EA Forums - Banner

Greed has taking over!!

Prev1
I'm not grammer policing you but you may want to edit that bad boy.

Replies

• Alkurian
    75 posts
    edited December 2013
    spitomd wrote:
    It seems that our Springfield friends are holding back gift bags? 2 items so far?! Halloween you can see the number counter fly!! Moving so fast! Why is it that this time around it's slowing down? I dropped all my gift bags all the time! Don't blame your not getting gift bags to drop off to your friend because I always have enough.

Could be the people with hundreds of friends? If that's if then EA needs to fix that! But it's to late.

We won't see all of those items at this rate....that counter is so fearing slow! My title of the post is meant for EA not for tappers! Just want to make that clear.

Its the droprate of the giftbags that is the issue.
    On Christmas its rumored to double, which is why most people are not worried about it.

Halloween counted mass dropped goo(which is gift cards this time around).
    Remember how hard it was to get gremlins? Gift bags are the new them.
    This is why it seems to be going "omg! so sloooowwwww....".

EA saw the error and significantly dropped the goals for the final 4 prizes for this event.
    (A drop from 2.4bil to 1.1bil iirc)
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Some people have said they are saving them to give 5 to every neighbour on Xmas.

Also I think that the value of them doubles at Xmas or we get double the gift bags.

Something like that but not sure
  • coathang3r
    24 posts
    edited December 2013
    We'll make it with days to spare. http://tstonews.com/xmas-2013/
  • lauraparr82
    178 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Also, according to spAnser's counter, we will get the final prize in 10 days time at the current rate. That puts us getting it on January 2nd, 5 days before the event end.
  • ollyt1985866
    109 posts
    edited December 2013
    is it just me that can't see spAnser's counter properly?

The times are displayed, but just completely wrong... for me it's saying it's still 7 days to get santa's workshop (which we got the other day...)
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited December 2013
    RE: doubled bags on Christmas...I'm sure the devs have taken this into account, especially after having run a similar event last Christmas, but I'd expect the total number of players and amount of time spent playing to drop significantly over the next two days while people are having their holiday get-togethers and whatnot. I was thinking maybe that was reason enough to double up on Christmas: to fill the gap left by absent players.

• Alkurian
    75 posts
    edited December 2013

The times are displayed, but just completely wrong... for me it's saying it's still 7 days to get santa's workshop (which we got the other day...)

no, looks like that to me too
  • lauraparr82
    178 posts Member
    edited December 2013

It's working correctly for me, it's 2 days to get Ebenezer Burns, 7 days to get Yes Man, and 10 to get the cooling towers.
  • ollyt1985866
    109 posts
    edited December 2013

It's working correctly for me, it's 2 days to get Ebenezer Burns, 7 days to get Yes Man, and 10 to get the cooling towers.

That's strange... it seems that some of us can see it properly and others can't...
    Gonna try it in a different browser and see if that helps.

...and thanks for letting me know the dates :)
  • shootout4
    158 posts
    edited December 2013

I see it as well. Hopefully he reads this sometime and can figure out whats wrong.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Why is everyone so concerned about this?

Play the game and we get them or we don't

I am just playing with the assumption that we will get them. If we don't get everything there is nothing we can do about it as long as we gave away all the gift bags we got.
  • lauraparr82
    178 posts Member
    edited December 2013

That's strange... it seems that some of us can see it properly and others can't...
    Gonna try it in a different browser and see if that helps.

...and thanks for letting me know the dates :)

You're welcome! Maybe try clearing cookies too. That could cause issues.
  • ollyt1985866
    109 posts
    edited December 2013
    So..

In Internet Explorer the times are displayed correctly for me, but a few of the fonts are sized poorly.
    In Maxthon (Ultra Mode) the times are displayed incorrectly, showing we still have 7 days to the last prize. Fonts look ok.
    In Maxthon (Retro Mode) the times just don't display at all.

Maybe spAnser might see this and try to fix it. Either way there's an easy work around, just use IE ;)
  • ebenbane
    188 posts
    edited December 2013
    RE: doubled bags on Christmas...I'm sure the devs have taken this into account, especially after having run a similar event last Christmas, but I'd expect the total number of players and amount of time spent playing to drop significantly over the next two days while people are having their holiday get-togethers and whatnot. I was thinking maybe that was reason enough to double up on Christmas: to fill the gap left by absent players.

Hey look, logic!! :P
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Linguo! No!

linguo2.gif

:wink:
  • Alkurian
    75 posts
    edited December 2013

Ea newest social testing on us to see if tapping addiction outways family/social gatherings/commitments/life.

(shh... they're watching)
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Alkurian wrote:

Ea newest social testing on us to see if tapping addiction outways family/social gatherings/commitments/life.

Speak into the hat, please.

homer-and-apu-picture.png
  • Jamie5966
    147 posts
    edited December 2013
    I seem to be finding less and less gift bags daily in my town. Not meaning neighbors dropping them but accumulating them. I have a few neighbors I like to drop 5 a day but it's starting to get to the point that it's not going to be able to happen. :( I never had a problem like this with gremlins I always had plenty to go around with some to spare when I finished visiting everyone. I've always only had around 50 neighbors never had a problem with events (except wacking day I don't even want to talk about it. :roll: & I was working a lot at the time) but I'm going to fill up my friends list to help this time around.
  • benjaminsamms
    102 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm currently saving up 500 to drop on Christmas Day. Hold on a couple more days neighbors :mrgreen:
  • Alkurian
    75 posts
    edited December 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    Alkurian wrote:

Speak into the hat, please.

homer-and-apu-picture.png

34j90yq.png
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.