EA Forums - Banner

Lisa's Substitute - It's way past time

I agree, although I may be partial. The episode with Dustin Hoffman as Mr. Bergstrom is where I got my name. He told the children that he had also been called Mr. Nerdstrom and Mr. Boogerstrom.

Replies

• mrnerdstrom
    207 posts
    edited January 2014
    As for Miss Hoover, she could have tasks like / Stay Home Sick With Lyme Disease / Go On Strike / Show Movies at School
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    As for Miss Hoover, she could have tasks like / Stay Home Sick With Lyme Disease / Go On Strike / Show Movies at School

Theres 101 joint tasks she could do with Edna, the most likely being smoking. Althought I dont really approve of the smoking in the game as we have young and impressionable users.

Or a joint task with ralph, allowing him to teach the class, like she did after she received her tenure.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited January 2014
    I have always been very fond of Miss Hoover on the show, although she never had much of a character arc.

As for Mr. Bergstrom, there are other one-off characters I'd rather have (most notably Belle and Frank Grimes) but pairing him with Miss Hoover would make sense. I can totally picture him walking through Springfield in a cowboy outfit (with wristwatch and Texas beltbuckle) for his 24 hour task.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    I have always been very fond of Miss Hoover on the show, although she never had much of a character arc.

As for Mr. Bergstrom, there are other one-off characters I'd rather have (most notably Belle and Frank Grimes) but pairing him with Miss Hoover would make sense. I can totally picture him walking through Springfield in a cowboy outfit (with wristwatch and Texas beltbuckle) for his 24 hour task.

I was oringinally going to post a plea for Miss Hover, but I felt like both characters would make more sense if paired.

La Maison Deriere with belle would be great to see too, I like that idea.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Hoover - Yes

Other guy - No, at least not yet. Save the one episode wonder characters till the end.
  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited January 2014
    I'd be ok with both coming into the game. Lisa's substitute has actually been in 2 episodes as far as I can remember.

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Lisa's_Substitute
    http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/The_Kid_is_All_Right <---FROM THIS SEASON (November episode with Eva Longoria)

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Smart_and_Smarter <---referenced in this episode, with his picture shown
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:
    I'd be ok with both coming into the game. Lisa's substitute has actually been in 2 episodes as far as I can remember.

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Lisa's_Substitute
    http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/The_Kid_is_All_Right <---FROM THIS SEASON (November episode with Eva Longoria)

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Smart_and_Smarter <---referenced in this episode, with his picture shown

Thanks for that, I didnt know, I'll have to watch that one.
  • vegt007
    27 posts
    edited January 2014
    the music teacher too (forgot his name) :lol:
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited January 2014
    miss hoover and the music teacher first they are staple characters.

• HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    baddazoner wrote:
    miss hoover and the music teacher first they are staple characters.

You would rather have a character whose claim to fame is being uninteresting than an awesome character that doesnt appear as often? I wouldnt call Largo a "staple character"
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Mr. Bergstrom?
    Hi.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited January 2014
    crosby357 wrote:
    Mr. Bergstrom?
    Hi.

huh?
  • mbonizzoni303
    51 posts
    edited January 2014
    vegt007 wrote:
    the music teacher too (forgot his name) :lol:

First name: Dewey, forgot his last name.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I think it's a great idea. Would've definitely taken bergstrom over kumiko.
  • slax04
    8 posts
    edited January 2014
    Add me need more cards slax04
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    slax04 wrote:
    Add me need more cards slax04
    Hoo boy.
  • RynoJordan23
    470 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Double post. Sorry.
  • RynoJordan23
    470 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Maybe it's just me, but I feel like this was an episode that everyone could relate to in some way, either as a parent or as a student. I fair to say it's the second most emotionally uplifting episodes of the series, second only to "And Maggie Makes Three" (Dont forget you're here forever/Do it for her).

So, that being said, give us Miss Hoover and Mr Bergstrom. I understand that neither would be voiced, which sucks, but I would still pay for Bergstrom without a voice. He has such a unique look to him, and whenever I see him I'm reminded of the educators who touched my life. Alternatively I think we all also had teachers like Miss Hoover, and I think she would make a good edition to the game, if shes free. I could list some tasks, quests, and dialouge but I feel thats best left to the professionals. The only downsides I see, other than the lack of a voice actor, is there is no good building to attach to the storyline, and you would need the museum if you wanted to play out the story from the episode.

So, thoughts? Would you pay for Bergstrom without a voice? Would you be happy to see Miss Hoover added?

MrBergstrom.pngtve15008-19980823-696.jpgYou_are_lisa_simpson.jpg

Absolutely! You mentioned two of my all time favorite episodes, (Maggie Makes Three would take the top spot for me personally). And to mention a third emotional episode would be "Mother Simpson" where Homer is finally reunited with his mother, only to lose her again when she must flee from justice. Him sitting on his car looking up at the stars during the ending credits is so touching.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.