EA Forums - Banner

SMH at General Disscusion

Prev13
Has to make you wonder how some of these people survive in the real world....

Replies

• zicoboo
    354 posts
    edited January 2014
    Ugh.. the topic was locked, that should be the end of it. But anyways, if this is about me and what I said in that thread, for the record I'm not a sensitive little *. I originally didn't even say anything negative and agreed with the OP because I too liked the new character. What annoyed me was other people complaining about the thread being closed and saying that there was absolutely nothing offensive happening in that thread. I was trying to explain why someone else found something offensive in what he said because most people just don't understand Asians have to put up with on a daily basis.

Sorry if I went over the top, but I was honestly just trying to get my point across that rude racial jokes aren't needed here. Yes it's good to be able to have a laugh, but I really don't think making fun of and mocking someone's ethnicity is funny. People should be able to hang out on a forum like this without seeing comments degrading Asian women (or just women in general).. because that's the direction the original thread was going to.
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I just want to cry "unfair" because I've had a busy day and missed out on most of these threads!
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    I guess this is pointless because the harsh reality is to hard for most people to accept.
    While there are many threads CLEARY in the general discussion thread THAT are CLEARY off topic and get made daily still stay off topic but mine got moved to off topic because some people can't handle the real truth and pick favorite of which off topics should get general discussion attention and which shouldn't. I guess they just want his placed to be babied. Like I said before some people can't handle the harsh realities of life...it's Okies you guys can always come here and act the way you want, the police here have your back. :lol: :roll:

No wonder this forum going to hell, people always pick favorites...

• Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    zicoboo wrote:
    Ugh.. the topic was locked, that should be the end of it. But anyways, if this is about me and what I said in that thread, for the record I'm not a sensitive little *. I originally didn't even say anything negative and agreed with the OP because I too liked the new character. What annoyed me was other people complaining about the thread being closed and saying that there was absolutely nothing offensive happening in that thread. I was trying to explain why someone else found something offensive in what he said because most people just don't understand Asians have to put up with on a daily basis.

Sorry if I went over the top, but I was honestly just trying to get my point across that rude racial jokes aren't needed here. Yes it's good to be able to have a laugh, but I really don't think making fun of and mocking someone's ethnicity is funny. People should be able to hang out on a forum like this without seeing comments degrading Asian women (or just women in general).. because that's the direction the original thread was going to.

This wasn't about you but more of a general fact for this forum and today's post I guess just pushed it and obviously some people got hurt...(again not saying you)

But why no,t those same races make fun of other ethnicity's all we do is laugh and come harder but since certain ethnicity's are considered minorities in other people's eyes (which is wrong) they feel like they can poke fun at others but can't get poked fun at themselves, the ultimate hypocrisy.
  • NeiltonSantos11
    1113 posts
    edited January 2014
    zicoboo wrote:

What topic? What did I miss? :lol:
  • PresidentDude
    564 posts
    edited January 2014
    zicoboo wrote:

Josh topic
  • zicoboo
    354 posts
    edited January 2014

But why no,t those same races make fun of other ethnicity's all we do is laugh and come harder but since certain ethnicity's are considered minorities in other people's eyes (which is wrong) they feel like they can poke fun at others but can't get poked fun at themselves, the ultimate hypocrisy.
    I agree that some people hate it being done to them, but then will turn around and make fun of others. Which is why I hate anyone doing it, and make a point of it being wrong. It's not fair to make others feel bad and upset just because of their race. Now, you might say, people should be able to laugh because it's just a joke. But more often than not, these 'jokes' come from a hateful and ignorant place, even though that might not be how you intend it. For example, people call me a * or a * thinking its funny and it's okay because it's "just a joke", but it's actually a hateful term that has been used for years to discriminate against a group of people. People say a lot of things towards or about someone as laugh, but they're ignorant to the fact that those words are really offensive. I'm half Korean half Caucasian, I know what it's like to be discriminated against for both my ethnicity and I don't think it's okay
  • NeiltonSantos11
    1113 posts
    edited January 2014
    zicoboo wrote:

Josh topic
    I see
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited January 2014
    This forum has become just as worse as a police state and are filled with bunch of sensitive little biaaatches.

Com on grow up, I know this is a public forum but do you not go anywhere that is public and stuff gets said and/or comedies or movies or music or anything that's mentions stuff. Every culture, race, nationality, people in general have differences and stereotypes. After all we all have feet...legs, face, hands, and many other body parts...all different kinds and people will make fun of them or like them no matter how good or pretty or ugly. Learn to laugh about it and get over it. I do not know how some of you live your lives being so sensitive. I know many women that are very open, if you know what I mean :wink: and can take a ....wait this might get deleted..can take a joke. It's just most sensitive people are insecure or just never been in the real world and take everything up the **** and/or are uptightish snot spoiled little brats.. Geesh so one guy says something people go all crazy and you have so called "police" here so you can just go snitch and you feel happy?!? So what about everything else in life? Do you file a lawsuit or call the cops for every little thing that you feel is offensive, most likely not but you feel like you can do it behind a computer because no one knows who you are so you don't get ridiculed afterwards cause you have done something idiotic. Come to America and you will see everything is offensive but people just aren't that sensitive. You learn to live laugh and love.

