EA Forums - Banner

The pack mentality of Corn... (aka New Year Corn!)

Replies

• kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    woot, woot!

I'm game for the corn friend's bandwagon. After Xmas ends of course.

Trying to come up with a name for my corn. But all I can come up with is "finally popped my corn cherry" and is that rude? I've been playing for over a year and I have never grown corn before. It never seemed logical. But I am liking the not having to check my farm every damn day.
  • ynotbgreen
    64 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I grew corn once, drove me nuts when a planting task came up. I had to stare at that uncompleted moonshine task for like 9 weeks.
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited January 2014
    I have 7 days 17 hours to go! So close yet so far.

Surprisingly, I am 82+ days in and haven't received a single crop task yet.

On the day my corn is ready I will probably spend at least a few hours convincing the friends I have who play this to tap it as much as possible.
  • feve10
    6 posts
    edited January 2014
    is it too late to join? :) My name would be "Aw Shucks" ;)
  • Dynamyta
    26 posts
    edited January 2014
    we are new corn growers... Dynamyta and Florica110565.. we tap on corn, squid and Ch6 ADD US.. :P. 86 DAYS LEFT till corn is rdy
  • amandabog1
    122 posts
    edited January 2014
    kylstrk wrote:
    I have 7 days 17 hours to go! So close yet so far.

Surprisingly, I am 82+ days in and haven't received a single crop task yet.

On the day my corn is ready I will probably spend at least a few hours convincing the friends I have who play this to tap it as much as possible.

The final hours....so exciting!

My corn was ready on Tuesday and Thursday I received my first task to grown Perfection....yeah right.

Happy harvesting!
  • Topher0220
    83 posts
    edited January 2014
    less then 2 hrs. to go!!!! :D
  • amandabog1
    122 posts
    edited January 2014
    Topher0220 wrote:
    less then 2 hrs. to go!!!! :D

Life changing!

I couldn't wait, so I spent 2 donuts to finish early in my final hours. Best 2 donuts ever spent!
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I planted Corn shortly before New Years. I have 43 days left to grow.
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    I'm sorry but the title of this thread is really irritating.

THERE. I had to get that out of my system.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    dgwglenn wrote:
    CoffeeMars wrote:
    dgwglenn wrote:
    CoffeeMars wrote:
    I took a peek & gave Witch Marge the night off.

75 days to go!

Let us know if Witch Marge helps (if you put her back to work). I've discovered what a lot of people who grew Christmas corn found out - Marge only works twice on any crop. 8 hours off of a 90 day task doesn't do much.
    I'll give her a week off and try again. :idea:

Ok so today I put her back to speeding crops. She definitely shaved 4 hours off the first time. I'm waiting for her to be done with the second round. So she definitely speeds up crops once a day waiting to see results on twice. I might send her to do a one hour task after then bring her back to see if it works when the tasks are spaced out

A few of the people doing Christmas corn said they did just that, sent her on another task and then brought her back with some success. It might just have been that by the time they got her back on crop duty it was the next day. Once a day would be a big help. I'm pretty sure that LandofComedy was never able to get her to work more than the once or twice.

PS I suspect we are having the same conversation that this Christmas corn group had but it's buried so far back I'm having trouble finding it.

Yup there were multiple threads on it and mine included plus the horrible response from EA thread I made. It has never got resolved and switching to other task only worked once, atleast for me, other people claimed it never worked. Even though I still keep witch Marge on that task all the time wishing that one day it gets fixed, it still hasn't and continues to go back to original time when it's done. So no it's still doesn't work. Only works once the very first time you put her on the corn task. :roll: :roll:

@Chippers29775

I guess you can add me to the pre-season corn growers list since I started since Thanksgiving time, even though I told myself I would never grow it, but nothing left in the game to do and just let it growing. Only did it to take advantage of the corn glitch/easter egg even though I don't need the money from it, I have over millions. But the xp might be good. :mrgreen: I have 29 days and about 19 hrs left. I guess I'll get my left over turkey corn. :D
  • amandabog1
    122 posts
    edited January 2014
    Yup there were multiple threads on it and mine included plus the horrible response from EA thread I made. It has never got resolved and switching to other task only worked once, atleast for me, other people claimed it never worked. Even though I still keep witch Marge on that task all the time wishing that one day it gets fixed, it still hasn't and continues to go back to original time when it's done. So no it's still doesn't work. Only works once the very first time you put her on the corn task. :roll: :roll:

I didn't put Witch Marge on task to speed up crops until I got closer to being harvested and could watch it to the hour, she did not speed up my crop.

• joeythelemur714
    178 posts
    edited January 2014
    Chippers29775, I finally have a name for my corn, fitting for planting corn in January during our recent deep freeze in the upper midwest.

Polar Vortex Corn!
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    amandabog1 wrote:

I didn't put Witch Marge on task to speed up crops until I got closer to being harvested and could watch it to the hour, she did not speed up my crop.

Has anyone tried using Witch Marge more than once on Triffids or Moonshine?
  • joeythelemur714
    178 posts
    edited January 2014
    madfish86 wrote:
    amandabog1 wrote:

Ha, everyone here is on corn! Otherwise we could try it out. :D

Even if it did work for those shorter ones, it's pretty clear it doesn't for corn. I was excited because it really appeared that it worked for mine, but after reading these threads, I took to writing down the date/time and remaining time for my corn a few times. It was pretty obvious that having Marge speed it up 3-4 times made no difference in the elapsed time. Oh well, will have to be patient!
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    madfish86 wrote:
    amandabog1 wrote:

Even if it did work for those shorter ones, it's pretty clear it doesn't for corn. I was excited because it really appeared that it worked for mine, but after reading these threads, I took to writing down the date/time and remaining time for my corn a few times. It was pretty obvious that having Marge speed it up 3-4 times made no difference in the elapsed time. Oh well, will have to be patient!

I also wrote down date/time a few times when experimenting with Witch Marge on the corn task and, like LandofComedy, it only worked the first time I tried it. If it can be shown that it only works once per task (as opposed to once every 4 hours), then it's not a bug. It's the way it was designed to work.
  • olracuk454
    6 posts
    edited January 2014
    Hi all, not a forum regular but so happy to finally get my Claus Co after 115,000 gift cards I decided to pop in here to celebrate.

I started my corn for the first time just before Christmas - 60 days to go as I type. I read all those "hints" about how to get a gazillion donuts or unlimited money - but I also sometimes believe a Nigerian Prince really does want $1m to rest in my account.

• Jill-D1606
    15 posts
    edited January 2014
    Just got 'harvest triffids' pop up in my task book :roll:

Only 77 days and 16 hours to go........ :shock:
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    madfish86 wrote:
    madfish86 wrote:
    amandabog1 wrote:

I also wrote down date/time a few times when experimenting with Witch Marge on the corn task and, like LandofComedy, it only worked the first time I tried it. If it can be shown that it only works once per task (as opposed to once every 4 hours), then it's not a bug. It's the way it was designed to work.

Honestly I never tired it but but based on someone else on this forum, I forgot who, but they said it worked several times on their moonshine. So I took their word for it and I had my corn up so I couldn't really test it. I for a while thought it was originally to work once like you said and not a bug but since people said it worked more then once on other crops except the corn is when I started to try on the corn and it failed that is when i started thinking it was a bug. But if someone could test it, that would clear up a lot of things, for now.
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited January 2014
    Thanks Land0fComedy and madfish86 for confirming what I had thought had been written in the previous threads. I saw L0C was still trying to use Marge so was hoping something had changed. :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.