• PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I agree too! And no outside tasks ... Boo :(
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • WolfyDiesel
    134 posts
    edited December 2013
    It takes a certain appreciation of absurdity to really want the super obscure characters to show up. Or, you know, Abraham Lincoln.
  • WolfyDiesel
    134 posts
    edited December 2013
    At least he's got great voice clips. There is no greater shame than Milhouse being un-voiced.
  • blackeyed5
    79 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    What always made the Simpsons great was the absurdity and the numerous characters. Even though he was only in a few episodes, he made those episodes great. Hence why people like him. Simpsons is a tv show, remember. Not just a game with tasks.
  • Mess911
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    At least he's got great voice clips. There is no greater shame than Milhouse being un-voiced.

Yeah him and Martin too. Did they ever say why? Game work wasn't written into every actor's contracts?

Oh...and I'd love to see Wise Guy aka "Hey Buddy I gotta movie for ya - A Fridge Too Far!"
  • WolfyDiesel
    134 posts
    edited December 2013
    So the woman that does Millhouse also does the voice of Jimbo and of Rod Flanders (but not Todd). Are those characters voiced? I wasn't motivated enough to buy Jimbo.
  • Bhawks2012
    216 posts
    edited December 2013
    Speaking of obscure characters...
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    ...I don't understand why so many players were in such a lather to get him. I can only recall seeing him on the show two or three times, and just doing his one "Eeeeehhhhhyyyyeeeeessss?" bit.

Brandine would be a better new character candidate to me, what with the built-in tasks in the areas of white trash mothering, drinking/doing substances, and soldiering. They could probably justify a weekend bootcamp task for Brandine at Fort Sensible.

So if you LOVE Yes Man, why?

I wouldn't go so far as to say I love the character, but I'm glad we got him. He's an homage to character actor Frank Nelson from "I Love Lucy".

Sure there were other characters I would have preferred, but he was free and he fits in with the Christmas theme because he was, at one point, an employee at Costington's.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    So the woman that does Millhouse also does the voice of Jimbo and of Rod Flanders (but not Todd). Are those characters voiced? I wasn't motivated enough to buy Jimbo.

Nope. Only the characters in the show voiced by the six main cast members of the Simpsons have voices in the game.
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited December 2013
    It takes a certain appreciation of absurdity to really want the super obscure characters to show up. Or, you know, Abraham Lincoln.

Excellent way with words! I get the reason why now.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited December 2013

I'm very happy with his voice clips. :)

Other characters will come. Brandine will come eventually. Maybe bringing some extra crops for the farm, or Cletus' pickup truck. :)
  • nubbin71
    236 posts
    edited December 2013
    Free character with tasks. What's not to love?
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    nubbin71 wrote:
    Free character with tasks. What's not to love?

Lol, Tintins
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6273 posts Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I was surprised he didn't have a task at Costington's
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I was surprised he didn't have a task at Costington's

Yeah, me too. :? It was maybe because mostly everyone that logs in for the next week or so will get Yes Guy, but not everyone might win all the Personal Prizes.

Very annoying.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6273 posts Moderator
    edited December 2013
    True. But if anything, they could always add it as his 6hr job....in the future of course.

By the way, his sound clips are just fantastic

tenth-doctor-fantastic1.gif
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Love how he has taken over the purple house. Has he been there all along and been a hermit? How rude.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Love how he has taken over the purple house. Has he been there all along and been a hermit? How rude.

Yeah, I noticed that :lol:
    True. But if anything, they could always add it as his 6hr job....in the future of course.

That would be good, or a 16h or 20hr task.

I wonder if Costingtons will be available for premium purchase at the end of the event?
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6273 posts Moderator
    edited December 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    I wonder if Costingtons will be available for premium purchase at the end of the event?

Anything is possible. They did add Drederick Tatum/Colosseum, Miss Springfield/Motel & Duff Stadium from Whacking Day for regular purchases. But yet Suzanne/Gingerbread House nor any of the Halloween stuff didn't make it.

By the way, so far I'm lovin' the quest line for Yes Guy. Love the way Homer tries him. Too funny
  • MelDesigner
    647 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I thought I saw him before in one of those old shows like I love Lucy.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!