This forum is being ruined by trolls and people continue to say don't feed the trolls but people continue to do so and every comment is now offensive. Some people and many great forum members are stoping to post and leaving because adults and children alike are all acting like they have no sense and all acting like they are 5 years old. Yes many adults too. After all this is a game so it probably does attract a lot of childish behavior...Hate me all you want if this gets to you where it hurts because it just proves my point and care less what most of you think. More than half and i stress MORE THAN HALF of are you lame and just behind a screen and don't have a life at all.

Com on lighten up. It's a new year lets liven this forum up.
    I just wish something's that get taken so seriously in this game, which is just a GAME, can give the same effort and can be taken as serious in real life and maybe this world would be a better place...

I wonder if this thread is offensive?? If so by all means....go for it..
    iv written this post five time and I'm just gona say I agree with all of it :lol:

I always have to watch what I say now-a-days :(

But their are some awesome people that can take a joke, I'm not gona surround my self with negative people. Because in the end it will just make me be negative and I don't want to be.

(Talking about in general)
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    This forum has become just as worse as a police state and are filled with bunch of sensitive little biaaatches.

Com on grow up, I know this is a public forum but do you not go anywhere that is public and stuff gets said and/or comedies or movies or music or anything that's mentions stuff. Every culture, race, nationality, people in general have differences and stereotypes. After all we all have feet...legs, face, hands, and many other body parts...all different kinds and people will make fun of them or like them no matter how good or pretty or ugly. Learn to laugh about it and get over it. I do not know how some of you live your lives being so sensitive. I know many women that are very open, if you know what I mean :wink: and can take a ....wait this might get deleted..can take a joke. It's just most sensitive people are insecure or just never been in the real world and take everything up the **** and/or are uptightish snot spoiled little brats.. Geesh so one guy says something people go all crazy and you have so called "police" here so you can just go snitch and you feel happy?!? So what about everything else in life? Do you file a lawsuit or call the cops for every little thing that you feel is offensive, most likely not but you feel like you can do it behind a computer because no one knows who you are so you don't get ridiculed afterwards cause you have done something idiotic. Come to America and you will see everything is offensive but people just aren't that sensitive. You learn to live laugh and love.

This forum is being ruined by trolls and people continue to say don't feed the trolls but people continue to do so and every comment is now offensive. Some people and many great forum members are stoping to post and leaving because adults and children alike are all acting like they have no sense and all acting like they are 5 years old. Yes many adults too. After all this is a game so it probably does attract a lot of childish behavior...Hate me all you want if this gets to you where it hurts because it just proves my point and care less what most of you think. More than half and i stress MORE THAN HALF of are you lame and just behind a screen and don't have a life at all.

I just wish something's that get taken so seriously in this game, which is just a GAME, can give the same effort and can be taken as serious in real life and maybe this world would be a better place...

Mate, very well said, I've also noticed on certain threads a comment will be made or a gif posted and you might reply or post a gif and your post gets deleted, why? Because someone found your post offensive but not the original one. I just can't stand how someone makes my mind up on what I and others would find offensive. Your not me so how do you know how iam feeling towards the whole thing. Same goes the about it the other way. Common sense needs to come through and not just people abusing there powers or pm a mod because there is a certain vandetta this individual might have towards someone. Like I said before this has all come crumbling down since the addition of extra sub forums and I said this would happen months ago, just look back at the old threads, I tried to make it clear and now what I predicted has happened. I agree alot of good members have left and there is a massive void here that hasn't been filled yet, well it has to some extent with trolls and people who have nothing to do but come onto a thread they supposidely don't like just to tell you they don't like it. Why **** for I couldnt care less if you don't like it, sweet just don't reply. When you were a kid iam sure there was someone that rubbed you the wrong way, would you keep seeing that person or just leave it be? Now lets see how hammered I get.
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Well said.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I couldn't care less about these "offensive posts" to be honest.

It is the constant wheel threads in GD that are doing my head in. There is a new thread every hour about how many spin coins someone has and how they still don't have all items or how the wheel is rigged. Then when they finally get what they wanted they feel the need to start a new thread instead of posting in the original. General Discussion is just a mess full of wheel threads. I wish mods would spend time removing/merging these threads instead of deleting these "offensive posts". Roll on the 14th!
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I've been avoiding the game discussion page so apparently I've missed something again lol.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6356 posts Moderator
    edited January 2014

It is the constant wheel threads in GD that are doing my head in. There is a new thread every hour about how many spin coins someone has and how they still don't have all items or how the wheel is rigged. Then when they finally get what they wanted they feel the need to start a new thread instead of posting in the original. General Discussion is just a mess full of wheel threads. I wish mods would spend time removing/merging these threads instead of deleting these "offensive posts". Roll on the 14th!

