EA Forums - Banner

Am I the only one that. Can't connect?

I can't connect either. This game is getting worse every day. I can't believe EA's quality control has gotten this bad.

Replies

• motana_k
    1 posts
    edited July 2012
    me too (T______T)..
  • rorech
    2 posts
    edited July 2012
    I also can not login to the game anymore for 3 days. The problem started last Friday. It either crashes or the message can not connect to server appears. I can play a new game without login. That means to me the App on my iPad is not the problem.

@EA: I have paid a lot of money for Donuts. I wanna play! Please fix that as fast as possible. Thank you.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Vincefoy
    18 posts
    edited July 2012
    This game is not even on iTunes yet and it can't handle half of the traffic it's getting with the users it has right now. How is it supposed to survive once it goes up on the ITunes store? I think it might be time to bite the bullet and hire someone who has experience with these tipes of game like Z2Live or beeline interactive. Maybe they can get the job done. This game has too much potential to mess up.
  • rorech
    2 posts
    edited July 2012
    I have fixed it for me. I uninstalled the App and installed it again. Since then I do not have any problems anymore. It seems to me if there was an update but the App did not install it even if it says "Looking for Updates" everytime it starts up.
  • mbernste
    1 posts
    edited July 2012
    Tried that. Didn't work.
  • jbclunie
    1 posts
    edited July 2012
    Can't connect ever since I registered with origin
  • lechiengrand
    13 posts
    edited July 2012
    The connection keeps constantly dropping me. I don't understand why a game like this needs a constant internet connection!?! If the App temporarily can't connect to the EA servers, can't it just keep track of what you've done and sync the next time you log into the game?
  • h1r0ll3r
    5 posts
    edited July 2012
    What a freakin joke. For a company as large as EA, you'd think they'd have some intelligence when planning this stuff out but, clearly, that ain't the case. I get to play the game for about 6-8 seconds before it loses connection. And it keeps losing connection every single time. Great way to fail EA.
  • kbowman672
    4 posts
    edited July 2012
    Me too it's been over 3 days now since I could get in......The thing is I can't get in with my existing account but if you log off and enter as a new player you get right in !!!
  • kbowman672
    4 posts
    edited July 2012
    Five days and counting still can't get in....Starting to believe everyone on here is right about EA and there greed !!! I wonder why I can't get in is it because I have hit level 20 and not spent a dime on this buggy game ? You want people to buy donuts for this game and everyone seams to be getting screwed out of there hard earned money..........but by god if I log in under a new name......I get right in.....hummmm makes you wonder !!!
  • JillJ_194
    2 posts
    edited July 2012
    It's been over a week for me as well, I like this game but it's become such a hassle to play! When they reset everything I had to rebuy buildings and land and they didnt give me enough money so not fair! I hope they don't have to do it again to get it to work, btw my donut count seemed fine but the cash was not! :?
  • DonRawiri
    10 posts Member
    edited July 2012
    It's been over a month for me, a couple of dyas ago they updated the app to version 2.1.0 I hope that means they're actually fixing things...

I don't care if they have to reset the towns or something like that, i want to be able to play and i want access to my donuts
  • timsullivan245
    36 posts Member
    edited July 2012
    I've been out of this game now for 2 or 3 weeks. For the last week, I've been away and not even tried. Just tried a moment ago and still crashes and reverts back to my "desktop" on my iPad when I try to tap to play

Tried the deleting and reinstall a couple of times two weeks ago - no result.

• Tobor2000
    3 posts
    edited July 2012
    It's been 2 days now and I can't connect because of the 'Error: Origin network cannot be reached.'

Frustrating as hell.
  • slumit227
    18 posts
    edited July 2012
    Tobor2000 wrote:
    It's been 2 days now and I can't connect because of the 'Error: Origin network cannot be reached.'

Frustrating as hell.
    It's funny. I'm logged out so when I try to play anonymously it goes right on thru. I try with my backup account and it goes right on thru. But try with my main account? Somehow they just can't be reached or something is supposedly wrong with my connection.
    Something tells me if they just did away with Origin things would go a lot smoother.
  • Shinji-Aden
    1 posts
    edited July 2012
    i have the same problem i log in after i click on Tap to continue i recive the message Cant connect to server. try again later
  • becisgood
    2 posts
    edited July 2012
    MattyJ94 wrote:
    I went onto purchased on my iPhone and scrolled down to tapped out and next to that was a little blue box saying 'update' which seems to have sneaked along... I'm downloading mine now, and hopefully it'll help/work. You guys should try it too, who knows!

EDIT: yep, all systems are a go, loads straight up first time for me now! I hope this is the same for all you guys too, if it works as well

THANKS HEAPS - this totally works on my ipad and now I can play again.... Pity EA didn't notify us of the update!!!
    Thanks again MattyJ94

Try this - it worked for me on iPad. Go into app store and look under purchased - it says update next to the Simpsons app icon.... Good luck everyone
  • tibe32
    1 posts
    edited July 2012
    me too i can't connect
  • Jep061775
    1 posts
    edited August 2012
    I have the same problem. I can play anonymously, but when I login, it can't connect. I have gone to the purchased page in the app store & there is nothing listed.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!