EA Forums - Banner

1/10/2014 XMAS UPDATE Important Info

Replies

  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited January 2014
    spAnser wrote:
    How amazing! They make the odds more generous and people still complain. The problem with people these days is they expect everything handed to them on a silver platter.

    Well What EA should have done is something similar to Donuts in Krustyland Mini-Game

    They could have probably forced you to win ClausCo. at 200 Spins or something and done similar with the other prizes.
    I thought that's what they were going to do. Make sure everyone wins eventually.
  • adam19812005
    57 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    This thread is violating the following terms of service:

    - Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers for an EA Service

    You two should really consider what you put out into this world will one day come back to you.
    I think he has posted this in a few threads, that borderline spamming right? Or distrusting the flow of conversation which is also against the ToS :lol:

    Borderline would be a grey area. A grey area is not a violation. So, it either is, or isn't a violation. Also, distrusting the flow of conversation is not even in the ToS, lol.

    Is John Edward upset his award must now go to you?

    Posting the odds will only help everyone period. Ea will make out because now players will spend more donuts thinking they have a chance,plus it gets those frustrated players back in again.

    Tile glitch........not a glitch,if it was they would have fixed it. It is so players visit friends more,thus remain active thus spend more money on donuts.

    If this board upsets you so much,leave. You add nothing.

    FYI,the system is working,because of these odds,I will most likely buy an iTunes card this weekend.

    Respond all you want,I have no interest in your opinion,thoughts concerns....whatever.



    Anyone know if there is an ignore on these boards? A couple of trolls need no more attention.

  • cjmills82
    90 posts
    edited January 2014
    spAnser wrote:
    How amazing! They make the odds more generous and people still complain. The problem with people these days is they expect everything handed to them on a silver platter.

    Well What EA should have done is something similar to Donuts in Krustyland Mini-Game

    They could have probably forced you to win ClausCo. at 200 Spins or something and done similar with the other prizes.
    I thought that's what they were going to do. Make sure everyone wins eventually.

    What's the point of that? Why have events, contests and fun games like the wheel if you're guaranteed to get everything? Just because all the self-entitled whiners demand everything be handed to them, doesn't mean that's how it should be. There are event items I didn't get in the past (I really wanted the Duff Racer), but I don't demand that EA give it to me. It was available, I didn't get it, it happens. Makes it more valuable knowing everyone doesn't have it.
  • Spenson66
    557 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    cjmills82 wrote:
    spAnser wrote:
    How amazing! They make the odds more generous and people still complain. The problem with people these days is they expect everything handed to them on a silver platter.

    Well What EA should have done is something similar to Donuts in Krustyland Mini-Game

    They could have probably forced you to win ClausCo. at 200 Spins or something and done similar with the other prizes.
    I thought that's what they were going to do. Make sure everyone wins eventually.

    What's the point of that? Why have events, contests and fun games like the wheel if you're guaranteed to get everything? Just because all the self-entitled whiners demand everything be handed to them, doesn't mean that's how it should be. There are event items I didn't get in the past (I really wanted the Duff Racer), but I don't demand that EA give it to me. It was available, I didn't get it, it happens. Makes it more valuable knowing everyone doesn't have it.

    Because the fact stands that someone could collect 1000 Spins tokens and still miss out on the <2% items. It is entirely possible for that to happen and is no fun when the wheel looks like it everything should have a 10% chance
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited January 2014
    I had a strong feeling they would update the chances in the last few days to help people out.

    The odds were not as they said before. At least, the supposed odds of getting an item with >1% chances is less than that of the <1% odds of the Homer Buddha. If the odds were equal, there should have been very few people above the 100k mark still missing prizes.

    Though, not much to complain about. It seems like EA is taking a different approach in selling donuts. Get people to whim purchase when they feel a deadline is coming rather than making the items hard to get and just charging donuts afterward.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited January 2014
    cjmills82 wrote:
    spAnser wrote:
    How amazing! They make the odds more generous and people still complain. The problem with people these days is they expect everything handed to them on a silver platter.

    Well What EA should have done is something similar to Donuts in Krustyland Mini-Game

    They could have probably forced you to win ClausCo. at 200 Spins or something and done similar with the other prizes.
    I thought that's what they were going to do. Make sure everyone wins eventually.

    What's the point of that? Why have events, contests and fun games like the wheel if you're guaranteed to get everything? Just because all the self-entitled whiners demand everything be handed to them, doesn't mean that's how it should be. There are event items I didn't get in the past (I really wanted the Duff Racer), but I don't demand that EA give it to me. It was available, I didn't get it, it happens. Makes it more valuable knowing everyone doesn't have it.
    i agree I think its awesome if you can't get everything. But I think that's what they would do. Of let you be able to buy it later
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    spAnser wrote:
    cjmills82 wrote:
    spAnser wrote:
    How amazing! They make the odds more generous and people still complain. The problem with people these days is they expect everything handed to them on a silver platter.

    Well What EA should have done is something similar to Donuts in Krustyland Mini-Game

    They could have probably forced you to win ClausCo. at 200 Spins or something and done similar with the other prizes.
    I thought that's what they were going to do. Make sure everyone wins eventually.