We actually are on top of those threads as well as all the repeated ones as well. Just remember, we also have our own lives as well, we work, we have families & commitments as well as being on these forums. So while appreciation is not mandatory, it is nice. We do our best for you guys (the community) and will continue to do so.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Since we've started having active mods, this happens regularly. Especially after new mods are named. It takes the new mods a while to get the hang of not pushing their own priorities on the forum, or trying to please everyone which never works out.

• Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    zicoboo wrote:

I agree that some people hate it being done to them, but then will turn around and make fun of others. Which is why I hate anyone doing it, and make a point of it being wrong. It's not fair to make others feel bad and upset just because of their race. Now, you might say, people should be able to laugh because it's just a joke. But more often than not, these 'jokes' come from a hateful and ignorant place, even though that might not be how you intend it. For example, people call me a * or a * thinking its funny and it's okay because it's "just a joke", but it's actually a hateful term that has been used for years to discriminate against a group of people. People say a lot of things towards or about someone as laugh, but they're ignorant to the fact that those words are really offensive. I'm half Korean half Caucasian, I know what it's like to be discriminated against for both my ethnicity and I don't think it's okay

People have to realize race religion and everything else is the systems and the global elitist ways of trying to differentiate us and fighting with each other when we should be fighting them for our real rights. Who made those terms? They did, not us. Its their HIS-STORY not OUR-STORY. We are all human after all and if we can't laugh about our strengths and weakness and differences, we are just falling into their rabbit hole.

I guess you have a certain point where people are ignorant but you just come back with a smart remark, without insulting them, and make them feel stupid doing it a manner able way and most likely that person will feel stupid or stop because they will see their way to poke fun didn't phase you, all you have to be is strong. :mrgreen: When things don't bother you they won't get the satisfaction and move on. Its kinda a bit like trolls. LOL It's sad but some people get their jollies off on that because they are just ignorant and clueless and know basic animalistic actions.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014

iv written this post five time and I'm just gona say I agree with all of it :lol:

I always have to watch what I say now-a-days :(

But their are some awesome people that can take a joke, I'm not gona surround my self with negative people. Because in the end it will just make me be negative and I don't want to be.

(Talking about in general)

Right on life to crazy for people not to be able to take a joke.
    I guess I'm just a realist. People say they want the truth but some people CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    Neenner wrote:
    Has to make you wonder how some of these people survive in the real world....

+Infinite. :thumbup:
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:

Mate, very well said, I've also noticed on certain threads a comment will be made or a gif posted and you might reply or post a gif and your post gets deleted, why? Because someone found your post offensive but not the original one. I just can't stand how someone makes my mind up on what I and others would find offensive. Your not me so how do you know how iam feeling towards the whole thing. Same goes the about it the other way. Common sense needs to come through and not just people abusing there powers or pm a mod because there is a certain vandetta this individual might have towards someone. Like I said before this has all come crumbling down since the addition of extra sub forums and I said this would happen months ago, just look back at the old threads, I tried to make it clear and now what I predicted has happened. I agree alot of good members have left and there is a massive void here that hasn't been filled yet, well it has to some extent with trolls and people who have nothing to do but come onto a thread they supposidely don't like just to tell you they don't like it. Why **** for I couldnt care less if you don't like it, sweet just don't reply. When you were a kid iam sure there was someone that rubbed you the wrong way, would you keep seeing that person or just leave it be? Now lets see how hammered I get.

Yup a lot of double standards here.
    After this is the Internet so you will have people who feel superior to say something and other people know they can't get hurt for saying something online which would obviously be a different situation in real life. They are not looking at other people but looking at a screen and feel alike they can say and get away with anything. We just got to laugh and move on. Who really wins the people how who think they won over on you on the Internet or the you who knows about people like those people.

I like to keep it real. So if you are able to say something online you should be able to say it in real life or vise versa and if not, don't say it at all but since its the Internet people use that as a mask and feel like superman.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited January 2014

Some people are just too sensitive and take things the wrong way. Especially things said by the devs in game or by peoples comments or just things that are plain funny. They just got to lighten up.

I understand some mods have real life but they have time to do certain things but not the important things which is beyond me but eh it is what it is.

About these multiple threads especially the wheels threads are pointless to talk about because I have stated this many times and so has many other people no matter how many time we stress it somebody else will always be like hey I'm special and important and let me say I won or I hate the wheel instead of just posting in a previously similar thread which probably isn't even 1 page away. But yup when this event is over is should mellow down a bit.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.