Replies

• Benthebossyo
    139 posts
    edited January 2014
    violin-steve-buscemi.gif
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited January 2014
    There's no strategy, just random luck. For example, the past two days I had only been getting money, but today I got both Muntz Christmas House and Mr. Plow (finally!). :)
  • Gizmobanger
    42 posts
    edited January 2014
    my friend had 16 coins yesterday. used em all to try to get the last 2 items. i think the snow monster and helter shelter.

he didn't get it! ****! i got all my items weeks ago and i only bought 3 coins.

yes im talkin bout you bert!
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited January 2014
    Event ends jan 14 at 5pm gmt.
    U have time. Good luck man! I subbed

Thanks fellow Nintendo fan. :)
    my friend had 16 coins yesterday. used em all to try to get the last 2 items. i think the snow monster and helter shelter.

he didn't get it! ****! i got all my items weeks ago and i only bought 3 coins.

yes im talkin bout you bert!

I don't know why the Snow Monster seems so hard to get.
    Did you see as it landed on him TWICE and then it was pushed aside to the next item?!
    What the hell was that? ;(
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I know * you feel but it can be done and multiple coins is the best method. I had 2 item on the wheel. 2 days of saved coins gave me 16 spins, on the second group I got the Clausco on the 14th spin.
    It the took 3 more groups of 16 coins to get that Yeti. Left with 10 coins and nothing to spin for. Now have 25 coins. Let see what happens on Sunday
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited January 2014
    I know * you feel but it can be done and multiple coins is the best method. I had 2 item on the wheel. 2 days of saved coins gave me 16 spins, on the second group I got the Clausco on the 14th spin.
    It the took 3 more groups of 16 coins to get that Yeti. Left with 10 coins and nothing to spin for. Now have 25 coins. Let see what happens on Sunday

Thanks. How do you get 16 coins in only 2 days?
    Those 20 coins took me at least double that and I am hitting up all 100 friends each day. I guess most of them aren't reciprocating on their end.

Also, can you tell what the other item I need is? Is that Clause Co.? I don't recall having that.

I would trade my other prizes for the Snow Monster if I could. It reminds me of the Bumble from the old Rankin & Bass shows. I'm guessing it's a parody of that since the styling is the same.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    violin-steve-buscemi.gif
    Perfect haha
  • joshuaadolph
    35 posts
    edited January 2014
    I noticed that you can move the wheel where ever you want to as long as you don't pick your finger up. I would start with the wheel 180 degrees from what I wanted. Then I would spin it as hard as I could. You can also slow it down by putting your finger on the wheel while it's spinning. It may or may not work for all but I cleared the wheel in about 50000 gift cards.
  • caffeinater
    27 posts
    edited January 2014

If by "multiple coins in the best method" you mean that more chances are better than fewer chances, then... correct. Otherwise, the game doesn't care how many spins you make at one time. According to those who decompiled the source code, each slot on the wheel has its own assigned probability. Whether you make X spins all on the same day, or spread across several days, each spin retains the same probabilities.
  • adam19812005
    58 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I am around 60,000 and still need yeti and clause co. Pure luck is all this is.

I did just win the shelter so not to bad.
  • PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I feel so bad for you. It feels like luck is just not on your side.

I cleared the wheel at 65,000 cards weeks ago. My strategy was picked up from another player who cleared the wheel even before me. I always spun counterclockwise and very slowly. As slow as I could just to get it moving. Sometimes the wheel with only move just one full turn or two.

Good luck. I now have 55 free coins that I don't know what to do with. I wish the game allowed us to drop coins for our neighbors.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • jointfx
    13 posts
    edited January 2014
    Riveting cinema

I spun the wheel 24 consecutive times and was lucky to clear the wheel of the remaining prizes. There is no trick just luck, Which adds to the frustration because intuitively a roulette wheel's spaces shouldn't have such drastically uneven odds from one another. Another poster suggested a holiday scratch off which would make more sense and easier to cope with the losses

Bottom line keep spinning & your luck will eventually change, hopefully before the event ends
  • porkpiesteve
    229 posts
    edited January 2014
    spoonmanx wrote:

20 coins, 20 chances to win, all of them fail!

