EA Forums - Banner

The new wheel odds make me very angry.

Replies

• sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    cjmills82 wrote:
    Aww, little Joshy NARC'd and had my post removed.

I'll say it again...I hope they ban you. You are nothing more than a spoiled child who thinks he's entitled to everything. Perhaps your parents should have raised you better.

I don't know what you said but I wish I saw it. The mods are always reading my topics closely. I doubt anyone was a "narc" since they would have seen it long before anyone marked you.

I was going to comment the same thing. Josh's topics are always overmoderated, so no one can ever slip anything offensive in.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Jedihntr wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They basically punished their premium players and rewarded their freemium players. I spent large amounts of money/donuts to get the wheel items early on since the odds were awful. Now it turns out I had a pretty decent chance to get them had I waited for the update. Thanks a lot, EA. Don't expect me to spend a dime on any wheels (or wheel equivalents) in the future. I'll just wait for you to reward your non-paying customers at the expense of your paying customers and will reap the benefits for free.

It truly is unbelievable how bad they are at business and don't understand who should be rewarded and who shouldn't. I'm still hoping for a $5/month premium account option. Unlimited access to premium items if you pay. Then the premium players would actually be rewarded appropriately. EA is awful.

Josh I don't agree with you ever,

But i will agree with you here, how is it fair for EA to change the RULES or Odds in the middle of the game? that in any definition is cheating. I like Josh spent doughnuts on the wheel and i have not **** once about buying them and spending them on the wheel as the RULES were set and i felt i needed them to finally clear the wheel. I was at 108k Cards and $21 in doughnuts. before i cleared the wheel and i only bought the doughnuts toward the end so i could win helter shelter.

How is it fair to people who bought doughnuts, due to us having bad luck?

I also agree with Josh.. I'm a premium player and bought a pretty good amount of doughnuts specifically spent on winning the prizes on the wheel early. I cleared the wheel VERY early on, which was nice... but now to change the odds.. I'm pretty mad.

Yes, but you didn't HAVE to spend donuts to buy tokens. You and other premium players wanted to do that in hopes you'd win the prizes early and feel awesome when people visited your town because you had the items they didn't have yet. You guys knew you'd get tokens for free, a lot of them, but you can't be mad because your impatience caused you to spend money (donuts) when it wasn't necessary. I didn't spend a dime, have all the prizes, and a stash of almost 80 extra tokens right now. You could have done the same thing.

That's not a relevant factor. We knew the odds were bad. So we paid because we didn't think we would get it in the next 30 days. Then they basically said "haha you would have gotten it anyway if you waited for us to change the odds but thanks for the extra money you suckers!"

Maybe you should have waited 29 days to see if you'd get the prizes for free before wasting your donuts.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    Ahaha I'm just going to laugh at his posts from now on. Though they contain minimal amounts of truth, they are incredibly entertaining! @JoshSherer - don't come to Australia if you hate the heat. If you just stopped thinking about what you are missing out on and instead be content how much more you have over most people here, you would be a happier person. Although I do think you get thrills from reading the stirred up comments.
  • ayyezajac
    138 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Jedihntr wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They basically punished their premium players and rewarded their freemium players. I spent large amounts of money/donuts to get the wheel items early on since the odds were awful. Now it turns out I had a pretty decent chance to get them had I waited for the update. Thanks a lot, EA. Don't expect me to spend a dime on any wheels (or wheel equivalents) in the future. I'll just wait for you to reward your non-paying customers at the expense of your paying customers and will reap the benefits for free.

It truly is unbelievable how bad they are at business and don't understand who should be rewarded and who shouldn't. I'm still hoping for a $5/month premium account option. Unlimited access to premium items if you pay. Then the premium players would actually be rewarded appropriately. EA is awful.

Josh I don't agree with you ever,

But i will agree with you here, how is it fair for EA to change the RULES or Odds in the middle of the game? that in any definition is cheating. I like Josh spent doughnuts on the wheel and i have not **** once about buying them and spending them on the wheel as the RULES were set and i felt i needed them to finally clear the wheel. I was at 108k Cards and $21 in doughnuts. before i cleared the wheel and i only bought the doughnuts toward the end so i could win helter shelter.

How is it fair to people who bought doughnuts, due to us having bad luck?

I also agree with Josh.. I'm a premium player and bought a pretty good amount of doughnuts specifically spent on winning the prizes on the wheel early. I cleared the wheel VERY early on, which was nice... but now to change the odds.. I'm pretty mad.

Yes, but you didn't HAVE to spend donuts to buy tokens. You and other premium players wanted to do that in hopes you'd win the prizes early and feel awesome when people visited your town because you had the items they didn't have yet. You guys knew you'd get tokens for free, a lot of them, but you can't be mad because your impatience caused you to spend money (donuts) when it wasn't necessary. I didn't spend a dime, have all the prizes, and a stash of almost 80 extra tokens right now. You could have done the same thing.

That's not a relevant factor. We knew the odds were bad. So we paid because we didn't think we would get it in the next 30 days. Then they basically said "haha you would have gotten it anyway if you waited for us to change the odds but thanks for the extra money you suckers!"

Maybe you should have waited 29 days to see if you'd get the prizes for free before wasting your donuts.

It's pretty clear what your agenda is here. There are PLENTY of people who did just that and waited... And didn't earn all the prizes. What does that tell you? That's why we did what we did.. again, under the assumption the odds wouldn't increase. If the event ended today with no odds increase, there are a ton of people who wouldn't have earned all the prizes, justifying what Josh and I are arguing.
  • Spenson66
    557 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    btrade3 wrote:
    A bright, sunny day would make you angry too. Get over yourself already.