    What's the point of that? Why have events, contests and fun games like the wheel if you're guaranteed to get everything? Just because all the self-entitled whiners demand everything be handed to them, doesn't mean that's how it should be. There are event items I didn't get in the past (I really wanted the Duff Racer), but I don't demand that EA give it to me. It was available, I didn't get it, it happens. Makes it more valuable knowing everyone doesn't have it.

    Because the fact stands that someone could collect 1000 Spins tokens and still miss out on the <2% items. It is entirely possible for that to happen and is no fun when the wheel looks like it everything should have a 10% chance

    I am right at 80,000 cards myself and still don't have Claus Co. I did get Helter Shelter right after the update! Yay. But there are a few people I know who have 120,000 to 150,000 and still haven't gotten either of those. @cj I didn't know this was a whose Springfield is more valuable contest.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    Bottomline is they designed these prizes to be given away, and now they are making sure that they are. Buying spin tokens is/was like rushing a task or a build. You didnt have to, but you wanted to, so you did. Most people who bought a bunch of tokens did it within the first few days. We all knew we were going to get at least 30 more free tokens at that point, but some people decided to clear the wheel right away regardless of cost. Dont get mad at the people who didnt just because they have patience. We all know that freemium games take advantage of those who would rather pay than wait.
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Bottomline is they designed these prizes to be given away, and now they are making sure that they are. Buying spin tokens is/was like rushing a task or a build. You didnt have to, but you wanted to, so you did. Most people who bought a bunch of tokens did it within the first few days. We all knew we were going to get at least 30 more free tokens at that point, but some people decided to clear the wheel right away regardless of cost. Dont get mad at the people who didnt just because they have patience. We all know that freemium games take advantage of those who would rather pay than wait.

    That's weird... One of the few posts I've read on here that makes sense.
  • cjryder625
    1419 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    so I've now got a 6% chance of winning the ice god (last item to get). Doesn't sound like very good odds to me. Not enough for people to get hot under the collar for and say I have an unfair advantage!! I still think many people will not get all the items.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    fastdan1 wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Bottomline is they designed these prizes to be given away, and now they are making sure that they are. Buying spin tokens is/was like rushing a task or a build. You didnt have to, but you wanted to, so you did. Most people who bought a bunch of tokens did it within the first few days. We all knew we were going to get at least 30 more free tokens at that point, but some people decided to clear the wheel right away regardless of cost. Dont get mad at the people who didnt just because they have patience. We all know that freemium games take advantage of those who would rather pay than wait.

    That's weird... One of the few posts I've read on here that makes sense.

    Crazy huh? I forgot to add: There is something to what Oli said about rewarding people for complaining. That was my initial thought when I saw this thread. Then common sense smacked me in the face and said "if this is going to make people happy, without hurting anyone, than it is a good thing, and I should be happy for them."
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited January 2014
    kmendo88 wrote:
    The odds were not as they said before. At least, the supposed odds of getting an item with >1% chances is less than that of the <1% odds of the Homer Buddha. If the odds were equal, there should have been very few people above the 100k mark still missing prizes.

    Your math looks wrong to me.

    People at the 100k mark will have gotten 70 coins from cards.

    The formula (IIRC, please correct me if I'm wrong) is that you take the probability of the outcome not happening [.985], go to the Nth power where N = number of spins [70], and then subtract that product [.347] from 1, to get the probability that you would get a 1.5% item in 70 spins. That probability would be a bit over 65%, meaning that you would expect about 1/3 of the people to *not* have gotten a 1.5% item.

    Now, that is a simplified version, because you are only dealing with one prize rather than multiple prizes [you are actually trying for three or four 1.5% items, for instance], but you can see that it is clearly *not* mathematically likely that every person would have every item as you claim.

    EDIT: Even if you throw in another 30 coins from the egg nog bar (not sure whether that is possible, but the math is still pretty easy), giving a total of 100 coins, that would be under 80%.
  • Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited January 2014


    Anyone know if there is an ignore on these boards? A couple of trolls need no more attention.

    If there is, I haven't been able to find it.

    I don't really understand why people are so annoyed that they improved the odds. It's nice that they listened and adjusted things a little. I'll be the first to acknowledge that in the beginning I was reminding people that based on the odds, the system was such that some people would get all the prizes easily and some wouldn't. But, I truly believed that no one who was actively trying to get the prizes would still be missing them with 100k+ cards.

    It's easy to say, not everyone is going to get everything when we have everything, but I'd be willing to bet that there isn't a single person here who'd complain if they had the opportunity to get a prize that they missed out on. This game isn't competitive, there's no rankings, so what if someone now has a slightly better chance to win a prize than the person who won it early in the event. Either way, both people still won it.
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited January 2014
    Your math looks wrong to me.

    People at the 100k mark will have gotten 70 coins from cards.

    The formula (IIRC, please correct me if I'm wrong) is that you take the probability of the outcome not happening [.985], go to the Nth power where N = number of spins [70], and then subtract that product [.347] from 1, to get the probability that you would get a 1.5% item in 70 spins. That probability would be a bit over 65%, meaning that you would expect about 1/3 of the people to *not* have gotten a 1.5% item.

