EA Forums - Banner

Chilli Cook-Off - Next major event idea - summer 2014

Replies

• LPNintendoITA
    11556 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh my god they posted an external link! MODS - GET THEM!! No but these are some good ideas.
    its the simpson wikia just saying.

welcome to the insan... ehm forum man great first post!
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    Oh my god they posted an external link! MODS - GET THEM!! No but these are some good ideas.
    its the simpson wikia just saying.

welcome to the insan... ehm forum man great first post!
    Well it was sarcasm, just saying.

Get used to some of the.. ehm bland users (sorry but has to be said).
  • comicbob817
    18 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Other springfielders could be square dancing and selling spice racks or time for chili hats.
    Ike
  • jasonbd77
    238 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    That's an awesome idea for an event! Much more interesting than the events I have played in the game. I want it NOW!
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited January 2014
    Good idea. It'd be interesting to see how it would be implemented. It doesn't sound like something that should be a major event to me, though. Maybe a mini one.
    I definitely don't think this should happen *instead of* WD, though. While WD was a time-consuming, frustrating, grind, EA has shown us through the last several events that they learned a lot from it. I hope WD is an annual event, they'll do much better with it this year than last.
  • molsenff06528
    34 posts
    edited January 2014
    Love this idea. Homer could have a quest of building his chili spoon out of a bigger spoon. The talking coyote could beva character or premium character to walk around.
  • chris_thomps930
    23 posts
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the welcome to the forum!

And I'm glad the idea is going down positively!

Has anyone got any ideas to expand on it?

Characters, jobs, skins etc

Cheers
  • mbaron312775
    133 posts
    edited January 2014
    (Homer dramatically reveals his wooden chili spoon.)
    Lenny: [whispering to Carl] They say he carved it himself... from a bigger spoon.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    Woah interesting idea. One of my favorite episodes as well. Wonder if EA considers it...

Oh ya Welcome. :mrgreen:
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I'd love to see something like this or the food fest from "Guess Whose Coming to Criticize Dinner".

I hope they don't bring back Whacking Day. It isn't so much about the gameplay as there's no WD prizes left for players who participated last year. EA pretty much put everything short of Barry White into that event and since Whacking Day is based on a single episode, nothing new to draw from.
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    madfish86 wrote:
    I'd love to see something like this or the food fest from "Guess Whose Coming to Criticize Dinner".

Love this episode, I think it's one of the very last truly classic episodes.

1157ol.jpg

"...chocolate so dark, light cannot escape its surface"
  • cajuncat
    10 posts
    edited January 2014

Community Prizes -

The idea I've had for community prizes may not work or be too popular as it wouldn't start until the end of the main questline - but as these events tend to go on for a few weeks I'm not sure it's much of an issue - once the ship has run aground players will be able to deposit hot pants in neighbours towns adding to the global total.

Fantastic ideas in your entire post. I did get a giggle at dropping hot pants in people's towns (I assume you meant hot plants?)

Maybe they could add a chili food stand to Krustyland?
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited January 2014
    madfish86 wrote:

Love this episode, I think it's one of the very last truly classic episodes.

One of the very few episodes from that valley of tears that was season 11 (of 'Little Big Mom', 'Missionary: Impossible', 'Bart to the Future' and 'Kill the Alligator and Run' infamy) that I can watch without sadly reminiscing the greatness of earlier seasons (well, it is a holdover episode from season 10). Also, it inspired my sig.
  • chris_thomps930
    23 posts
    edited January 2014
    cajuncat wrote:

Community Prizes -

The idea I've had for community prizes may not work or be too popular as it wouldn't start until the end of the main questline - but as these events tend to go on for a few weeks I'm not sure it's much of an issue - once the ship has run aground players will be able to deposit hot pants in neighbours towns adding to the global total.

Fantastic ideas in your entire post. I did get a giggle at dropping hot pants in people's towns (I assume you meant hot plants?)

Maybe they could add a chili food stand to Krustyland?

Haha nope - I meant Hot Pants - in the episode the ship has run aground and spilled it's cargo of hot pants. There could be a ship decoration that generates hot pants every few hours much like the Claus Co tree in this update!

A chilli stall for KL is a great idea!
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I am down with this.
    yeah+right.+good+thought+you+are+right_e319b3_4618095.gif
  • jarya93
    331 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    This sounds like a good idea!
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    I am down with this.
    yeah+right.+good+thought+you+are+right_e319b3_4618095.gif
    Oh my god! Your avatar is insanely awesome! As if I didn't think of that. Honestly would listen to Homer's rendition of that song all day long!
  • kitfisto2121
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Chili cook off is a great idea. I still wish they'd make the wacking day stuff available in the market again for those of us who missed it.
  • chris_thomps930
    23 posts
    edited January 2014
    Just had another thought - maybe the 7 Duff mascots could be a prize. They could have tasks, or just be mascots - probably more suited to KL than SF though
  • krystamr3
    9 posts
    edited January 2014
    okay, this is only my second post, but I felt compelled to put it here because oh my god I love this. great episode and great idea. I wasn't playing early enough to participate in whacking day (sadface) but sounds like this could be much better.

maybe in the beginning of the quest line Marge tries to keep Homer from finding out about the chili cook-off...

I want that Johnny Cash space coyote so BAD!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!