EA Forums - Banner

Spin or save?

jlenko wrote:
I have everything on the wheel now... so it's all just cash and gift cards. I have 90,000+ gift cards.. so I don't really need any more.. and now I have 35 or so spin coins saved up.

Do I spin and blow them? Or keep saving them up, in hopes that extra coins can be cashed in for something (akin to the reindeer deal last Christmas?)

Whaddya think? What's everyone else doing?
save them
since i don't think you need 1000$ for nothing?

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I've been spinning them because I started building the sunsphere a couple days ago and went a little broke. Yay extra money!
  • just_glyding
    191 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I don't expect we will get anything else from this event.

Other events have had the prizes you earn with event currency, and then extra prizes possible for additional event currency accrued.

In this event, I think the spin tokens after individual prizes are accrued IS the extra prize, as it helps you clear the wheel, which is full of additional prizes over and above the individual and community prizes, something we have never had before.

So with three lots of prizes from this event I'm not expecting anymore.

Having said all that, I'm saving them now I have cleared the wheel, as I can always use them on the last day for cards and cash if nothing pops up.
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited December 2013
    However unlikely, I'd love to see the wheel updated in the last days of the event to replace the cash and gift cards with donuts.
  • thatjenr
    187 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm saving them. EA might surprise us, so they might come in handy. I'll use them at the end of the event and get my $1000 if there's no surprises.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Then the best thing is to save for the last day(s), then spin if no other offer
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have 43 coins at the moment. I don't really expect anything, but I'm not too concerned about $43,000 either.
  • carlamarie669
    140 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I've been saving mine also, I have nearly 50 coins... I wish we could give them to our smaller level neighbours to give them a helping hand. Seems so wasteful if nothing will come of them at the end of the event.

It would be great if we could exchange them for gift bags to give to our neighbours!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It would be great if we could exchange them for gift bags to give to our neighbours!
    It really would. They should have put gift bags on at least one slot of the wheel instead of cards.
  • rashadmacki
    40 posts
    edited December 2013
    I still have the helter shelter to get :(
    When im done im not gonna spin my coins
  • ranabluu
    5 posts
    edited December 2013
    I still have the building left to get and I keep rolling 1000 bucks. I probably will end up not getting it. I am going to just save the coins and just blow them to get the building I currently have a whopping 3.

Well after posting this post and adding some new neighbors I had a total of 4 tokens and I now have two because I finally got the shelter. Yea me. Now I can save the tokens.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Shortyy01
    243 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm saving my coins now just in case because $1000 doesn't really make a difference since I have over 4 million.
  • Don_Have_A_Cow
    495 posts
    edited December 2013
    Spin
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2013

Or even better if we could DROP a token into our neighbor's town. Maybe, for every ten tokens we accrue, we could convert those ten to a single "gift" token that we could drop to someone ... I have neighbors still grinding away at that wheel, and another spin couldn't hurt.

Sigh.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I still have the Yeti left on the wheel. When I complete the wheel I'm going to keep spinning. The coins will likely have no value after the event is over so you might as well spin to try and earn some extra cash.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.