EA Forums - Banner

Chilli Cook-Off - Next major event idea - summer 2014

Replies

• SimplePlan2k8
    34 posts
    edited January 2014
    This should be a thing, if only so every day I can say "hurry uuuuup! I'm gonna miss the chilli cook ooooooffffff"
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like a good idea
  • neojansen843
    66 posts
    edited January 2014
    Love the idea!!! I have my spoon ready... Bring it on!!!

pope-of-chilitown-300x199.jpg
  • JOKER116
    44 posts
    edited January 2014
    love this idea as this episode is one of my favorites as well :thumbup:
  • excelsior0808
    98 posts
    edited January 2014
    It makes sense from another standpoint, too - Whacking Day was disbanded after that episode. Yet another reason for EA not to revisit the event. As a consolation to players who weren't around for WD the items could be put up for acquisition at the same time, or tied into another mini-release ala this most recent update.
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    One of the best first posts ever.

I love this idea and I hope ea gives you 5 bucks for when they steal all this from you :lol:

Seriously you did them a favor!
  • chris_thomps930
    23 posts
    edited January 2014
    One of the best first posts ever.

I love this idea and I hope ea gives you 5 bucks for when they steal all this from you :lol:

Seriously you did them a favor!

I'd settle for a few hundred donuts :wink:

But cheers though, glad you like the idea
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited January 2014
    th?id=H.4758635978818359&pid=15.1

mmm chilli
  • antpants7
    375 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    YES!!!! You genius. You had me at chilli and won me over with hot pants. Because you know, who doesn't like short shorts?
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    antpants7 wrote:
    YES!!!! You genius. You had me at chilli and won me over with hot pants. Because you know, who doesn't like short shorts?

I love short shorts.....you love short shorts :mrgreen:
  • SalvatoreLoz86
    107 posts
    edited January 2014
    While it seems like a great idea, and i do like it, im just not sure its big enough for a big event like summer, maybe a smaller one like Saint paddies day maybe?
    There's isnt really much that could be added as in prizes, maybe 2 or 3 but not 15( i.e personal/community prizes), as for skins the episode only has one character dressed up which is Smithers in his glitzy light up cowboy outfit.

I still would really like to see this in game but maybe as a few days/week long event?

Edit: typos
  • leepierce27
    315 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    While it seems like a great idea, and i do like it, im just not sure its big enough for a big event like summer, maybe a smaller one like Saint paddies day maybe?
    There's isnt really much that could be added as in prizes, maybe 2 or 3 but not 15( i.e personal/community prizes), as for skins the episode only has one character dressed up which is Smithers in his glitzy light up cowboy outfit.

I still would really like to see this in game but maybe as a few days/week long event?

Edit: typos

This would be meant to replace the Whacking Day update, which is one of the smaller ones. I'm rewatching the episode as we speak, and it'd definitely work. We'd start off with the Springfield Fairgrounds. Personal prizes would be the spirit guide(coyote), the tortoise, Springfield Country Club(Golf Course), Pro Shop, the all-night furniture store, the two barflies, E.A.R.L. for the squid port, waterslide addition for KL, etc. and also, one thought- I don't recall ever being able to get the Simpson's sedan. There was a summer episode a while back called Summer of 4'2" where Lisa tried to be cool, this update could also give us her cool skin and also the sedan with all of the seashells attached to it. Just because this update would focus on the Chilli Cook-off doesn't mean that all of the prizes have to be related to that episode.
  • chris_thomps930
    23 posts
    edited January 2014
    Just found this - it's not from the Chilli Cook-Off episode but since when did episode tie-ins have to be accurate???

Chili_Man.png
  • Ecl3t1c
    63 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Love the idea!!! I have my spoon ready... Bring it on!!!

pope-of-chilitown-300x199.jpg

I hear he carved it from a larger wooden spoon.
  • heatherbea444
    232 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Your idea is absolutely excellent! I would love it. However I don't think anyone has mentioned how the coyote was voiced by the man in black himself, Johnny Cash. It would be excellent if we could get the coyote as a permanent character. Although since Cash is dead, I'd understand if it wasn't voiced. I'd just be so happy to have him around, much like my joy for Snorky.
  • chris_thomps930
    23 posts
    edited February 2014
    Just wanna give this a bump - see if its still got interest.... and maybe EA will see it. Haha who knows...
  • jwvfilms
    215 posts
    edited February 2014
    Good stuff!
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited February 2014
    I think this is a great idea! I love it when they take things in the show (like whacking) day and make it a event. This will probably come out eventually since it was a big event in the episode it was in and the summer is the perfect time for it because the summer is kind of empty when it comes to holidays they can make into events.
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited February 2014
    Good idea, but this doesn't sound like it could make a big event. I mean what would come out with this update?
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Not a great idea what can you possibly accomplish out if this growing chili will probably take 12 hours and what do you do in the meantime
    I say we should have dolphins terrorizing sf like in the we get the aquarium spawning dolphins and tap them giving out fins that you could win prizes
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!