EA Forums - Banner

The Wheel is borderline where this game has jumped the shark.

Prev134
mcorway wrote:
(YAY ANOTHER WHEEL TOPIC! Hey wait, maybe there is a billion topics about the stupid wheel FOR A REASON?)

because everyone feels like they are more important than adding to an existing thread?

Replies

  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Can i Have your stuff?

    No really you have Very valid point and i agree with you, but on the other hand nobody made you spend doughnuts nobody broke your arm in anyway or stole your device. You made the purchase yourself knowing the risk associated with it. (not wining)

    Just like i did and i have to live with it i spent $21 on the wheel not as much as some but more than i wanted to for some fluff but in the end i wanted it so i paid for it.


    I wish you the best and i will continue to support the game as much as i can, but i will always remember the sour taste that EA a Greedy Money grubbing corporation has left in my mouth. But i Love the game and the characters just like you do, and its not like there many more choices out there for this type of game from another company.
  • darthraven0
    374 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I am more concerned about how many people will get the happy days reference than I am to see another wheel post.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited January 2014
    I agree. I won't participate in another event that uses this type of mechanic. I have every item that's been available since the time I started playing. I have participated vigorously in every event, visited friends, and have IMO "earned" all of those items. To show the same commitment to this event (sitting at 100k giftcards) yet still possibly not getting all of the rewards simply because of random blind luck just doesn't sit well with me. I really considered not playing anymore because of this, but my hope is that there will be so much negative feedback that they won't do it again. As much as I like this game though, I won't support it anymore if they use this mechanic again.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    I agree. I won't participate in another event that uses this type of mechanic. I have every item that's been available since the time I started playing. I have participated vigorously in every event, visited friends, and have IMO "earned" all of those items.

    How do you earn a prize in a game of chance?
  • lisaseviltwin
    207 posts
    edited January 2014
    I am more concerned about how many people will get the happy days reference than I am to see another wheel post.

    Jumping the Shark has become a "thing," so that there are probably more people who don't know where the term originated than do.

    :thumbup: Here's to you for knowing the origin. 5 points to Gryffindor!

    (Don't know where that came from. . . must be channeling my inner Gandalf, I mean, Dumbledore . . . perhaps some sleep is in order.) :lol:


    *edited for SGN: Self Grammar ****
  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    I agree. I won't participate in another event that uses this type of mechanic. I have every item that's been available since the time I started playing. I have participated vigorously in every event, visited friends, and have IMO "earned" all of those items.

    How do you earn a prize in a game of chance?

    When the game of chance is unfair, you cannot win. How is that hard to understand? Some people have spun the wheel 100 times and have not cleared it. THAT is the problem.

    100 spins should GUARANTEE THAT YOU CLEAR THE WHEEL. Otherwise it's taking advantage of the good players who will continue to try and try and try. It's called BUSINESS ETHICS. Look it up.
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Can i Have your stuff?

    Sure, but for each item I have you have to spin a wheel at the cost of $10 a spin. Send me $10 for each spin. Each spin could land on an item, or possibly 50 cents which I will send back to you
  • glenjamin8
    144 posts
    edited January 2014
    Blah, blah, blah, empty threats.

    I can understand everyone's frustration who hasn't cleared the wheel, but those of you who say you're not going to play the game again, or purchase another donut are only kidding yourselves. Stand up to EA yes, but don't pretend you will. Simple fact is regardless if you fail to clear the wheel or receive any of the items that are left you will still be here participating in the Valentine's update and you will still be spending your hard earned money on a make-believe currency.
  • lordofther542
    90 posts
    edited January 2014
    well said, well said. two thumbs up.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited January 2014
    I've cleared it so I'm lucky but I tend to agree. It's not so much jumped the shark as cleared the school of Orcas too. :wink:
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    mcorway wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    I agree. I won't participate in another event that uses this type of mechanic. I have every item that's been available since the time I started playing. I have participated vigorously in every event, visited friends, and have IMO "earned" all of those items.

    How do you earn a prize in a game of chance?

    When the game of chance is unfair, you cannot win. How is that hard to understand? Some people have spun the wheel 100 times and have not cleared it. THAT is the problem.

    100 spins should GUARANTEE THAT YOU CLEAR THE WHEEL. Otherwise it's taking advantage of the good players who will continue to try and try and try. It's called BUSINESS ETHICS. Look it up.

    You mean people spun 100 times an didn't win a prize with a 1:100 chance? BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

    You "cannot win"? Really??? Because most of us won.

    It's not taking advantage of someone to not give them a free prize. Find me the part in your Ethics textbook that says "If you give away prizes, you must give them away to everyone". By your logic, Oprah owes me a car.

