer so he has to start his hide task all over again. So, I can keep sending my Springfielders on the search task until the event is almost over, if I want.

I probably won't drag it out that long, though - I'm at almost 80k giftcards and have all the wheel prizes, so I don't need to exploit it in order to get the personal prizes or spin tokens. It's mostly just the bragging rights to be able to say I got over 100k giftcards.

• conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    Well it's clear that there are plenty of those who 'are quite smart' and did figure it out, or read ahead and they are the ones sitting about on the forum telling people they are oh so silly for sending Homer and Lisa in to hide.

Most of the people I've seen who have already hidden them seem to be new members without avatars or sigs, ie non forum regulars who have stumbled in here during the event to learn more.
    Look at my join date...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!