EA Forums - Banner

New Year's?

I don't think we did... But something would be nice..

Replies

• mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I think we will get nothing. :(
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm expecting a small questline.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    We got a reindeer on Xmas... anyone anticipate getting a little something for New Year's? Maybe, possibly? I have zero idea, just speculating. I can't remember if we got something last year or not.

Maybe I am remembering wrong, but it seemed like we got like 5 donuts last New Year's?

I don't have any pics and haven't searched, but it seemed like we got donuts on the actual days of holidays quite often up until Whacking day. Seems like it was almost always 5 donuts, sometimes maybe more, but it was a nice thing to look forward to as a reward for logging in to Springfield on a holiday. I know we did for Christmas and Valentine's days, and think * Patrick's Day in the past year. Nice way to kick back, the point of holiday, right?

But then starting with the box of fireworks on 4th of July it seems like we are getting in game items now instead. We got that box of fireworks, a wailing wall on Halloween, and the Reindeer on Christmas. We earned a turkey for Thanksgiving. The actual costs of those items are higher, like a 20-50 donut purchase price, but they are items predetermined for you, rather than donuts to bank and decide how to spend yourself. Not sure I like the trade off, even if we are getting a better value, I value my personal freedom. And I know it was not required, but I ended up getting the Halloween cobblestone to build an outline with the wailing wall, just like most of my neighbors did. So that "free" gift from EA was a very convenient way to incite us to spend donuts. Sort of a loss leader, if you will.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.