EA Forums - Banner

Please explain Simpson Hunt glitch

It's not a glitch. You just either never send Homer and Lisa on their hiding task, or never tap them when they are finished. That way you can constantly send and resend each and every town member on their hunt task -- and get gift cards from each one. Not really a trick, just a sound strategy for making a ton of extra gift cards.

Replies

• suekistargazer
    50 posts
    edited December 2013
    It's not a glitch. You just either never send Homer and Lisa on their hiding task, or never tap them when they are finished. That way you can constantly send and resend each and every town member on their hunt task -- and get gift cards from each one. Not really a trick, just a sound strategy for making a ton of extra gift cards.

I just started this task, so I am still a little confused. I really thought it was a glitch because it is a three part quest and it says that 12 people need to finish the hunt for Simpsons task...yet people just keep sending them over and over? The part I needed clarification on was: Do I click on all the thumbs as all the Springfielders are finishing their hunt? The counter must not be registering the fact that 12 have indeed completed the task? I guess the part that was not too clear for me was how to get more Springfielders to do the task over and over? If I click on 12 thumbs...doesn't that mean that specific portion of the task is over?
  • timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited December 2013
    I sent homer on the "hide" task and left Lisa doing her 6 and 8 hr tasks while I try to acquire all prizes while "hunting".
    Homers been done and did his 2 donut tasks so far.
    I don't know when I should send Lisa to finish up the quest....
    Once I get clause co. I guess.
  • timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited December 2013

I just started this task, so I am still a little confused. I really thought it was a glitch because it is a three part quest and it says that 12 people need to finish the hunt for Simpsons task...yet people just keep sending them over and over? The part I needed clarification on was: Do I click on all the thumbs as all the Springfielders are finishing their hunt? The counter must not be registering the fact that 12 have indeed completed the task? I guess the part that was not too clear for me was how to get more Springfielders to do the task over and over? If I click on 12 thumbs...doesn't that mean that specific portion of the task is over?

No, it's a 3 part quest.
  • suekistargazer
    50 posts
    edited December 2013
    timberwuf wrote:

No, it's a 3 part quest.

Oh, wait...do you mean the other 2 portions of the task need to be done FIRST in order for it to register the fact that 12 have already gone out to hunt for them? I am in the middle of some multiple part quest involving lots of kids going to detention and two teachers hosting detention and as each gets done, their actions are totally being registered (they all have to do these actions multiple times). This is why I saw this "gift card bonanza" as some sort of glitch as opposed to "intended by EA?"
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited December 2013

You do indeed click on all the thumbs, getting 27 cards for each person.
    After you've clicked 12, the 3rd of the 3 parts of the quest will mark as complete.

However, all (well, most, few exceptions) of you characters will still have the 8 hour hunt task as an option, so send them on it again. And again. And again. Repeat until either:
    A) you get fed up, or
    B) you finally send both Homer and Lisa off to hide for a day. (Which will then mark parts 1 and 2 as compete, and finish the whole quest part 18 )

:)
  • suekistargazer
    50 posts
    edited December 2013
    TT_Degnan wrote:

You do indeed click on all the thumbs, getting 27 cards for each person.
    After you've clicked 12, the 3rd of the 3 parts of the quest will mark as complete.

However, all (well, most, few exceptions) of you characters will still have the 8 hour hunt task as an option, so send them on it again. And again. And again. Repeat until either:
    A) you get fed up, or
    B) you finally send both Homer and Lisa off to hide for a day. (Which will then mark parts 1 and 2 as compete, and finish the whole quest part 18)

:)

Thank you SO much! This makes it much clearer for me :D That part of the quest will say "DONE" but, it is more like a "DONE" (hehe, not really) lol
  • timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited December 2013
    No order
  • marco_rosa833
    366 posts
    edited December 2013
    It's not a glitch. It's how the game is supposed to work and has always worked. Why must everything good have to be labeled a "glitch"?
  • suekistargazer
    50 posts
    edited December 2013
    It's not a glitch. It's how the game is supposed to work and has always worked. Why must everything good have to be labeled a "glitch"?

UMMM...I do not think EA meant for it to work like that in order to receive some "unlimited source of gift cards." Every 1000 gift cards accumulated after 30K translates into a coin to spin the wheel. I just have a hard time believing that EA wanted this to happen with this particular task. Every coin a player can earn is one less that they have to buy with donuts. And even in the official walkthrough of the Christmas tasks, the author uses the words "trick" and "exploit." If a person had never come to the forum, they probably would have done the tasks in the order they are listed. They would have sent Homer and Lisa to the treehouse and then the other Springfielders to search for them and then once the player clicked on Homer and Lisa to release them, the entire task would then end.

I guess this might be more of a loophole rather than a glitch if you prefer that word better?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.