I won't argue with that. I hate warm weather. I get hot easily. My preferred temperature is about 60-65 Fahrenheit. Anything above 75 makes me very uncomfortable. I also hate the sun since it gets right in your eyes and is annoying. I prefer cloudy with a nice little breeze.

That is my ideal weather conditions although I prefer it a little hotter though I get cold easily :) 70-75
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited January 2014
    spAnser wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    btrade3 wrote:

I won't argue with that. I hate warm weather. I get hot easily. My preferred temperature is about 60-65 Fahrenheit. Anything above 75 makes me very uncomfortable. I also hate the sun since it gets right in your eyes and is annoying. I prefer cloudy with a nice little breeze.

That is my ideal weather conditions although I prefer it a little hotter though I get cold easily :) 70-75
    c'mon to England if you want cloudy :lol: at the moment theirs plenty of breezy :(
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    spAnser wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    btrade3 wrote:

What's that in celcius? Ahaha
  • LPNintendoITA
    11547 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    spAnser wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    btrade3 wrote:

21-23°C
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited January 2014

Exactly what I did. I do buy content in a selected basis and waited to see what happened and I got it all just before New Year on 85k. Spending early is never the thing to do.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    spAnser wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    btrade3 wrote:

21-23°C
    That's so cold! Not even warm!
  • Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited January 2014
    Yes the odds were terrible, but they weren't impossible. I can't remember my exact total, but I'm pretty sure it was less than 60k to clear the wheel without spending donuts because I was lucky.

Let's look at what we knew when the event started. We knew we would all get at least 1 spin a day. We knew we would get an additional spin token for every 1k in gift cards we collected over 30k. Unfortunately, the glitch hit a lot of people and they've only been getting their 1 spin token a day. We also knew that EA has shown that they will re-evaluate, cave into pressure (for the critical), or rig the system (for the conspiracy folks) and adjust things to make it so that people can get as many of the free prizes as possible. Knowing all that, the only real motivation that I can see for spending donuts on spins before the 5th or the 6th was to get everything early and not stress about it. Then they extended the event, which we knew several days in advance. So this means there was no real rush to spend donuts on spin tokens until 11th or 12th now. Now they're tweaking the wheel to make it a little easier for the folks who still have to clear it, just in time for those who were holding out on buying tokens to spend their donuts and have a shot.

I'm not going to repeat what I said in another thread, but the gist of it was this game has no ranking so it's not like anyone who wins the prizes now has any real advantage over anyone who won them before. Both players still won.
  • annettemarc
    7745 posts Member
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:
    He has a point. Like a lot of other people, early on I spent 150 donuts for 30 spins. Had everyone known the odds would change, who would have spent donuts? Nobody. Of course the people who never or rarely spend a dime on this game are going to say, "stop crying" or whatever.

Free players seem to forget that premium players keep this game free/advertisement free for the rest of the community. If we weren't paying for the game, do you think you'd be getting any kind of free prizes/events as often as we do now?

He spent money, so he has the right to complain. People see Josh's name, disregard whether he has a valid complaint, and immediately comment saying how stupid he is.

We oughta have a new badge for people like us, who spent obscene amounts of real life money on this wheel. 150 donuts could be our baseline. (I blew past that number the first three days ;) ) also, if I hadn't already cleared the wheel, I definitely WOULD buy donuts to do it, regardless whether I knew the odds were going to change.

Incidentally, I love the image in your signature line. It's an amazing effect. Did you do that?
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:
    He has a point. Like a lot of other people, early on I spent 150 donuts for 30 spins. Had everyone known the odds would change, who would have spent donuts? Nobody. Of course the people who never or rarely spend a dime on this game are going to say, "stop crying" or whatever.

Free players seem to forget that premium players keep this game free/advertisement free for the rest of the community. If we weren't paying for the game, do you think you'd be getting any kind of free prizes/events as often as we do now?

He spent money, so he has the right to complain. People see Josh's name, disregard whether he has a valid complaint, and immediately comment saying how stupid he is.

We oughta have a new badge for people like us, who spent obscene amounts of real life money on this wheel. 150 donuts could be our baseline. (I blew past that number the first three days ;) ) also, if I hadn't already cleared the wheel, I definitely WOULD buy donuts to do it, regardless whether I knew the odds were going to change.

Incidentally, I love the image in your signature line. It's an amazing effect. Did you do that?
    Mm yeah, I was extremely impatient in waiting for spins ahaha
  • DogmaTriple6
    93 posts
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:

I agree with Josh and you, I'm tired of the free cheat players abusing every glitch know for the game I'm making it known it's **** and I'm forcing EA to go head hunting.
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    I wish someone would work out and post the odds of Josh having a positive or remotely constructive opinion.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:

I agree with Josh and you, I'm tired of the free cheat players abusing every glitch know for the game I'm making it known it's **** and I'm forcing EA to go head hunting.
    Oh you're that tool that still thinks it's a glitch when it's been around for months. What's funnier is that it's not cheating in any way and it also doesnt affect you in the slightest. Just for the record, I don't do it so I'm not speaking on behalf of myself but rather for everyone.
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    llazzarr wrote:

They're not glitches. EA know they exist. It's like every other game in the world - there are always going to be cheats/easter eggs.
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited January 2014
    bahepton wrote:
    I wish someone would work out and post the odds of Josh having a positive or remotely constructive opinion.
    He said mostly positive things about the tie-in!
  • Benthebossyo
    139 posts
    edited January 2014
    i find myself agreeing with josh more and more,he's right. people complaining about the wheel were always just cheap.
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2014
    bahepton wrote:
    He said mostly positive things about the tie-in!

I didn't say he was incapable of a positive opinion - it would just be interesting to know whether the odds of such an event would be higher/lower than landing on an item on the wheel haha
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!