EA Forums - Banner

To those signaling wheel status to neighbors...

2Next

Replies

• k8rk8rk8r
    131 posts
    edited January 2014
    MissGrafin wrote:
    I still try to be equal about it, but if I see a neighbour still under the needed limit, or signalling that they still need things, I try to show a little extra love.

Not me. I was trying to be very equitable in the beginning because I had far too few bags to load up my favorite neighbors, but now I think giving bags to people who have cleared the wheel, leaving the possibility that other neighbors won't get the chance, makes little sense.
  • kungpao214
    301 posts
    edited January 2014
    The people leaving bags even though the signs are up are plausibly hoping for reciprocation. I've been trying to give bags back to those that still leave them.
  • k8rk8rk8r
    131 posts
    edited January 2014
    kungpao214 wrote:
    The people leaving bags even though the signs are up are plausibly hoping for reciprocation. I've been trying to give bags back to those that still leave them.

I'll keep this in mind if I ever clear the wheel.

:lol: Just kidding. We both know that isn't going to happen.
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited January 2014
    A friend of mine used like 30 stop signs around the tree to say no more lol

Brilliant, just bordered my tree with them! Let people who need them have them. It's a shame we can't donate extra spin tokens. :) (though I guess feeder accounts would make that out of control...)
  • bettyseek381
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Very creative. I'll get some stop signs.

• Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited January 2014
    Congrats Kungpao, for some reason I thought you had cleared it already. Happy to hear you got it all now.

I've been letting the gifts build up so that people can't drop them, but that message that I have too many gifts that keeps popping up is annoying so I'll clear some every once in a while just to make it go away. I've tried figuring out which of my neighbors have cleared the and which ones haven't, but I haven't done a very good job of it. The messages are a good idea and I'm looking for them now. Since I know not everyone reads the threads and threads can get buried before people see them, I'm thinking of leaving any extra bags I have at the end of the day for people who have less than 50k. Or should it be 75k? Any thoughts on that?

Then of course there's the dilemma of what to do about gift bags for people who just aren't really trying. Most of my neighbors have hit the 30k and beyond with seemingly little effort. I have a couple who are close to 30k and should hit it with no problem. It's the 3 or 4 people who don't really seem to be trying at all. I don't think this because they don't have a lot of gift bags. I think this because it doesn't appear that they have visited once since the event started. I suppose it's possible that they have and have only clicked buildings with a quick turn around and people have tapped after them. The thing is, the way my town and LZ are set up you have to make an effort to get to those buildings. So why pass other buildings moving away from the LZ to tap those considering I always have buildings near the LZ that don't have handshakes? I'm torn because I want to help everyone, but do I really want to help those who don't seem to be trying to help themselves when there are others who are struggling? As I said these are folks that haven't visited once as far as I can tell, not people who may have taken a break for the holidays or just because.
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Bumping this for those who may not know.

Candy canes = drop bags
    Stop sign = DO NOT drop bags
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    For a while, I ALSO had my magnifying glass burning the tree trunk, but my town kept crashing so I stored the magnifying glass.

no_gifts_landing.jpg
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.