    This forum brings out the absolute worst in people. "look it up", what a pompous fool you've made yourself out to be.
  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited January 2014
    glenjamin8 wrote:
    Blah, blah, blah, empty threats.

    I can understand everyone's frustration who hasn't cleared the wheel, but those of you who say you're not going to play the game again, or purchase another donut are only kidding yourselves. Stand up to EA yes, but don't pretend you will. Simple fact is regardless if you fail to clear the wheel or receive any of the items that are left you will still be here participating in the Valentine's update and you will still be spending your hard earned money on a make-believe currency.

    I clearly state EXACTLY what you said as a NEGATIVE. It is EA's responsibility to ensure they DON'T take advantage of us AND THEY ARE. This wheel is BAD BUSINESS.

    What does 'Stand up to EA yes, but don't pretend you will' even mean? I said I will not spend another donut on the wheel and I intend to keep that promise. I bought spin tokens to increase (apparently decrease) my chances and I got a few thousand useless dollars for my trouble.

    How about you don't stick up for EA? You don't work for them. If we don't make ONE MILLION topics about the wheel they will continue to make NEW wheels each event going forward and keep taking advantage of us.

    It's our job to stand up to EA and say NO. We don't want this wheel.

  • HankScorrpio
    166 posts
    edited January 2014
    I despise threads like this. You act like you deserve everything in the game. At no point have you been forced to buy donuts, at no stage does the wheel depict that you will win everything if you buy donuts. It is a chance game, you are aware of that yourself.
    If I get 6 prizes in 6 spins or 2 prizes in 20 spins, that's just the luck of the spin or there lack of.

    Stop moaning, be mature. Enjoy the game and the continuous content they keep adding regularly. Learn to curb your spending if you don't like the outcome.
    'Yes, nobody HAS to buy donuts but as a GOOD company they should know that their loyal fans WILL buy donuts '

    This summarizes it perfectly, you acknowledge no one has to and yet you moan because people do. EA don't have to give you anything other than what they promise.


    Like the stones once said, You can't always get what you want.
  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    mcorway wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    I agree. I won't participate in another event that uses this type of mechanic. I have every item that's been available since the time I started playing. I have participated vigorously in every event, visited friends, and have IMO "earned" all of those items.

    How do you earn a prize in a game of chance?

    When the game of chance is unfair, you cannot win. How is that hard to understand? Some people have spun the wheel 100 times and have not cleared it. THAT is the problem.

    100 spins should GUARANTEE THAT YOU CLEAR THE WHEEL. Otherwise it's taking advantage of the good players who will continue to try and try and try. It's called BUSINESS ETHICS. Look it up.

    You mean people spun 100 times an didn't win a prize with a 1:100 chance? BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

    You "cannot win"? Really??? Because most of us won.

    It's not taking advantage of someone to not give them a free prize. Find me the part in your Ethics textbook that says "If you give away prizes, you must give them away to everyone". By your logic, Oprah owes me a car.

    This forum brings out the absolute worst in people. "look it up", what a pompous fool you've made yourself out to be.

    When people are spending REAL money to earn spins then yes, I expect at some point I am going to earn all of the prizes because that's just ethical for EA to say 'thank you for supporting us, we appreciate it, here is the Yeti'.

    Don't stick up for EA. I don't get why the lot of you do this. EA made a very bad decision with the wheel and yet here you are pretending to work for them. I am a pompous fool, but I'm not one who will stand up for a company who takes advantage of their long valuable customers and says 'TEE HEE, JUST ONE MORE DONUT AND YOU'LL WIN, WAIT NOPE! HOW ABOUT ONE MORE?'

    The wheel is greed. EA should be ashamed.
  • ollyt1985866
    109 posts
    edited January 2014
    The wheel is essentially like a lottery where you have a chance of winning. Just because you play the lottery for a year and don't win the jackpot, do you have a right to moan about it? Yes if it makes you feel better. Do you have the right to say it's rigged and stupid cause you don't get what you want and slander the company that made it? No. You choose to spin the wheel. It's called 'luck'.

    I think the one thing EA should learn from this is not to introduce games of chance into TSTO because clearly some people can't handle it.
  • stoob0t
    107 posts
    edited January 2014
    It's a game of chance, there is no responsibility on EAs part to make sure you win big every time. That's exactly the same as saying that a casino has a RESPONSIBILITY to make sure that you win $100,000 if you spend $1,000 gambling.

    Ridiculous.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    mcorway wrote:
    When people are spending REAL money to earn spins then yes, I expect at some point I am going to earn all of the prizes because that's just ethical for EA to say 'thank you for supporting us, we appreciate it, here is the Yeti'.

