EA Forums - Banner

New quest line just started!!

124Next

Replies

• klw1222
    11 posts
    edited December 2013
    We should get extra doughnuts for knowing who Nelson Baker Hunt is!!!!!!!!
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    kylstrk wrote:
    Someone please explain the Simpsons hunt glitch, I am only on the part of the Xmas update where Cletus counts his kids for 24 hours, and I'm on my phone at work so I don't really have time to look it up :) I wanna be ready for it

It's part 18 of the quest line. Basically all characters except Marge, Bart, Milhouse, Krusty, O'Flannigan, Ralph, Squeaky Voiced Teen and maybe 1 or 2 others cannot do the quest. It gives all characters an 8 hour gift card task, but since it requires Lisa and Homer as part of the quest, either avoiding sending them on it or not clearing the task (not recommended) will allow all characters to continue to "Hunt the Simpsons" for 8 hours for gift cards. So by not sending Lisa and/or Homer, you can have basically your entire town hunting for the Simpsons 3 times a day (if you can manage the schedule). The task doesn't clear until you finish Homer and Lisa's part. So if you just have them Skiing, or you only do Lisa (or only do Homer) all of the townsfolk will still have their 8 hour task. It will disappear if you send both Lisa and Homer and you click on their thumbs up.

Since Homer has this Donut quest starting now, it is best to not start him yet. Basically I had sent them originally, but then decided to store the treehouse to kick them out. I then had Homer Skiing and Lisa too. After that, I sent Lisa to hide and kept Homer out. I already had the townsfolk do the quest at least 6 times at this point. Then I hit Clausco on the wheel on Saturday and sent Homer to wrap it up. Now Homer is done and Lisa was done so the task is now removed.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I don't see the part 18 as a hunt glitch. Its creative use of game mechanics :-)

It has three parts. Send homer, Send lisa, Send out the angry mob. I'm choosing to do the quest. I just have a bad memory and keep forgetting to send homer and lisa out to hide in the treehouse but at least i remember to send out
    the angry mob every 8 hours or so.

I think the wheel of of (mis)fortune is causing my memory to malfunction. Each time I get cash or cards, it makes me forget to finish part 18 :-)

Woo! part 2 of the donut caper has been released :-)
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited December 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    kylstrk wrote:
    Someone please explain the Simpsons hunt glitch, I am only on the part of the Xmas update where Cletus counts his kids for 24 hours, and I'm on my phone at work so I don't really have time to look it up :) I wanna be ready for it

It's part 18 of the quest line. Basically all characters except Marge, Bart, Milhouse, Krusty, O'Flannigan, Ralph, Squeaky Voiced Teen and maybe 1 or 2 others cannot do the quest. It gives all characters an 8 hour gift card task, but since it requires Lisa and Homer as part of the quest, either avoiding sending them on it or not clearing the task (not recommended) will allow all characters to continue to "Hunt the Simpsons" for 8 hours for gift cards. So by not sending Lisa and/or Homer, you can have basically your entire town hunting for the Simpsons 3 times a day (if you can manage the schedule). The task doesn't clear until you finish Homer and Lisa's part. So if you just have them Skiing, or you only do Lisa (or only do Homer) all of the townsfolk will still have their 8 hour task. It will disappear if you send both Lisa and Homer and you click on their thumbs up.

Since Homer has this Donut quest starting now, it is best to not start him yet. Basically I had sent them originally, but then decided to store the treehouse to kick them out. I then had Homer Skiing and Lisa too. After that, I sent Lisa to hide and kept Homer out. I already had the townsfolk do the quest at least 6 times at this point. Then I hit Clausco on the wheel on Saturday and sent Homer to wrap it up. Now Homer is done and Lisa was done so the task is now removed.

Thanks for the explanation :) so I guess it's just a way to get lots of gift cards pretty fast? Seems like visiting friends for 30 gift cards each is the fastest way for me.
  • missmoleman
    174 posts
    edited December 2013
    Grumple is here...

But no donuts or Gil yet!
  • AngusWLee
    88 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have just got the update with Gil and the bonus Donuts!
  • LuGer33x
    152 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    AngusWLee wrote:
    I have just got the update with Gil and the bonus Donuts!
    So is the Gil update the final part of this quest line?
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator
    Xbox Live - The Snake Esq
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.