EA Forums - Banner

Who else has a basic Springfield, i.e., just buildings no roads?

Prev1
Sorry mate but that's not 'basic', it's incredibly ugly. I suggest you beautify it a little. At least put roads in, it's a town not a dump.

Replies

• Jaye_Batista
    35 posts
    edited January 2014
    Ha ha ha, perhaps it is!!! I've got everything nice and spread out, where I think things will be in the long run. I just don't like wasting time putting up roads that ill change eventually!!

Also, I think I waste enough time on this game with the X-Mas update!! A half hour to get to my small batch of friends!! I can't imagine what you guys with 100 friends have to go through!! Oi!!
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    Ha ha ha, perhaps it is!!! I've got everything nice and spread out, where I think things will be in the long run. I just don't like wasting time putting up roads that ill change eventually!!

Also, I think I waste enough time on this game with the X-Mas update!! A half hour to get to my small batch of friends!! I can't imagine what you guys with 100 friends have to go through!! Oi!!
    I've given up visiting all my 100 neighbours, especially since I haven't changed any since I started playing last year (at least half are inactive. When I get home I'm deleting them to an active, manageable amount. To be honest, you should put the effort into redesigning now and leave spaces for future buildings. Makes it easier in the long run.
  • BouncyX
    114 posts
    edited January 2014
    For me it's a combo of both. Waiting to get the Townhall and build my town around that!! Plus I don't want to because I'll just spend time rearranging, I'd rather just play and get on with my day!!

that's why i always organize things as i add new buildings. i used to wait til they finished building but since you can see a "preview" and get an idea of the size and space. i now always build my area around each building before they are done. i havent done much rearranging and i don't plan to either. i know some people go as far as having a downtown area etc.... and they are constantly rearranging due to that. i don't have the patience for that. lol

i just try and make it neat or pretty around each building. sometimes i luck out and can place similar stuff together or can plan in advance without moving much or anything but usually its not planned like a "real city". i of course have loads or roads and streets.

i understand about the townhall but the longer you wait, the more stuff is out there and harder and longer it'll be to arrange it that way you know? i built town hall soon as it came out and while its not longer the center of town due to land expansion, i still made it and the jeb statue look as similar to the show as i could so i'm happy there.
  • Dahl_Lin
    151 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Usually end up keeping one main road and using the grey path stuff for the rest of the map cause I can put my vehicles on it.

Really wish there would be an update to allow the vehicles to be placed on the road graphic.

• LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Usually end up keeping one main road and using the grey path stuff for the rest of the map cause I can put my vehicles on it.

Really wish there would be an update to allow the vehicles to be placed on the road graphic.

this
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • caffeinater
    27 posts
    edited January 2014
    My town is "under-roaded" as well. I would like to organize it and beautify it, but that process is just too tedious with the current touchscreen interface. If they added a way to multi-select, it would be so much easier. So basically, that's the feature I'm holding out for...
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014

I've honestly never thought of that! Good idea but I think I'll stick with my current town. Besides, I enjoy making U-turns and so forth with the road edges that you can't do with paths.
  • Dahl_Lin
    151 posts Member
    edited January 2014

I've honestly never thought of that! Good idea but I think I'll stick with my current town. Besides, I enjoy making U-turns and so forth with the road edges that you can't do with paths.

True. The road graphic looks so much nicer too.

I will just keep hoping someday an update allows vehicles on roads, and maybe even fit in the parking lots they designed. Someday....
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Did no roads for a while- quite fun actually
  • yukongirl123
    15173 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    That's the fun part for me. I am constantly redesigning my town, especially when new buildings are introduced. Also like to experiment with 2d pics and 3d structures.
  • 4junk3000
    6371 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    most of my neighbors i feel have too many roads. i dont understand roads surrounding each building at all. that would be a traffic night mare!

anyone is welcome to add me and check out how I've done roads and parking lots to appear as realistic as possible. every store gets parking!!

i also dont understand having every bldg facing forward. I'm building a town not a diorama! lol
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • 4junk3000
    6371 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    That's the fun part for me. I am constantly redesigning my town, especially when new buildings are introduced. Also like to experiment with 2d pics and 3d structures.

me too!! i can't wait until i can actually build SF like the show's opening sequence. but till then i make each new building fit in completely with the existing town's size constraints.

someday I'll reach that point where I'll have enough of the iconic land marks and enough Real estate to do a complete rebuild. someday.....
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Sorry mate but that's not 'basic', it's incredibly ugly. I suggest you beautify it a little. At least put roads in, it's a town not a dump.
    Who are you to judge?

Posts like this make me so mad. It's not up to you how someone else's town looks!
  • kitfisto2121
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't understand the point in playing if people just want to jam and cram buildings wherever they fit without trying to design a nice town with decorations and roads. I mean tne point of the game is to build a town so why just plop stuff down and leave it? Where is the fun in that? I know some people really can design and some can't, but at least try.......just my opinion. I have some building just all jammed together at tne back of my map, but I'm in the middle of a redesign :mrgreen:
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited January 2014

True. The road graphic looks so much nicer too.

I will just keep hoping someday an update allows vehicles on roads, and maybe even fit in the parking lots they designed. Someday....
    lets just say I saw vehicles on road (not photoshopped) and its just a flag apparently (of course they ll be stationary). Its just a flag
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited January 2014
    I try to make mine somewhat visually nice. I will spread my town out when I'm able to afford buy some land. I need to build all my structures first. I only started playing right before Halloween but I'm at level 37.
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    My neighbor marksayers77 has one of these towns.
  • drew3rdof3
    104 posts
    edited January 2014
    I began deleting neighbors with crammed towns during this Christmas event. It looks just as bad as house stackers.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I have to say that in my experience when I first started, I didnt have any roads except for the main one in front of the simpsons house. My town looked like this:
    before.jpg

I didnt like the looks of my town and after getting a lot of requested feedback from the forum regulars I decided to add roads and clean it up..beautify it as you call it. Now it looks like this:
    springfield640.jpg

As you can see, theres a big difference after I added the roads, cleaned it up and it was easy to add new buildings.
    All the snow buildings are those that I've added during the Christmas season.
  • Jaye_Batista
    35 posts
    edited January 2014
    I don't understand the point in playing if people just want to jam and cram buildings wherever they fit without trying to design a nice town with decorations and roads. I mean tne point of the game is to build a town.

It's just a time issue for me mainly!!! That and I'm waiting for a few more buildings to make sure I have the space for it.

Don't think everything is piled up!! I have most everything where I want it. Just need more roads!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.