EA Forums - Banner

Redesign

Well I am not on your friend list but islands are hard to pull off and moving everything is a whole lot of work, not sure if it with end up being worth it.

Replies

• Gilby01
    69 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have a neighbour who has alot of water. Now seeing all the characters walking around on the ice looks great. I'd stick with it for a while. It least until the novelty wears off :)
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I like your town because it's different, but if you're bored with it go ahead and move it around.

I don't really see myself doing a major redesign until the snow goes away personally as I find it's a bit more difficult to map everything out when everything's so white.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6250 posts Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Your town is one of my favorites to go look at. I'm gonna miss the unique design of it
  • lyonsek
    103 posts
    edited December 2012
    I haven't visited your town but I think you can never have too much uniqueness. From the comments above I would say keep on being different!
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    MD, you asked for honest opinions... All that water is not my cup of tea, but I enjoy visiting your Springfield for its uniqueness and your arrangement is lovely. Now that the water is frozen over, I like it even more. IMO, creativity is the best part of this game. I say keep it special. Do you!
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited December 2012
    Maybe you shouldn't think of it as a "redesign," but an "evolution." I have a long-term plan for my Springfield, and that ultimately involves moving stuff around. Real cities basically work the same way.
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    mdfriend wrote:
    For those of you that are my friends, I am considering a re-design, ditching my island, water utopia and going more normal with streets and all...should I do it or is my attempt at the island thing worth it? Just the land becomes so much harder to get, but I do like the uniqueness of it.

Please honest opinions

I couldn't ask this question because I do this once a week.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    thank you all for your comments, so I will keep on with my water, island (secretly The Prisoner TV show) based theme, but I do think I am going to still need to figure some things out, nothing too major, but really my concern has been if there is not enough water between the buildings, but it is hard enough doing this with the land at such a premium. I think I just need to figure out a few districts and that will make me happier.

I will say, I love that about this game, the potential to play
  • Wait4lt
    196 posts
    edited December 2012
    rs876 wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:
    For those of you that are my friends, I am considering a re-design, ditching my island, water utopia and going more normal with streets and all...should I do it or is my attempt at the island thing worth it? Just the land becomes so much harder to get, but I do like the uniqueness of it.

Please honest opinions

I couldn't ask this question because I do this once a week.

I'm surprised you have the patience to move and re-arrange everything so many times. I've seen you town change quite a bit. Hats off to you sir.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!