    Don't stick up for EA. I don't get why the lot of you do this. EA made a very bad decision with the wheel and yet here you are pretending to work for them. I am a pompous fool, but I'm not one who will stand up for a company who takes advantage of their long valuable customers and says 'TEE HEE, JUST ONE MORE DONUT AND YOU'LL WIN, WAIT NOPE! HOW ABOUT ONE MORE?'

    The wheel is greed. EA should be ashamed.

    Please stop using the term ethics/ethical. You don't know what that means. I don't stand up for EA, I stand up for what's right, and I call people out when they are so full of their own **** that they have lost touch with reality. So lets address your statements in order:

    Whether you spent donuts on the wheel or not, it is a game of chance, a gamble if you will. No amount of gambling is going to guarantee you a win, whether you support the game or not. Owning a casino does not make your odds any better when you step up to the roulette wheel.

    So you want EA to say "Thanks for your support, here's a free yeti". How about thanks for your support, here are 30 free prizes? But you cant be happy with the 30 prizes you got, you want to claim you are being taken advantage of because you didn't get one.

    You say the wheel was a bad decision, I disagree. It got people to play more, it added a new level of excitement to the game, it got people who lack the time or patience to earn their spins to buy more donuts, and it gave us all numerous free prizes. That is exactly what it was supposed to do, and IMO it did really well.

    Lets face it, the only reason your mad is because you are a "completionist" who has wasted far to much money on this game with compulsory buys. Now a game of chance is going to ruin your "claim to fame" that you have every item the game has offered. You feel as if EA owes it to you because of all the money you spent, and I can totally understand why you feel that way. However, they don't. They don't owe you anything, and anyone who says otherwise has a warped view on commerce. They are not taking into account that you have a mental illness (if your a completionist you have OCD, diagnosed or not) and getting 31 instead of 32 free prizes is going to send you into a rage.

    I believe it is you who is acting greedy, and you who should be ashamed, especially of they way you have been acting within this thread.

    For all further responses from me, please look to the MC Bat Commander in my avatar, he knows what to say.
  • darthraven0
    374 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    "Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding a truth."
    Ludwig Borne

  • lalaland538
    94 posts
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    mcorway wrote:
    When people are spending REAL money to earn spins then yes, I expect at some point I am going to earn all of the prizes because that's just ethical for EA to say 'thank you for supporting us, we appreciate it, here is the Yeti'.

    Don't stick up for EA. I don't get why the lot of you do this. EA made a very bad decision with the wheel and yet here you are pretending to work for them. I am a pompous fool, but I'm not one who will stand up for a company who takes advantage of their long valuable customers and says 'TEE HEE, JUST ONE MORE DONUT AND YOU'LL WIN, WAIT NOPE! HOW ABOUT ONE MORE?'

    The wheel is greed. EA should be ashamed.

    Please stop using the term ethics/ethical. You don't know what that means. I don't stand up for EA, I stand up for what's right, and I call people out when they are so full of their own **** that they have lost touch with reality. So lets address your statements in order:

    Whether you spent donuts on the wheel or not, it is a game of chance, a gamble if you will. No amount of gambling is going to guarantee you a win, whether you support the game or not. Owning a casino does not make your odds any better when you step up to the roulette wheel.

    So you want EA to say "Thanks for your support, here's a free yeti". How about thanks for your support, here are 30 free prizes? But you cant be happy with the 30 prizes you got, you want to claim you are being taken advantage of because you didn't get one.

    You say the wheel was a bad decision, I disagree. It got people to play more, it added a new level of excitement to the game, it got people who lack the time or patience to earn their spins to buy more donuts, and it gave us all numerous free prizes. That is exactly what it was supposed to do, and IMO it did really well.

    Lets face it, the only reason your mad is because you are a "completionist" who has wasted far to much money on this game with compulsory buys. Now a game of chance is going to ruin your "claim to fame" that you have every item the game has offered. You feel as if EA owes it to you because of all the money you spent, and I can totally understand why you feel that way. However, they don't. They don't owe you anything, and anyone who says otherwise has a warped view on commerce. They are not taking into account that you have a mental illness (if your a completionist you have OCD, diagnosed or not) and getting 31 instead of 32 free prizes is going to send you into a rage.

    I believe it is you who is acting greedy, and you who should be ashamed, especially of they way you have been acting within this thread.

    For all further responses from me, please look to the MC Bat Commander in my avatar, he knows what to say.


    BRILLIANTLY STATED!!!

    +1000 :thumbup: :thumbup:

    You might be my new hero!! :-)
  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    mcorway wrote:
    When people are spending REAL money to earn spins then yes, I expect at some point I am going to earn all of the prizes because that's just ethical for EA to say 'thank you for supporting us, we appreciate it, here is the Yeti'.