Also, watch as one of them lands on the Abominable Snow Monster and then changes it to something else, not once, but twice!
    I swear either I or the game is CURSED! :( All I really wanted was that character and I just can't seem to get him.

I don't mean to turn this into a whining post, so if anyone knows of a strategy to try please let me know. I tried putting the snow monster on the opposite side a few times as I heard this often works (just not for me?) Thanks!

Will we be able to spin the wheel through 1/14/14?

Ahh dude that sucks, I went thru about 60 spins before I got my last two prices, ice god and yeti, then my girlfriend had 2 spins in a row and got them both! She also got clause co early on, guess she is my good luck charm! So my advice is if you have a girlfriend get her to spin the wheel :D
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    From the "most cards to clear the wheel" thread:
    Finished, only needed 172,524 cards.
    175,000 gift cards, still trying for helter shelter
    Psdance wrote:
    175,064 and still have Clausco.

Just think about how many spins that is. It's random probability and it sucks, but that's how it is sometimes. The bell-shaped curve can be cruel to people at the edge of it, but eventually the odds will stop kicking you while you're down.
  • sparkinspace
    4 posts
    edited January 2014
    Given that the odds of landing on a wad of useless cash is 3/10 and I land on them roughly 9 times out of 10, I'm positive that the game is programmed to screw you over.

After all, it costs $1.80USD in Donuts to spin the wheel ONE FREAKING TIME, why wouldn't EA celebrate the season of giving by making us give them our money?

I understand that this is a free game, but I would rather the wheel have been completely left out of the holiday update than been jerked around like this. It mathematically makes no sense that I haven't seen a new prize since Christmas. I'm giving it a day or two more and then just putting the game down until this crap is over. It was fun when I was constantly getting new things but it's now a joke.
  • marvelexodia
    16 posts
    edited January 2014
    I'm there with you guys. I'm at 86000 cards and still missing helter shelter and yeti smh
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the replies and encouragement. I haven't given up yet even though I've now blown about 75 coins trying to get the Yeti, AKA Snow Monster, AKA Bumble. :roll:

I believe we will be able to keep spinning through 1/14/14 IIRC.
    Given that the odds of landing on a wad of useless cash is 3/10 and I land on them roughly 9 times out of 10, I'm positive that the game is programmed to screw you over.

After all, it costs $1.80USD in Donuts to spin the wheel ONE FREAKING TIME, why wouldn't EA celebrate the season of giving by making us give them our money?

I understand that this is a free game, but I would rather the wheel have been completely left out of the holiday update than been jerked around like this. It mathematically makes no sense that I haven't seen a new prize since Christmas. I'm giving it a day or two more and then just putting the game down until this crap is over. It was fun when I was constantly getting new things but it's now a joke.

Did you see how it landed on the Snow Monster twice, but then changed to the $1000 money?!? So frustrating! :(

I think they should at least change those dumb $1000 spaces to 500 tickets when landing on them 2 or more times.
    I landed on the same $1000 space 4 times out of 20 spins. Not cool.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited January 2014
    Double mobile glitch post' :(
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Given that the odds of landing on a wad of useless cash is 3/10
    That's a false impression that ignores the fact that this is a computer program. Every slot on the wheel was not programmed to have identical odds, no. It's a mystery box with more interesting graphics. The odds of cash (or house lights) is around 30% and several prizes have odds of about 1.5%
    This has been said over and over and over since before the event began. I'm amazed at how few people know it.
    Only those with money to burn should spend donuts on spin tokens.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited January 2014
    Well, after saving up another 15 coins and trying for the Yeti I missed out yet again. :(
    So that's now roughly 75 coins and I must have hit the $1000 money about 60% of the time.

Here is my 15 coin attempt. At least I finally got ClauseCo, but as I've said all along, it's the Yeti that I really wanted.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.