EA Forums - Banner

The new wheel odds make me very angry.

Replies

• ayyezajac
    138 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They basically punished their premium players and rewarded their freemium players. I spent large amounts of money/donuts to get the wheel items early on since the odds were awful. Now it turns out I had a pretty decent chance to get them had I waited for the update. Thanks a lot, EA. Don't expect me to spend a dime on any wheels (or wheel equivalents) in the future. I'll just wait for you to reward your non-paying customers at the expense of your paying customers and will reap the benefits for free.

It truly is unbelievable how bad they are at business and don't understand who should be rewarded and who shouldn't. I'm still hoping for a $5/month premium account option. Unlimited access to premium items if you pay. Then the premium players would actually be rewarded appropriately. EA is awful.

Josh I don't agree with you ever,

But i will agree with you here, how is it fair for EA to change the RULES or Odds in the middle of the game? that in any definition is cheating. I like Josh spent doughnuts on the wheel and i have not **** once about buying them and spending them on the wheel as the RULES were set and i felt i needed them to finally clear the wheel. I was at 108k Cards and $21 in doughnuts. before i cleared the wheel and i only bought the doughnuts toward the end so i could win helter shelter.

How is it fair to people who bought doughnuts, due to us having bad luck?

I also agree with Josh.. I'm a premium player and bought a pretty good amount of doughnuts specifically spent on winning the prizes on the wheel early. I cleared the wheel VERY early on, which was nice... but now to change the odds.. I'm pretty mad.
  • cjmills82
    90 posts
    edited January 2014
    LOL at idiot Josh for wasting his donuts on stuff that he could get for free. I cleared the wheel weeks ago without spending a dime.

And you can blame people just like you for the new odds. All the whiners on this site, EA finally makes concessions, and they get further whining.

I really wish they'd ban you already. You're nothing more than a spoiled child.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They basically punished their premium players and rewarded their freemium players. I spent large amounts of money/donuts to get the wheel items early on since the odds were awful. Now it turns out I had a pretty decent chance to get them had I waited for the update. Thanks a lot, EA. Don't expect me to spend a dime on any wheels (or wheel equivalents) in the future. I'll just wait for you to reward your non-paying customers at the expense of your paying customers and will reap the benefits for free.

It truly is unbelievable how bad they are at business and don't understand who should be rewarded and who shouldn't. I'm still hoping for a $5/month premium account option. Unlimited access to premium items if you pay. Then the premium players would actually be rewarded appropriately. EA is awful.

But i will agree with you here, how is it fair for EA to change the RULES or Odds in the middle of the game? that in any definition is cheating. I like Josh spent doughnuts on the wheel and i have not **** once about buying them and spending them on the wheel as the RULES were set and i felt i needed them to finally clear the wheel. I was at 108k Cards and $21 in doughnuts. before i cleared the wheel and i only bought the doughnuts toward the end so i could win helter shelter.

I also agree with Josh.. I'm a premium player and bought a pretty good amount of doughnuts specifically spent on winning the prizes on the wheel early. I cleared the wheel VERY early on, which was nice... but now to change the odds.. I'm pretty mad.

Yes, but you didn't HAVE to spend donuts to buy tokens. You and other premium players wanted to do that in hopes you'd win the prizes early and feel awesome when people visited your town because you had the items they didn't have yet. You guys knew you'd get tokens for free, a lot of them, but you can't be mad because your impatience caused you to spend money (donuts) when it wasn't necessary. I didn't spend a dime, have all the prizes, and a stash of almost 80 extra tokens right now. You could have done the same thing.
  • cjmills82
    90 posts
    edited January 2014
    Aww, little Joshy NARC'd and had my post removed.

I'll say it again...I hope they ban you. You are nothing more than a spoiled child who thinks he's entitled to everything. Perhaps your parents should have raised you better.
  • amandabog1
    122 posts
    edited January 2014

People are pretty happy over there in CO aren't they?

Happy and mellow.....
  • feve10
    6 posts
    edited January 2014
    First spin today i got Helter Shelter, so the odds are wayy better
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited January 2014
    cjmills82 wrote:

I'll say it again...I hope they ban you. You are nothing more than a spoiled child who thinks he's entitled to everything. Perhaps your parents should have raised you better.

Your post got removed because you called him something.
    Dont be flaming each other please
  • adam19812005
    57 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Such great news.

