EA Forums - Banner

What I'm doing with all my seasonal/limited time stuff

Sounds amazing. You're going to need to either post screen caps, or add us all as friends so we can look. :)

Replies

• indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited January 2014
    Annette - I'm not up for doing the full panorama, it sounds like a major project! But I'll get some screen caps up.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    pics-or-it-didnt-happen-jpg.77311

Not that I don't believe you, but I want to see it and I never get to use that meme.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    Nice idea I do the same, you town sounds similar to mine. I don't understand why certain people store those buildings because they feel its seasonal. They are great additions to the game and you can keep them in certain sections. I have a Christmas section with Santas Village and Claus Co. Bad dream house like a haunted house with the cemetery around it to give it a haunted feeling. Most sciencey stuff together. I have the ray gun on the left side and Volcanoes lair on the right side and the blown up ship in the middle. Makes it look like they both help blow it out the sky and if the Victorian ever try's to fly they will do the same. :twisted: Many more little jokes also around town. I like individual towns with a creative sense. :mrgreen:
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited January 2014
    Okey doke, here's the linkage to my Fun Zone - I only stitched together my 'Fun Zone' pics for this, so the edges look pretty raggedy, but it shows what I've done in that one area.

http://dmediamom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/MySFFunZone.jpg
  • xH3adx
    23 posts
    edited January 2014
    Okey doke, here's the linkage to my Fun Zone - I only stitched together my 'Fun Zone' pics for this, so the edges look pretty raggedy, but it shows what I've done in that one area.

http://dmediamom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/MySFFunZone.jpg

MySFFunZone.jpg
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I love it. I have also made a Christmas village to be visited all year round and a spooky part of town.
  • DarthTraders
    69 posts
    edited January 2014
    I like what you did. I was planning on doing the exact same. :)
  • onefilmchic
    13 posts
    edited January 2014
    Santa's Village in SoCal closed down some years ago. I remember going as a kid in the 90s. Aww

I'm hoping if we get the MonoRail...I can use it to create an amusement park with the holiday stuff..... since Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm and the smaller amusement parks here all have themed and holiday areas.

And Disneyland actually has a MonoRail going throughout the park and right to the Disneyland Hotel. So I can use the skyscrapers as hotels.
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited January 2014
    Looks great!

I ended up shoving mine over to an end where it looks fairly decent (I'm starting to run out of space)
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow. Nice layout. You took a lot of eclectic stuff and made it all make sense. I'll be stealing your idea for putting an enclosure around a group of entertainment venues (your bowling alley, arcade, and miniature golf show what I mean.). I like the "zone" feeling of it. I have a whole slew of entertainment buildings just sitting in one big clump at the moment, because I couldn't come up with anything but chaos.

Also, I hated the Krustyland shuttle since the day I got it, but you showed it work out perfectly
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited January 2014
    Thanks, guys!
    Feel free to borrow any ideas you like from my layout. :mrgreen:
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Have a maze set up but I can't figure how to upload the image
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!