EA Forums - Banner

other games like TSTO?

Prev1
I play another tap-and-wait game called Tribez. It's not really based on anything in pop culture, but it's a cute little game, and there's plenty to do; you're eventually developing seven different places. (It has a premium currency, little crystals, but you can get quite a bit for a few dozen of them, and there are lots of opportunities for free crystals. They also offer you sales for triple crystals at least once a month.)

Replies

• tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited December 2013
    Cheers I will check that out :D
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Family guy are releasing a copy of tapped out! Exact same idea, tap and wait! It comes out in 2014. =-O
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Dungeon Keeper
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited December 2013
    I think there's Jurassic park game similar to this one...
  • timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited December 2013
    Family guy are releasing a copy of tapped out! Exact same idea, tap and wait! It comes out in 2014. =-O

That game will consume me
  • philippama998
    739 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    i also know the sponge bob where you have to do bikini bottom. From what i have seen it is the same concept
  • timberwuf
    520 posts
    edited December 2013
    simbass7 wrote:

Not fun.... Trust me.
    And I'm a huuuge Jurassic park fan.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited December 2013
    simbass7 wrote:
    yeah that's pretty awesome :thumbup:
  • benred
    168 posts
    edited December 2013
    i also know the sponge bob where you have to do bikini bottom. From what i have seen it is the same concept

Yes it just cost $3.99 for some odd reason :(
  • Helen0725
    553 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I have a few games that I play while I'm waiting for Simpson's tasks to get done. They're not exactly like Tapped Out, but you do get to build things and they are quite fun. There's a series of games where you can build the Titanic, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral, the Coloseum or the newest one, the Statue of Liberty. The good thing is that the full game only costs 2.99 but after that, there are no in game purchases.

fvmKgMCl.jpg
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Battlenations, which consumed my life until a friend pointed me at TSTO :lol:

Building and resource management elements, with turn based battles thrown in.
    You'll either love it, or hate it...
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    A Spongebob tapped out? Really? What's the name of this game?
  • frimar21
    34 posts
    edited December 2013
    I play to Smurf village and sometime to snoopy's street fair...
    by the way, the initial story of TSTO is clearly referred to the smurfs... ;-)
  • cheesypasta1
    698 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    A Spongebob tapped out? Really? What's the name of this game?

I think it's called SpongeBob Moves In. It's okay but is more in vain of games like Smurf Village there are tasks but not for the characters more like making Krabby Patties at the Krusty Krab and giving to people and sadly that's about it.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Iam playing a wicked NASCAR type one called big time racing I think.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    try
    J6Tl1.gif
  • Snakeyees
    2329 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    timberwuf wrote:
    simbass7 wrote:

Not fun.... Trust me.
    And I'm a huuuge Jurassic park fan.

way to much work Nickel and dime you to death Dinosaurs cost way to much money to make Most things takes days or a week to build. lets not mention after your park gets so big and your doing the code red event taps stop responding in the game and you fail it.
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I think there's still the My Little Pony mobile game out there. Build a city, assign ponies to work at buildings (e.g. make bread, run the spa, make carrot cake. However, it's levelling up is through very repetitive mini games and you eventually hit a point where either you spend money to make it to the next stage or you wait a year. I quit on that because I ran out of space for other games I wanted. Pretty lush graphics though. Think of it as the less cynical but more slower version of TSTO.
  • PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    neuroheart wrote:
    I play another tap-and-wait game called Tribez. It's not really based on anything in pop culture, but it's a cute little game, and there's plenty to do; you're eventually developing seven different places. (It has a premium currency, little crystals, but you can get quite a bit for a few dozen of them, and there are lots of opportunities for free crystals. They also offer you sales for triple crystals at least once a month.)

I played tribez for about a year, all the time :lol: It's a good game, but laggy. The more islands, the more time wasted just looking at loading screens - think 5 krustylands. Plus, resource mgmt becomes mind boggling when you get to higher levels. I stopped playing.

Right now I just play 2 'full time':
    - Simpsons
    - HayDay (level 80 for you other hayday players)

Hayday is still my favorite, it's out of this world :P

When Family Guy comes out, I'll have hard choices to make :shock: I can probably handle 3 at a time....

Edited to say this: if you want to try a new game, in iOS App Store look for top grossing games. This is where others voted with their hard earned $$$. Hayday is now #6, simpsons 8. Candy crush 1. I'm just on level 117 in candy crush, novice really. Didn't even list it in full time, it's just a time waster.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited December 2013
    Planning to cheat on your mistress? Tsk.

I tried other city building games myself, as well, but soon lost interest, so eventually settled on something completely different: Minion Rush, which is basically Temple Run starring the Minions from 'Despicable Me'. Apprently I need my games to star yellow cartoon characters.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!