    Now, that is a simplified version, because you are only dealing with one prize rather than multiple prizes [you are actually trying for three or four 1.5% items, for instance], but you can see that it is clearly *not* mathematically likely that every person would have every item as you claim.

    EDIT: Even if you throw in another 30 coins from the egg nog bar (not sure whether that is possible, but the math is still pretty easy), giving a total of 100 coins, that would be under 80%.

    Well I wasn't working out a math problem, so I'm not sure how it could be wrong. I was questioning the odds EA has listed, stating that you have better chances of getting a <1% odds item from the Buddha than you do a >1% odds item from the wheel.

    100k was just an arbitrary number and although it would only be ~70 tokens (more with bar), that would be enough rolls to land, say, Frink from the Homer Buddha. I know the chances are listed at only 1%, but I'd challenge anyone to purchase 50 Homer Buddha's in a row and not land Frink.

    The odds for the Homer Buddha are not accurate and the odds are not equal between that and the wheel.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    kmendo88 wrote:
    Your math looks wrong to me.

    People at the 100k mark will have gotten 70 coins from cards.

    The formula (IIRC, please correct me if I'm wrong) is that you take the probability of the outcome not happening [.985], go to the Nth power where N = number of spins [70], and then subtract that product [.347] from 1, to get the probability that you would get a 1.5% item in 70 spins. That probability would be a bit over 65%, meaning that you would expect about 1/3 of the people to *not* have gotten a 1.5% item.

    Now, that is a simplified version, because you are only dealing with one prize rather than multiple prizes [you are actually trying for three or four 1.5% items, for instance], but you can see that it is clearly *not* mathematically likely that every person would have every item as you claim.

    EDIT: Even if you throw in another 30 coins from the egg nog bar (not sure whether that is possible, but the math is still pretty easy), giving a total of 100 coins, that would be under 80%.

    Well I wasn't working out a math problem, so I'm not sure how it could be wrong. I was questioning the odds EA has listed, stating that you have better chances of getting a <1% odds item from the Buddha than you do a >1% odds item from the wheel.

    100k was just an arbitrary number and although it would only be ~70 tokens, that would be enough rolls to land, say, Frink from the Homer Buddha. I know the chances are listed at only 1%, but I'd challenge anyone to purchase 50 Homer Buddha's in a row and not land Frink.

    The odds for the Homer Buddha are not accurate and the odds are not equal between that and the wheel.
    That's incredibly lacking in logic. It would be very, VERY unlikely to win Frink even in 50 buddhas. I would do it as A bet - if I don't land him you give me my 750 donuts back and if I do land him, you can have a nice 15 donuts on me (then you can try your luck at winning Frink)! :)
  • blevy728
    12 posts
    edited January 2014
    How do you know if you have cleared the wheel, all I have on my wheel is cash or cards, why am I still collecting cards?

    It seems to me that once you actually DO clear the wheel, there is little reason to continue as you are only getting more cards to earn more spins for more cards (or cash, which is not really a big deal).
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Finally got Ice God because of these new odds! Rejoice!
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited January 2014
    That's incredibly lacking in logic. It would be very, VERY unlikely to win Frink even in 50 buddhas. I would do it as A bet - if I don't land him you give me my 750 donuts back and if I do land him, you can have a nice 15 donuts on me (then you can try your luck at winning Frink)! :)

    How is it lacking in logic? I've tested the buddha and the chances of getting Frink are much greater than the listed 1%. I was saying if the 'odds' listed for the wheel were truly equal to the chances of hitting items with similar odds on the buddha, then most should have cleared the wheel.

    If there were a way for me to transfer over the 750 donuts back to you, I'd take the bet. That's how sure I am that the odds, at least for Frink, are incorrect (not that it's a problem if it lands in our favor of getting him.)

    This is of course just what I've observed, but I base it on probably well over 10,000 tests.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    kmendo88 wrote:
    That's incredibly lacking in logic. It would be very, VERY unlikely to win Frink even in 50 buddhas. I would do it as A bet - if I don't land him you give me my 750 donuts back and if I do land him, you can have a nice 15 donuts on me (then you can try your luck at winning Frink)! :)

    How is it lacking in logic? I've tested the buddha and the chances of getting Frink are much greater than the listed 1%. I was saying if the 'odds' listed for the wheel were truly equal to the chances of hitting items with similar odds on the buddha, then most should have cleared the wheel.

    If there were a way for me to transfer over the 750 donuts back to you, I'd take the bet. That's how sure I am that the odds, at least for Frink, are incorrect (not that it's a problem if it lands in our favor of getting him.)

    This is of course just what I've observed, but I base it on probably well over 10,000 tests.
    I take iTunes gift cards! :D from my experience, the odds can never be relied on and you almost always get medial items with useless bonuses
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited January 2014
    Okay, so the odds of getting of getting a decorated house will drop. That's bad for me because the only prize I have left on my wheel is the Skinner Christmas House (which I think is weird). But it's good for all others that are missing ClausCo or Helter Shelter, so to those players, keep spinning when the date comes, your luck will probably get better. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!