EA Forums - Banner

New quest line just started!!

Replies

• bellhopbunny
    49 posts
    edited December 2013
    Think it is a good idea to finish the current quest, I'm on part 18. Will it delay my progress with the new stuff?
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Does this mean end of world
    I am afraid it does. Now we have to go dig a hole and crawl into it and wait out the worst of it! :twisted:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • ultimatechick
    236 posts
    edited December 2013
    I was wondering when I'd have to extract them from the treehouse. Now I know. Fortunately I GOT CLAUSCO THIS MORNING, WOO.
  • Jay_Wayne_2
    496 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    jimmyw31 wrote:
    I started this quest line today, and Homer walked out of my town and off the map. If I click the donut in the task bar, it shows a window with the task status as waiting. I can't click on Homer, and if I click the 2 donuts to accelerate the task, it tells me I can't. Anyone else see this?

Edit: Disregard. When I re-entered my SF, Homer is now at Quik e mart shopping for donuts. Weird but fixed.

This same thing happened in my town for Mr. Costington. He started walking off the map and never returning. I was like ****. However, I just stored Costington's building and he came back. I would have freaked out if this happened to Homer but good to know he came back after you logged back in.
  • Jamie5966
    147 posts
    edited December 2013
    So the first task for Homer is 60 minutes? I may wait until tomorrow to start it. At least get two more rounds of hunting for everyone before I finish Homer and Lisa's hiding out task. It's been done for days and I've just been collecting gift cards to win all the prizes on the wheel. I have Helter Skelter, yeti, plow king and Claus co. left to get. I wish I didn't send both at the same time but nothing I can do about it now.

I only have about 60 neighbors right now so if any forum regulars want to send me a neighbor request I can make up some coins there. :mrgreen:
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6344 posts Moderator
    edited December 2013
    It's seems like this 3 parter will release 1 part a day.
  • tyleerxo
    234 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    What will happen if i keep Homer & Lisa in the treehouse? Will i miss anything important with the questline? Will anything happen?

I just don't want to free them yet, i'm getting too many gift cards each day by getting everyone to hunt for them.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11645 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    tyleerxo wrote:
    What will happen if i keep Homer & Lisa in the treehouse? Will i miss anything important with the questline? Will anything happen?

I just don't want to free them yet, i'm getting too many gift cards each day by getting everyone to hunt for them.
    nothin much.
    spoiler alert speculation follows
    part two will be the same tomorrow
    then on xmas eve we ll discover who bought the donuts. Gil. Who will offer them for 25% more (it will not be that if they keep the files as they are. It will be UP TO 25%. Only good one will be boatload).
    Also we will be able to buy grumple for 120 donuts. Not given for free
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Well all I have left on the wheel is Claus Co and Mr. Plow. I reckon I'll put the Springfielders on another round tonight, and then release Homer and Lisa. And I'll keep a keen eye on the forum to see what new info comes up.

Claus Co is a huge building, but I still hope for it. I don't have Barney, so Mr. Plow is a meh for me. So just watch, I'll get the skin but not the building, lol!
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited December 2013
    I only sent Lisa to the treehouse. I've kept homer on other tasks. She's now done. If I free her will the hunting for the Simpsons task still be there since homer hasn't been sent to hide yet?
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    baylensmom wrote:
    I only sent Lisa to the treehouse. I've kept homer on other tasks. She's now done. If I free her will the hunting for the Simpsons task still be there since homer hasn't been sent to hide yet?

I'm speculating at a yes.
    The task certainly won't finish - my Lisa finished hiding yesterday, and has been skating ever since, along with Homer, although he's currently trying to clear snow on the plow quest line, I've not sent him into hiding at all yet.
    Everyone else is blindly running around looking for both of them still, and have been for a couple of days now :-)
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited December 2013
    TT_Degnan wrote:
    baylensmom wrote:

I'm speculating at a yes.
    The task certainly won't finish - my Lisa finished hiding yesterday, and has been skating ever since, along with Homer, although he's currently trying to clear snow on the plow quest line, I've not sent him into hiding at all yet.
    Everyone else is blindly running around looking for both of them still, and have been for a couple of days now :-)
    Awesome! Thank u!
  • kimmie24
    148 posts
    edited December 2013
    tyleerxo wrote:

I tried storing the treehouse with Lisa and Homer already done with their task. I thought since I didn't tap the treehouse I could catch a break on the glitch. WRONG!!!! It ended my task. I have everything on the wheel but the Claus Co. I think this is EA's way to stop people from using the simpson hunt glitch. Sneaky EA.
  • johncolombo
    11567 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Why didn't Homer go to Lard Lad for this quest?

Lard Lad is a premium, not everyone has it. The lard lad we got at Halloween is the first church of lard lad so I assume they just worship donuts there, not sell them, plus if you missed Halloween you missed that. I was going to say Devil donut cart would have been a good choice but then I remember that was a limited item. Why not KEM, everybody has a 60 minute tasks there just about and EA made us buy so many to keep our 5 star ratings, might as well use them. Where I live Krispy Kreme starting running out of steam as they tried to enter our market so we got a bakery and they sell them at KEM, well 7-11's but Pittsburgh actually has a real KEM. Next time I walk by I'll see if they have any donuts.

http://pittsburgh.citysearch.com/profile/601267986/pittsburgh_pa/kwik_e_mart.html

Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • hyperpercussion
    37 posts
    edited December 2013
    kimmie24 wrote:
    tyleerxo wrote:

I think this is EA's way to stop people from using the simpson hunt glitch. Sneaky EA.

1000% that's what this is!
    A fix for the glitch, but since it involves donuts people will do the quest to see what happens...
  • missmoleman
    174 posts
    edited December 2013
    And part 2 has just started for me! :D

(+1 gmt timezone)
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    And part 2 has just started for me! :D

(+1 gmt timezone)

Yup, Homer is currently wandering around all my shops in a desperate attempt to find sugar coated treats...

5 mins from now he'll be giving up, again...
  • wagondriver4
    306 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Part 1 and 2 done. 60 minutes each. Now must wait till Xmas eve I suppose.
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited December 2013
    Finished part 2 too. Now it's just wait until tomorrow to get the Grumple. I am hoping a level 38 update comes this week, or I think I'll just purchase the Grumple instead of the premium item that comes with level 38.
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited December 2013
    Someone please explain the Simpsons hunt glitch, I am only on the part of the Xmas update where Cletus counts his kids for 24 hours, and I'm on my phone at work so I don't really have time to look it up :) I wanna be ready for it
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.