EA Forums - Banner

What's your betting strategy when it comes to Sprinfeild downs?

Prev1
I win a lot betting 5-1.

Replies

• Hendri1992
    285 posts
    edited December 2013
    One time I won 200k, I just bet that one every time. I will win someday again.
  • jaime452
    13 posts
    edited December 2013
    I always pick Drool Brittania. Worked out for a while, then went on a cold streak. I think he's turning it around now though.
  • rwvolture
    1259 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    always bet the long shot. It RARELY wins but when it does PAY DAY
  • lauraparr82
    178 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I always bet the long shot.
  • hotheadharvey
    12 posts
    edited December 2013
    quoth Joshua from WarGames "The only winning move is not to play"

• CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited December 2013
    At first I used to pick one dog and stick to that one. My winnings were decent but didn't last long. Now I bet the highest odds and haven't won but someday I might :lol:
  • TomatoGravy
    76 posts
    edited December 2013
    My strategy is to keep it in storage, and not think about it.
  • butterflyarashi
    38 posts
    edited December 2013
    In the morning I bet the one with the smallest odds, the rest of the day I bet the one with the largest. I win a fair amount of time.
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited December 2013
    I always bet on the 99-1 shot.

Won it not long after getting the building built, then nowt for a long time, then last week won it twice.

FeeFye
  • njbadboy4life
    30 posts
    edited December 2013
    I always bet the 99-1.. haven't won it yet though, hope to win it someday.
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited December 2013
    I always bet the long shot and have won several times.
  • tracydudge118
    154 posts
    edited December 2013
    @ Hotandheavy - the option to "not play" isn't available.

I play the lowest odds and win 90% of the time.
  • Hendri1992
    285 posts
    edited December 2013
    Just won 200k betting on Raised By Wolves :) YEAH!
  • lisaaguiar21
    57 posts
    edited December 2013
    I always pick the 12,000 payout. Whatever one that is. Sometimes I win...sometimes I don't.
  • nubbin71
    236 posts
    edited December 2013
    I read somewhere that no matter the choice of dog you go with, the odds are that you will ultimately lose money in the long run. *shrugs* Some folks have better luck at it, so it can appear opposite, I guess.

Personally, I bet that I will never win, so I never put any money down on it. I prefer to invest my meager funds in property expansions, etc.
  • jfcal2005
    52 posts
    edited December 2013
    I always go for the 99-1
    Won it 3 times already.
    I'm pretty sure that i haven't bet 300 hundred times, probably about 150 times so its a winner for me
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    nubbin71 wrote:
    I read somewhere that no matter the choice of dog you go with, the odds are that you will ultimately lose money in the long run. *shrugs* Some folks have better luck at it, so it can appear opposite, I guess.

Personally, I bet that I will never win, so I never put any money down on it. I prefer to invest my meager funds in property expansions, etc.
    It was like this for awhile, but they've made the odds more favorable at some point in the last 2-3 months. One of the blogs posted the current odds that they pulled from the game files. Doing the math, the payout averages out to $3030 for every $2000 bet regardless of which odds you bet on.

I tested this last month by betting on the 2-1 dog every time and keeping a tally. On 48 bets, I won 30 times. This is close enough to the 50.51% probability in the game files for the 2-1 dog and works out to $3750 per bet.

Since then, I've bet on the 99-1 dog and lost every time. As soon as I recoup my losses by winning once, I'm going back to 2-1.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited December 2013
    always go for the 99-1 since the $2000 it costs to gamble really is nothing to me at the point i'm at in the game.

won it a few times now
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I always go for the second dog on the list, whomever it is. I rarely loose.
  • EvolWayz
    63 posts
    edited December 2013
    I bet Drool Brittaniano matter the odds & have a great deal of money...mind you it is far from a daily or week orrurarnce....but at least once a month, I'll win...I've even one the largest bet 4 time since starting this under a year ago.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.