EA Forums - Banner

Frink, Otto, Jasper or someone else? Purchase help please

Of these three, I'd go for Jasper, second choice being Otto.

However, an even better choice is probably LuAnn, who comes with a great questline, has three great outdoor tasks and gives Kirk a premium 8-hour task.

Replies

• ollyt1985866
    109 posts
    edited January 2014
    I've just started with getting premium items as well so pretty much in the same boat.

I've picked up Otto and Frink lately (as well as other decorations).

I like Otto a lot. He only costs 120 and the bus that he comes with fits in quite nicely outside the elementary school. Frink is cool too, but I was slightly disappointed. I'm guessing he was one of the early premium items. There wasn't really a 'proper' quest line with him. No dialogue, just perform this quest, then that one. But he's still only 150 and comes with a pretty cool building (that a few people have decorated with ghost zappers - looks really cool).

Next for me is a toss up between Stu and his disco (180D), Jasper and the community centre (150D). Duffman and the brewery (190D) or the natural history museum (100D).

The other choice you have is to look at decorations. You won't get an extra character or building to look at, but they help make what you got look that little bit better. A few of the decoration I have (or plan to get shortly):

Hot Tub - using this in my nuclear plant to simulate a cooling pond
    Police car - really livens up the quite plain police building
    Ambulance - again look great outside the hospital
    Tire Fire - This one is only 40D and is so memorable from the simpsons series.
    Channel 6 New Van and broadcast dish - Channel 6 looks great, these just add some nice additions to the car park :)

So, if I were in your shoes and I wanted to spend all my donuts (163). I'd probably get Otto and the Tire Fire. Probably not the best multipliers available, but you'd get one building (the bus), one character and one great decoration.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    The only issue I've had with Otto is he seems remarkably quiet when tapped in a town, so it's hard to hear him, then is Luann voiced, it's not the be all object but is still like voiced characters.
  • ollyt1985866
    109 posts
    edited January 2014
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    The only issue I've had with Otto is he seems remarkably quiet when tapped in a town, so it's hard to hear him, then is Luann voiced, it's not the be all object but is still like voiced characters.

I've heard people say Jasper has some good lines, but I don't have him myself so can't really say.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited January 2014
    I've heard people say Jasper has some good lines, but I don't have him myself so can't really say.

He has lines as 'Don't harm the beard', 'Leave me alone and, of course, 'That's a Paddling'.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited January 2014
    L_B_123XD wrote:

No, she's not.
  • ollyt1985866
    109 posts
    edited January 2014

He has lines as 'Don't harm the beard', 'Leave me alone and, of course, 'That's a Paddling'.

haha, nice lines. Think I'll have to get Jasper sooner rather than later.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited January 2014

Next for me is a toss up between Stu and his disco (180D), Jasper and the community centre (150D). Duffman and the brewery (190D) or the natural history museum (100D).

disco stu is good but not worth 180 doughnuts.. he's voiced but only has 2 outdoor task.. his questline is pretty short as well

i don't think any premium character is worth more then 120-150 max
  • nubbin71
    236 posts
    edited January 2014
    I've only collected 80+ donuts so far, but if I ever collect enough, I'd be sorely tempted to spend the lot on Jasper.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!