Prev1
Have a little patience turbo nerd.

It's a video game.

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Lets not forget who we are dealing with here people......EA

Loads and loads of customer complaints y should a update be any different.

All it takes is a click of a button u know they have been making this for weeks and has to have been done for a couple days now.

Disappointed as usual no one should be surpised.

Let's not break out the pitchforks and torches just yet. And at the risk of sounding like an apologist for EA, **if** the schedule slips, it's just as or more likely to have been caused by a problem on Apple's end.
  • Retcon93
    227 posts
    edited December 2012

All it takes is a click of a button u know they have been making this for weeks and has to have been done for a couple days now.

So you post that it's not coming today when all evidence points to the contrary, and the time zone of the place EA is based in has about 10 hours left til it becomes the 6th?

Don't sit there are insult a company when you just don't know how to be patient.
  • ilovetrish
    54 posts
    edited December 2012
    Oh it's coming. And when it does, it's going to come hard. In your face.
  • SirEdgarA
    183 posts
    edited December 2012

It's a video game.

LOL, seriously like we all know it's coming. The guy is a drag never mind him
  • Johnn0shArk
    5 posts
    edited December 2012

So sorry that EA didn't give you a free update for a free game when you wanted it.

I am personally sick of this EA are useless comment and response, I run a review site here in Australia and hence work quite closely with the gaming community and EA Australia. I can tell you, EA are THE most community friendly company in the entire industry. They do all they can to help the community game wise.

So sit down, be patient, and think. If you are this impatient for a release of an update for an EA game, a company which you want to bag out, then you must think they are doing something right. Look how addicted to their game you are.
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited December 2012

Well hello there, Mr. Negative. Say, have you seen Grimey today?

EA would not be hyping with this much date-specific stuff if things weren't ready to go on their end. The day's far from over and if the update will come through the app store like the Halloween one did then they need Apple to hold up their end. Let's throw stones after the update when the game continues to constantly crash.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    ilovetrish wrote:

lol

This forum, once the update hits:

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcitizenmcgeedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F06%2Fsouth-park-randy.jpg%3Fw%3D623%26amp%3Bh%3D460&hmac=2bff92ab93606e17ad7b59d6525c5cce
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    The wait might be worth it.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    thejudd67 wrote:
    <snip> Let's throw stones after the update when the game continues to constantly crash.

Oh mercy, this made me laugh. :lol:
  • panam787
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    Well, I'm starting to think its not EA, but the App Store, I had a pending bejeweled update that just disappeared.
    Lets wait and hope!!
  • hillsymcmlxxvi
    73 posts
    edited December 2012
    In all my years of being a fanboi, I have NEVER seen anything like this, emails don't get answered, no EA rep on these forums, why post a Facebook update saying an update is coming on a set date and then fails to materialise! They are only staying afloat due to the Fifa franchise, that iis all!
  • auris776
    12 posts
    edited December 2012
    Why there's no moderators on this forum when we need? :?
  • bd2751
    18 posts
    edited December 2012
    I love his imagery of some Homer Simpson asleep at his console at EA not noticing the big red button that says "UPDATE" is flashing. He has one job!
  • Toj427
    438 posts Member
    edited December 2012

It's a video game.
    Lmao! Seriously, this forum is cracking me up.
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited December 2012
    In all my years of being a fanboi, I have NEVER seen anything like this, emails don't get answered, no EA rep on these forums, why post a Facebook update saying an update is coming on a set date and then fails to materialise! They are only staying afloat due to the Fifa franchise, that iis all!

EA is headquartered in California where it's still 1:00 PM on the 5th. By their watch there is still plenty of time to get the update out on the day they promised it, and if they holdup is at Apple (also in California) then they still have plenty of time, too. Patience.
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    ilovetrish wrote:

Easily the funniest thing that I've seen all day! Bravo, you win the internets.
  • atomicsuperman
    26 posts
    edited December 2012

Updates have been wonky since 6.0. Hope apple tightens it up in 6.1

I can tell you as a dev though that one you say go the app update only takes a few hours to proliferate

• hillsymcmlxxvi
    73 posts
    edited December 2012
    I understand where you are coming from, it may be 1pm in "Cali" but it's not the 5th of December in Greece, China or Australia, so EA have not fulfilled there end of the bargain for these countries, and with only 2 3/4 hours till the 6th December in the UK, it's not coming, today or tomorrow first thing, EA have no loyalty to their customer base, unanswered emails, no EA rep on these forums, shows they don't give a toss about loyal gamers like most of us on here, who spend parts of our salaries on their in game content!
  • feelin_irie_685
    151 posts
    edited December 2012
    OMG OMG OMG OMG if I don't get an update today I'm definitely gonna relapse!!
    :lol:
  • Retcon93
    227 posts
    edited December 2012
    I understand where you are coming from, it may be 1pm in "Cali" but it's not the 5th of December in Greece, China or Australia, so EA have not fulfilled there end of the bargain for these countries, and with only 2 3/4 hours till the 6th December in the UK, it's not coming, today or tomorrow first thing, EA have no loyalty to their customer base, unanswered emails, no EA rep on these forums, shows they don't give a toss about loyal gamers like most of us on here, who spend parts of our salaries on their in game content!

We do have an EA rep. His name is cshirleyea. He's been for a while, not sure how you've missed him.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.