EA Forums - Banner

Rules need to be enforced.

Totally agree! Trolling is a forum rule, if it was any one of us we would be banned from a moderator a long time ago! Why should he get special treatment?

Replies

• LPNintendoITA
    11500 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Totally agree! Trolling is a forum rule, if it was any one of us we would be banned from a moderator a long time ago! Why should he get special treatment?
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9892111.page#31370780
    I don't see any signature?
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9892111.page#31370780
    I don't see any signature?
    It can be turned on and off for each post if need be. He doesn't always use his sig but I have seen the one in question. I don't know why he hasn't been banned long before now, simply for being the biggest troll I have ever come across. Moderation is incredibly lax on this forum.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11500 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Airion wrote:
    It can be turned on and off for each post if need be. He doesn't always use his sig but I have seen the one in question. I don't know why he hasn't been banned long before now, simply for being the biggest troll I have ever come across. Moderation is incredibly lax on this forum.
    probably because people still don't get it :lol: not talking about mods but normal users. yep
    I laugh at every response to his posts.
    And the people jaleous of his mention in the game.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited January 2014
    So by this, you are clearing calling out josh. I agree the mods need to enforce the rules on you too :hunf:

• coathang3r
    24 posts
    edited January 2014
    When this thread disappears you'll know they are doing their job.
  • philippama998
    738 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I was wondering if Josh isnt an EA employee. Clearly his threads are of value to the company and they do read it. They value his opinion and especially the reactions he get.

Think of a board room. EA TSTO team sits together and discusses a new idea. They have pros and cons. Eventually they decide to introduce that idea.

Best way to get a feedback from the players is to go in the forum, take an account and raise the cons in form of a polarizing statement.

Example: Josh used a couple of opportunities to mention the event was going on for to long. Noone really kicked in on that and people just discussed other things. Result: no worries to extend the event and give people the chance to clear the wheel.

I strongly believe this forum and EA need Josh in many ways. You only can polarize and cause unfiltered emotions when you are boarderline.
  • ollyt1985866
    109 posts
    edited January 2014
    I believe this, taken straight from the forum rules is sufficient to ban Josh. Why hasn't he been banned yet?

-Any form of call outs, insults, trolling, or incitement is not allowed and will be actioned. This includes the discussion of moderators or moderator actions.

Just so everyone is aware, Josh's new Sig calls the moderators 'morons'.

Wow, never noticed that before. I think that rule is a bit over the top in regards to mods. Mods should work with a community and be able to account and justify their actions. Not run it as a dictatorship where they need not explain their actions and can remove comments or ban any one questioning it.

...But it's their choice what they do. Gotta be careful though. Banning a troll is one thing, banning a troll who drops a lot of money on the game is another. Especially a funny one like Josh.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I was wondering if Josh isnt an EA employee. Clearly his threads are of value to the company and they do read it. They value his opinion and especially the reactions he get.

Think of a board room. EA TSTO team sits together and discusses a new idea. They have pros and cons. Eventually they decide to introduce that idea.

Best way to get a feedback from the players is to go in the forum, take an account and raise the cons in form of a polarizing statement.

Example: Josh used a couple of opportunities to mention the event was going on for to long. Noone really kicked in on that and people just discussed other things. Result: no worries to extend the event and give people the chance to clear the wheel.

I strongly believe this forum and EA need Josh in many ways. You only can polarize and cause unfiltered emotions when you are boarderline.

So you condone idiotic behaviour,slander and abuse and in your opinion this is what this forum and Ea need? Come on, the antics have gone on to long. I see him as a koala, this issue has been raised and I have been told its monitored.
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Not everyone wants Josh banned. I sure as heck don't. He's not a troll, he's a valuable member of the community. He does not personally attack people. He gets attacked. He raises questions and starts conversations. And in doing so, EA gets feedback. This thread seems like a personal attack on him. IMO.
  • mrjassmith
    158 posts
    edited January 2014

Hands off Josh. He is one of the better posters on here.

And since he was outed by EA in the game a few months back, he is clearing playing to the parody of himself
    that they were mocking.

:-)
  • LPNintendoITA
    11500 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    mdawny wrote:
    Not everyone wants Josh banned. I sure as heck don't. He's not a troll, he's a valuable member of the community. He does not personally attack people. He gets attacked. He raises questions and starts conversations. And in doing so, EA gets feedback. This thread seems like a personal attack on him. IMO.
    as I said people still don't get it. And he told me too via pm. People don't get it
  • ollyt1985866
    109 posts
    edited January 2014
    mdawny wrote:

...and he does seem to be targeted at the moment by the moderators. His threads have been deleted or merged citing reasons that there are already discussions ongoing about them. That's fine, but I never saw the mods merge any of those damn wheel threads. I also didn't seem them touch another persons post who was copying a post josh had made minutes earlier which got deleted. So why the unfairness to Josh? If there are rules then great! BUT you must implement them fairly and to all. Targeting a single member of our community is also a form of bullying. To some extent Josh himself has the right to complain to EA about the way he is treated by this community.

Josh posts his opinions and gains a strong reaction from the community. Lots of people get upset but maybe they just need to learn to calm down a bit and realise this is only a forum. I don't agree with Josh most of the time, but I think his points are interesting and his threads so damn funny because other people get so riled up by him.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited January 2014
    mdawny wrote:
    Booom!!! +1. Totaly agree, although I don't agree with everything he says and dose. And crosses the line now and then. Let the mods do their job, if they have grounds to ban him then so be it. But untill then stop flaming him and just flag his posts if your that upset. The mods can only do so much. It's the admins that give out the bans.

Everyone has a choice and they choose to click his threads. Very rarely does he go in a thread to kick off
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited January 2014

...and he does seem to be targeted at the moment by the moderators. His threads have been deleted or merged citing reasons that there are already discussions ongoing about them. That's fine, but I never saw the mods merge any of those damn wheel threads. I also didn't seem them touch another persons post who was copying a post josh had made minutes earlier which got deleted. So why the unfairness to Josh? If there are rules then great! BUT you must implement them fairly and to all. Targeting a single member of our community is also a form of bullying. To some extent Josh himself has the right to complain to EA about the way he is treated by this community.

Josh posts his opinions and gains a strong reaction from the community. Lots of people get upset but maybe they just need to learn to calm down a bit and realise this is only a forum. I don't agree with Josh most of the time, but I think his points are interesting and his threads so damn funny because other people get so riled up by him.

+1,000,000 :thumbup:
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    mdawny wrote:

He's not a troll. Rofl, do you know the full story? Or just making assumption of your own experience?
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited January 2014
    Appropriate action will be taken, but if you do have any concerns its best that you pm a mod about certain issues.

I have to lock this thread as its not in the best interest of people commenting on another forum user about certain issues.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!