EA Forums - Banner

A Quick Question for the Forum

Prev1
I watch all the episodes. It's all potential fodder for future game updates. :)

Replies

• leepierce27
    315 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Since I like getting free characters, I only watch whenever there's a tie-in. The number of bribes I get from the game directly correlates to how much attention I pay to the episode. Hell, if you give me enough, I might even watch the commercials...
  • zicoboo
    354 posts
    edited January 2014
    It's going to be like a year till the tie in episode airs here... but I watch the simpsons everytime it's on TV
  • Twkoenig
    246 posts
    edited January 2014
    I always try to watch the show, but depending on scheduling I don't always have the time to catch new episodes. I can play the game anytime though, so I try to put in my time at least daily.

Wish they would do something similar to southpark where you can watch new episodes online for free the next day.
  • ebenbane
    188 posts
    edited January 2014
    I'm currently rewatching the Simpsons. I was I huge fan, but the last time I saw a current episode was before or around the timeof the Simpsons movie. (Which I saw in theaters)

I'm currently on season 8 of the Simpsons.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11498 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Going to watch it later. Of course since in italy it comes one year later...
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • leepierce27
    315 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    zicoboo wrote:
    It's going to be like a year till the tie in episode airs here... but I watch the simpsons everytime it's on TV

The latest episode entitled "Steal this Episode" involved Homer finding alternative, controversial methods to getting his media... He discusses the steps he took, but I don't want to give away any plot points, so I guess you'll have to find out on your own...
  • RynoJordan23
    470 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Love my Simpsons. I watch Animation Domination every Sunday if I'm not busy. If I am, DVR always has me covered. :)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Twkoenig wrote:
    Wish they would do something similar to southpark where you can watch new episodes online for free the next day.
    I am constantly watching South Park because they're all online. It would be totally sweet if more shows did that.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm somewhere between the first and second choices. I do still watch the show, even when there's no tie-in, but I don't watch it religiously anymore. It's slow now, but usually there's so much great television on Sundays I have to make choices on what I DVR and sometimes The Simpsons doesn't make the cut.

I'd given up on the show completely sometime back in Season 22 and only started watching it again in 2012 because of TSTO.
  • leepierce27
    315 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Twkoenig wrote:
    I am constantly watching South Park because they're all online. It would be totally sweet if more shows did that.

They are. They just signed the most expensive syndication deal with FXX to make every episode available online for all 26(yes, even the episodes that haven't been created yet) seasons. The only catch is that you have to have a cable provider and get FXX to have access to those episodes. Last I heard, it'd be launching in the 3rd quarter of 2014.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    The only catch is that you have to have a cable provider and get FXX to have access to those episodes.
    Yeah, that's always the catch.

What I like about southparkstudios is I can just go and watch basically any episode I want, whenever I want, without have to prove that I could watch Comedy Central offline. (I could, but it's kind of a pain in the B to sign in and then sign in again and then enter the confirmation code and then sign in again, ya know? Yes, I've seen this very thing with stuff like HBO Go.)

I know, a lot of network sites also post episodes for general consumption, but they take them down after a couple weeks. I do watch quite a few of my shows this way, too. It's just so much easier for me.
  • DD13world
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I quit watching The Simpsons since after 13th season & the newest tie-in wouldn't change my mind, but I only focus on their 1st season.
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited January 2014
    I dont really get a chance to watch much tv. Most of my tv watching is stuff i set the DVR to record or if i went out to watch sports with friends.
  • Twkoenig
    246 posts
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, and having to have a cable provider is a catch for me. I could pay for cable..but I prefer my hd antenna (local channels plus more for free) and netflix. I only pay 7 dollars a month for tv (that doesn't include my internet charge, but I would have that anyway.)

Netflix doesn't have my comedy central shows, but I love that you can get those online for free without needing a cable subscription.
  • Snakeyees
    2320 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Its been on for 25 years i was a teenager when it started I watched it till i went off for war. after Desert storm i would watch it here and there (war changes you) It just didn't spark my interest as it once did but I LOVE THE GAME. and when we have an episode tie in i will watch that episode. but i don't watch every week.
  • nubbin71
    236 posts
    edited January 2014
    Didn't vote as none of the choices were really applicable in my case.

There's no "knowing the future", as the episode to air here the other evening was "Eeny Teeny Maya, Moe", which I am certain is from a few seasons back.

While I enjoy watching Simpsons, even if our episodes are "behind the times", I do not go out of my way to watch them with any regularity. Sometimes I watch a few episodes in a single day, sometimes none in a period of weeks, just depends on the mood and how busy I am with other things.

Again, doesn't really matter if the episode is significant (such as tie-in) because by the time it airs here, the significance of it is lost. Basically we have our recorder set to catch any and all Simpsons episodes. Most are re-runs, but now and then we snag one we've not seen before, and that certainly is a treat.

Since we record the episodes and watch them at our convenience, "time to watch" really isn't an issue.

As for the last option, *shrugs* a poll is what it is, something to stir up conversation, if nothing else, which I think has been rather successful in this case.

In short, I watch Simpsons (even if it is re-run), if I have a break with nothing else pressing to see, like the news or something. It is a great "filler" kind of thing when I am catching breakfast/lunch or while cooking dinner for the family.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Twkoenig wrote:
    The Chaser's War on Everything is an Australian show where I bunch of guys go out and harass politicians and what not. I think it's impossible to explain but it's one of the funniest shows on earth and you can watch it online.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited January 2014
    Don't have any way of watching new episodes
  • Twkoenig
    246 posts
    edited January 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Twkoenig wrote:
    The Chaser's War on Everything is an Australian show where I bunch of guys go out and harass politicians and what not. I think it's impossible to explain but it's one of the funniest shows on earth and you can watch it online.

Just started to check this show out. So far I find it definitely funny. And as I said, wish more shows would offer more online free streaming.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    Twkoenig wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Twkoenig wrote:

Just started to check this show out. So far I find it definitely funny. And as I said, wish more shows would offer more online free streaming.
    Beware, there is a bit of America mocking! It's set up though because they find the dumbest, most uneducated people. They also mock our own country. It's a lot funnier if you're Australian and know the current affairs.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!