    Don't stick up for EA. I don't get why the lot of you do this. EA made a very bad decision with the wheel and yet here you are pretending to work for them. I am a pompous fool, but I'm not one who will stand up for a company who takes advantage of their long valuable customers and says 'TEE HEE, JUST ONE MORE DONUT AND YOU'LL WIN, WAIT NOPE! HOW ABOUT ONE MORE?'

    The wheel is greed. EA should be ashamed.

    Please stop using the term ethics/ethical. You don't know what that means. I don't stand up for EA, I stand up for what's right, and I call people out when they are so full of their own **** that they have lost touch with reality. So lets address your statements in order:

    Whether you spent donuts on the wheel or not, it is a game of chance, a gamble if you will. No amount of gambling is going to guarantee you a win, whether you support the game or not. Owning a casino does not make your odds any better when you step up to the roulette wheel.

    So you want EA to say "Thanks for your support, here's a free yeti". How about thanks for your support, here are 30 free prizes? But you cant be happy with the 30 prizes you got, you want to claim you are being taken advantage of because you didn't get one.

    You say the wheel was a bad decision, I disagree. It got people to play more, it added a new level of excitement to the game, it got people who lack the time or patience to earn their spins to buy more donuts, and it gave us all numerous free prizes. That is exactly what it was supposed to do, and IMO it did really well.

    Lets face it, the only reason your mad is because you are a "completionist" who has wasted far to much money on this game with compulsory buys. Now a game of chance is going to ruin your "claim to fame" that you have every item the game has offered. You feel as if EA owes it to you because of all the money you spent, and I can totally understand why you feel that way. However, they don't. They don't owe you anything, and anyone who says otherwise has a warped view on commerce. They are not taking into account that you have a mental illness (if your a completionist you have OCD, diagnosed or not) and getting 31 instead of 32 free prizes is going to send you into a rage.

    I believe it is you who is acting greedy, and you who should be ashamed, especially of they way you have been acting within this thread.

    For all further responses from me, please look to the MC Bat Commander in my avatar, he knows what to say.

    I've lost touch? I think you must have loved your debate class in high school so you frequent Internet forums to simply try to rekindle that lost love.

    Everything I have said has merit and whether you want to dismiss them or not does not change that fact. You have a right to your opinion, as do I which is why I created this topic. I feel that in a game where the subject matter is The Simpsons, EA does have a right to be a good company and let people attain every item fairly.

    You act like people shouldn't want to have every item. That's one of the major reasons this game is popular and addictive. People want everything, so they keep playing and now EA have said, well we will implement a system where only some people can get all the items due to luck (but also bad programming with people landing on items and receiving cash, or spins going the wrong way etc.)

    The way you argue is flawed because I don't disagree with you. I WANT ALL THE ITEMS and I feel like because I spend money supporting this game, and constantly playing it they should allow me a way to do that. Letting it fall on luck DOES NOT AGREE WITH ME and I have all the right to say that. That is MY OPINION.

    Oh, and you do stand up for EA. No matter how you want to sing it, you are wrong. You are defending the wheel, and by doing that - standing up for EA.

    What's funny is come Valentine's Day when another wheel is added and you fail to obtain a beloved item everyone else managed to get, you will be crying just like everyone now who hates the wheel. You know you will and you have a right to.

    Look - we are NEVER going to agree here but I and many others on this forum are NOT wrong when we complain that the wheel is UNFAIR and EA are taking advantage of their loyal fanbase by implementing something like this. Nothing you say can change my mind on this. The person responsible for it's creation should be covered in tar, stuck with feathers and sent to dance in Time Square in their underpants and since you love EA you can go with him.

    BRILLIANTLY STATED!!!

    +1000 :thumbup: :thumbup:

    You might be my new hero!! :-)

    You should set your hero standards a little higher.
  • cjmills82
    90 posts
    edited January 2014
    Personally, I laugh at anyone dumb enough to waste their donuts on stuff like the wheel. Serves you right. Would you spend donuts to speed up Springfield Downs so you can bet more?

    Everyone KNOWS the wheel is weighted. The odds of getting the best prizes are low. If you chose to spend real money purchasing more spins, that doesn't improve your odds. They're the same as everyone else - you just get more attempts.

    FWIW, I cleared the wheel yesterday (got the Snowball II sculpture, which ended up being the one I spent the most time trying to obtain) and didn't spend a dime on extra spins.

    I'm not sure why people feel that because they're willing to throw money at the game, EA owes them better odds or more rewards. If you buy premium stuff, the premium stuff is your reward - it sets you ahead of people who don't spend money. If you chose to waste money on things like the wheel, you get what you deserve.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.