I am still missing the yeti in one town. Spun four times today,nothing.

I cleared the wheel in my second town,118,000 was the magic ticket number.

In my third town,I still need the ice god and clause co,spun four times today and nothing. I am closing in on 110,000 tickets there.

• wilki1999
    3974 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Stop slagging off ea. They make a good game for everyone to enjoy and people like you abuse it. I do know a trick that works for the wheel but I dont think i should tell you. If anyone reading this forum wants the trick then pm me
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited January 2014
    This place is like a taking candy from a baby for trolls.
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    May I say that people that are mad about the new odds, are 1) people that already have cleared the wheel, 2) are a bit selfish. I am over 172,000 cards, have spend donuts for 40 coins, and still am missing the Clausco.

I can't understand that people who had the luck to have cleared the wheel early, are the same poeple that complains about the odds changing. Selfish guys ? ? ? Don't you want every player, freemium or premium to get what you were able to have in a very easy way ?
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

Yes, but you didn't HAVE to spend donuts to buy tokens. You and other premium players wanted to do that in hopes you'd win the prizes early and feel awesome when people visited your town because you had the items they didn't have yet. You guys knew you'd get tokens for free, a lot of them, but you can't be mad because your impatience caused you to spend money (donuts) when it wasn't necessary. I didn't spend a dime, have all the prizes, and a stash of almost 80 extra tokens right now. You could have done the same thing.

In defense of Josh, he didn't get the Claus company until a couple of days ago. He's one of my neighbors. And his Springfield looks amazing!
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    cjmills82 wrote:

That comment was really mature.
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited January 2014
    May I say that people that are mad about the new odds, are 1) people that already have cleared the wheel, 2) are a bit selfish. I am over 172,000 cards, have spend donuts for 40 coins, and still am missing the Clausco.

I can't understand that people who had the luck to have cleared the wheel early, are the same poeple that complains about the odds changing. Selfish guys ? ? ? Don't you want every player, freemium or premium to get what you were able to have in a very easy way ?

Keep in mind, these are also the same people who have been complaining for weeks, that the wheel itself was a scam in order to milk money out of people for donuts (as well as the initial round of community prizes). Most people disagreed, so it is especially funny to now read that these same people spent donuts and then found out that they didn't have to. Punishing their own pessimism...
  • ayyezajac
    138 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

We didn't feel the odds of the wheel would suddenly change (which shouldn't happen). This has nothing to do with wanting to feel superior when other people visit my town. Honestly, I don't care what other people think of my town because it's MY town.. not theirs. I did it to complete the Christmas event. By doing that, my town goes back into full make and save money mode..
  • thatguamguy
    158 posts
    edited January 2014
    ayyezajac wrote:
    I did it to complete the Christmas event. By doing that, my town goes back into full make and save money mode..

So you got a personal benefit out of finishing the event early? Well, there you go. That is what you paid for.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    HCoinslot wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:
    You spent all those donuts on the wheel because you lack patience. Thats your fault, no one elses.

And yes, EA is really bad at business, thats why they can hardly turn a profit. Rampant idiocy.

They were voted worst gaming company several years in a row. Please don't try time defend them. Perhaps if they spent less time rewarding their cheapskate customers and more time rewarding their loyal customers they'd be in better shape.

The kid's obviously never had a sunburn!

So what do you guys have planned for after you finish ruining this forum?

And no, my beautiful skin doesnt burn. Thanks for noticing! Well, you sad losers bore me, and since I can, I think I'll just knock off at noon and go play with my son. Have fun spreading negativity across the internet. I hope it doesnt come back to you in the form of **** cancer.

Lol after we "ruin this forum" we'll take over the world!
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't mind it at all. I spent donuts in my game to get everything. But I still want my son to get everything, and he's had worse luck at the wheel than me. So I'm glad they changed the odds.

Edit...already got the Ice God with his first spin today. Just the Homer/Barney skins and Yeti to go.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    cjmills82 wrote:

I don't know what you said but I wish I saw it. The mods are always reading my topics closely. I doubt anyone was a "narc" since they would have seen it long before anyone marked you.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

That's not a relevant factor. We knew the odds were bad. So we paid because we didn't think we would get it in the next 30 days. Then they basically said "haha you would have gotten it anyway if you waited for us to change the odds but thanks for the extra money you suckers!"
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!