EA Forums - Banner

Should I grow corn?

Prev1
I have been tapping over a year now, and have never grown corn. In my advanced age of 63, I could pass away before the corn would mature.

Replies

• bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited December 2013
    Gary_A_D wrote:
    I have been tapping over a year now, and have never grown corn. In my advanced age of 63, I could pass away before the corn would mature.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • haggis_balls
    187 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Suppose it depends wether you need the experience or not. 3 months is a long wait! I've got about 29 days left on mine but don't think I'd do it again...I guess I just wanted to be able to say I'd done it.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm on my second round. Don't need $ or xp. Just for no good reason
  • darthraven0
    374 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Assuming you have forum members as neighbors and it's still "glitch able" by the time it matures it could make you a lot of money
  • LouiseBradwell
    117 posts
    edited December 2013
    I've done it twice, and at the mo, every time my neighbour taps it i get about 65k and 10k exp (roughly) so if it can still hold multiple taps in 90 days you will be laughing. I have some great neighbours and can get 10 taps a day usually :)
  • truvoo
    59 posts
    edited December 2013
    I joined the Christmas corn grow group that was started here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9683124.page
    Almost there, gonna move the farm next to the gift tree to maximize the glitch.
  • MegaIllusiveMan
    154 posts
    edited December 2013
    I started my Corn when I was about, IDK, level 15? Can't remember... But the Corn payout would give me a lot of Cash, and then I could buy the items and save for later. Raaaight.

I was level 30 something when the Corn finally grew. I needed more money to buy something. Totally not worth it if you're a low level.

But if you aren't and are bored, why the hell not?
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm bored.... Corn growing it is :mrgreen:
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited December 2013
    I say go for it. I had corn but the Holiday update wiped it out, had I known I would of collected the three handshakes I had before updating.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I started my Corn when I was about, IDK, level 15? Can't remember... But the Corn payout would give me a lot of Cash, and then I could buy the items and save for later. Raaaight.

I was level 30 something when the Corn finally grew. I needed more money to buy something. Totally not worth it if you're a low level.

But if you aren't and are bored, why the hell not?

This reason as well as not planning to take advantage of the multi-tap exchanges with neighbors and the heartbreak of accidentally clearing a final tap, are the only good reasons I can think of NOT to grow corn.

90 days is a long wait but once it's done, corn will generate almost 4.5x the amount of cash/XP as moonshine/Ch6 with Arnie Pye/Open Air Stage with Moleman combined and you don't need to spend donuts on Arnie Pye, Moleman or the Open Air stage if you don't already have them.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited December 2013

Good for you! I'm currently on my third crop of corn. With $35M+ in-game cash, I'm at the point in the game now that I like the longer tasks outside events. So I grow corn, do the 2-day Arnie Pie task at Channel 6, send Apu on his seven day shift, etc. The longer the task, the better for me!
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I see a few of my neighbors have grown corn and are collecting taps. I'm curious how quickly they're hitting bonus levels and collecting those free donuts.
  • mbonizzoni303
    51 posts
    edited December 2013

The countdown begins.

I have 61 days left on mine...with good neighbors, its definitely worth it.
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    89 days 11 hrs 22 minutes to go!
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It's worth a try, just to say you did it. I mean that is of course if you have that kind of patience of course :wink:

Edit: Never mind... I should've read the last page to see you already started :oops:
    Gotta stop posting things before I look fully through a thread.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • cameeks78675
    20 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have my corn going right now. I had Marge speeding it up to where it would have been done by Christmas but after the update reset everything I fired her until the Christmas event is over. Would suck to spend all that time and only have it up for a week.
  • Jamie5966
    147 posts
    edited December 2013
    Just started corn this morning. Merry Christmas see you in March. :lol:
  • edited December 2013
    I tap on it for error three months ago, and I let it grow... Then the tap glitch come out... I've earned 2 million with it :) But I don't know if in three months it will still be available, probably EA will fox it... Or maybe no, try!
  • Banky71
    145 posts
    edited December 2013
    I grew corn once. It was finally ready one day before the Christmas update. I went to work and had 2 handshakes and came home did the update and it wiped out the corn so I waited all that time and never got anything. I was sad.

Corn = sad
  • killjoygee173
    59 posts
    edited December 2013
    I only grow corn - except when I have a mission to harvest something else
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!